Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

it is rather technical for me.. all i want is, the water will indeed have purified and alkaline functions....

hmm.. as a layman consumer, what i see is the specs of jupiter is that it did not clearly specify the no. & size of the titatinium plates, that prompted me to select the KYK..

i guess the homework u did, like contacts from south korea ministry n etc, is not wat a normal consumer can find out one...

but if dr kyk has so many false claims about himself, then how did he get all those awards? i m very confused now.. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am not sure about 2 grades. Mine is certified under NSF Standard 42 and 53. These seem to be the relevant standards for water filters based on the NSF website. Consumers should verify the cerification claims by doing a search on the NSF website.

Hi belle,

There are lots of filters in the market to choose from, as you mentioned the brand and independent testings are important. NSF certifications are important too as they define which type of chemical, heavy metal etc are removed.....

I heard that there are 2 grades of NSF certification which is is really important to pure filter systems.

Cheers!

it is rather technical for me.. all i want is, the water will indeed have purified and alkaline functions....

hmm.. as a layman consumer, what i see is the specs of jupiter is that it did not clearly specify the no. & size of the titatinium plates, that prompted me to select the KYK..

i guess the homework u did, like contacts from south korea ministry n etc, is not wat a normal consumer can find out one...

but if dr kyk has so many false claims about himself, then how did he get all those awards? i m very confused now.. :(

Hi seashells,

Basically you could check through a phone call if they did not specify the number of plates..... or mesh for instance....

I must admit, I am kind of extreme... especially health wise... :rolleyes: .. friends who need health advice find me... but I am a flop in other areas... ..... bad at finding good places to eat (dun even ask me.. i might just bring you to your worst nightmare food stall... ..bad at renovation stuff.... etc... (having big headache to choose ID now sigh :( bad at investment... (got burned many times)

As far as I know... plate size does not constitute to better anti-oxidants values... and this is why.

Technology is getting things to become stronger yet smaller.. If I told someone that the in thing now is a CRT TV, they would be wondering which parallel dimension am I from... The latest TV is LED thinner than a lcd or plasma.. yet LED is still not a full LED.. to TV are getting slimmer.... Likewise lot of stuff in our household are getting smaller but more efficient... remembered how long it took to boil water last time? now it takes half that time...

As scientists we know the difficulties and stress of maintaining and calibrating probes to test all kinds of stuff... from pH, TDS (total dissolve solids), ORP etc.. we need to calibrate it all the time... these systems are needed to test stuff but the maintainance... gosh.. its a killer....

So when u see the KYK system telling u this is the ORP value (oxidative reduction potential) or pH you are getting now... I was like rolling my eyes... if there was such a system or tester that do not need calibration I would be the 1st to buy that stuff and not waste life calibrating my testers... but honestly its untrue and I dun know why they put in in there.

To answer your question on Dr. KYK, I once shared a office space with a financial investor in my previous work and when I talked to him one day after he got some award (best trust fund award 2007) he said the award was nothing and it could easily be bought... I do not imply all awards are scam but some are not as "BIG" as what they made it out to be. Honestly... I do not know who is making it up it could be Korea or locally....

At the end of the day.... do find out more before committing to a water ionizer. Example below....

My latest project... doing major homework on a soundbar for my new home cos I hate wires... taking me a long time cos I am a sound idiot.... when I go to Philips they say it so so so good.. When I go to yamaha and told them about Philips being good.. they rolled eyeball.....

Cheers!

Guest Goobii
gkbt seems competitor of H2O, haha.. keep on telling the bad things...

I believe what i research is the truth, as I'm a Lecturer too...

Consumer shouldn't be confuse by all of our talk here, do your own research, make sure the website and the information you get are from the right site.

God Bless.

I think gkbt represent for KEMP trading.... LOL...

maybe sponser by them and therefore can provide SOOOOOO much knowledge about it... Avantar even states his location @ Tanjong Pagar.

Is that strange or he is just the sale person for KEMP trading (Jupiter & Marvello) ...

Anyway... here is something which is requested by our "EXPERT" gkbt...

13941_172219113140_683288140_2920330_724

The most expensive item in the kitchen

13941_172219138140_683288140_2920331_821

Cleansui AL680 ionizer (Made In Japan)

13941_172219103140_683288140_2920329_703

The filter layout.

13941_172219173140_683288140_2920338_176

The AL680 with the cleaning ranges & effects : 13+2

Edited by Goobii

I think gkbt represent for KEMP trading.... LOL...

maybe sponser by them and therefore can provide SOOOOOO much knowledge about it... Avantar even states his location @ Tanjong Pagar.

Is that strange or he is just the sale person for KEMP trading (Jupiter & Marvello) ...

Anyway... here is something which is requested by our "EXPERT" gkbt...

Ai Yo,

How I wished they paid me for this....haha then I would get some kopi money... but unfortunately they don't. Want to do biz, H20 might be better..., new alkaline system coming into market, seems very sleek looking and by evergreen stationary.

I'm good at health issues, cos that is my hobby and education... but as for the rest.. I would need to learn from you all. If all uncomfortable, then I refrain from posting more stuff.

Goobii, if you see my other postings in renotalk, you would know tat I am about to reside at Pinnacle@duston after 5 years of long waiting :P ... now I am sourcing for ID and other stuff. So that may give you guys some misunderstanding...

Anyway regarding cleansui, the pictures you showed... I have seen them too at tangs, problem is that I know what the Jupiter Delphi will be top and bottom, but I cant see it for cleansui undersink in real life. I believed that you installed the cleansui undersink right?, is it possible to post them here? The only 2 system that is undersink is only this 2 which I am considering for my new house. I have tried calling cleansui them but so far no response.. will try again soon. ;)

Thanks in advance for helping :P

Edited by gkbt

Guest Goobii

Hope this helps... no need to call them ... send them email as they just return back from japan.

CLEANSUI Team

Hotline: 9125 1984

www.btbtrading.com/cleansui

"Lin Chan" <lin@btbtrading.com>

As for the actual installation... I can only post it once my kitchen cabinet is build and my plumber installed the system. Else, now in the box take photo also no use....

LOL...

Hope this helps... no need to call them ... send them email as they just return back from japan.

CLEANSUI Team

Hotline: 9125 1984

www.btbtrading.com/cleansui

"Lin Chan" <lin@btbtrading.com>

As for the actual installation... I can only post it once my kitchen cabinet is build and my plumber installed the system. Else, now in the box take photo also no use....

LOL...

Got the information from cleansui for the undersink unit. Its basically a 3pc platinum titanium plates. The alkaline water system I am using is 5plate.... so I dun think I will accept a step backwards.....

If budget is possible I'll still take the Jupiter delphi. If not a Jupiter Alphion maybe the next possible option... but highly unlikely for cleansui... unless they have a 5 plate for me consider.

Guest Goobii
Got the information from cleansui for the undersink unit. Its basically a 3pc platinum titanium plates. The alkaline water system I am using is 5plate.... so I dun think I will accept a step backwards.....

If budget is possible I'll still take the Jupiter delphi. If not a Jupiter Alphion maybe the next possible option... but highly unlikely for cleansui... unless they have a 5 plate for me consider.

If budgets is not a problem for you... I will suggest you go for Delphi ... the modern and chrome looks is way way way better than a BOX filter place on the table.

imagewrap1.jpg

Jupiter Delphi

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Goobii

Hi everyone,

I was reading the thread and saw some people recommending their water filter for home. Just want to contribute mine which i have just installed in my new home. I have been using water filters/dispenser for almost 15years now and this is by far the most satisfied one i have. Fuss free and most importantly it comes with a lot of after sales service. No matter which filter you chose the most important is after sales service. Whats the point of having a clogged filter? They have people that comes and does cleaning for you, so you dont have to keep remembering. Here the link to Coway's website for those interested www.coway.com

Coway Mach CHP-03A

http://www.coway.com/product/product_detai...tegoryOneCode=1

enquiry@22associates.com

T: 6493 3822

Hi everyone,

I was reading the thread and saw some people recommending their water filter for home. Just want to contribute mine which i have just installed in my new home. I have been using water filters/dispenser for almost 15years now and this is by far the most satisfied one i have. Fuss free and most importantly it comes with a lot of after sales service. No matter which filter you chose the most important is after sales service. Whats the point of having a clogged filter? They have people that comes and does cleaning for you, so you dont have to keep remembering. Here the link to Coway's website for those interested www.coway.com

Coway Mach CHP-03A

http://www.coway.com/product/product_detai...tegoryOneCode=1

enquiry@22associates.com

T: 6493 3822

Hi Star,

Thanks for the information,

Generally I think filters are still filters unless they have other special things about them. By far and large, most companies that you contact is a filter company. Moreover I dun think too well on companies that sell their system on a MLM concept. There is too much monies going to the pockets of people and not much savings to consumers. Thats the reason why I am very picky on any systems I buy...try to be closer to the manufactuer as possible.

E.g. I got to know someone inside philips... can get me staff price on my soundbar and tv.... so happy.... if not I will be paying through my nose for them... haha ;)

Here's the reply from KYK ... for your reference...

I can see there is a lot of talk about these 2 brands in the market – one has been around for 20 years and as for us, new in South East Asia but expanding very quickly because KYK is indeed a brand backed by the very famous man scientist, Dr. Kim Young Kwi in Korea.

At H2O Life Source, we do not comment on competitors’ brand but we always advise customers to look into independent, unbias studies of water ionizers in the market.

The technology of water ionizers is not new but it is the effectiveness and performance that one has to be very careful with. If one is serious about an investment in health, it has got to be the best, not the cheapest.

I wish I can introduce Dr. Kim to you in person. He is such a reputable man whose passion is in his research and development of water since the 1980.

I have enclosed a profile of Dr. Kim & his personal awards – given to him as a recognition of his contribution to the health of mankind because of his technology in water ionizers. By the way, Dr. Kim has been in water research and development since 1980, he is not a “new kid on the blog”, he is already in his fifties. His ionizers are made strictly in his own factory, not outsource to some main manufacturing facilities that produces all ionizers and then put on your own label.

I have also enclosed a profile of product awards & recognition by different reputable international organizations.

If you are just comparing effectiveness & performance, simply look at the total surface area of the platinum titanium plates. The greater the surface area the greater is the water flow contact – water requires contact in order for the ionization to work. Think in terms of Suzuki 1000cc versus the Lexus 3000cc. For a smaller engine we may need to add all the “bells and whistles” such as mesh plates, special cables, spark plugs to boost the performance. But as for KYK Genesis, it is alike the Lexus 3000cc, it simply works at the touch of a button J

http://www.h2olifesource.com/why_buy_kyk.html

kyk25000_01.jpg

comparison.jpg

Edited by seashell

Here's the reply from KYK ... for your reference...

I can see there is a lot of talk about these 2 brands in the market – one has been around for 20 years and as for us, new in South East Asia but expanding very quickly because KYK is indeed a brand backed by the very famous man scientist, Dr. Kim Young Kwi in Korea.

At H2O Life Source, we do not comment on competitors’ brand but we always advise customers to look into independent, unbias studies of water ionizers in the market.

The technology of water ionizers is not new but it is the effectiveness and performance that one has to be very careful with. If one is serious about an investment in health, it has got to be the best, not the cheapest.

I wish I can introduce Dr. Kim to you in person. He is such a reputable man whose passion is in his research and development of water since the 1980.

I have enclosed a profile of Dr. Kim & his personal awards – given to him as a recognition of his contribution to the health of mankind because of his technology in water ionizers. By the way, Dr. Kim has been in water research and development since 1980, he is not a “new kid on the blog”, he is already in his fifties. His ionizers are made strictly in his own factory, not outsource to some main manufacturing facilities that produces all ionizers and then put on your own label.

I have also enclosed a profile of product awards & recognition by different reputable international organizations.

If you are just comparing effectiveness & performance, simply look at the total surface area of the platinum titanium plates. The greater the surface area the greater is the water flow contact – water requires contact in order for the ionization to work. Think in terms of Suzuki 1000cc versus the Lexus 3000cc. For a smaller engine we may need to add all the “bells and whistles” such as mesh plates, special cables, spark plugs to boost the performance. But as for KYK Genesis, it is alike the Lexus 3000cc, it simply works at the touch of a button J

Seashells...

sigh... seriously..... I do not know what else to say.... but for the sake of the debate... let me "explain" again...

I wish to meet him in person... except he is nowhere to be found. Thinking back... when he was suspose to be in Singpore to give a talk on the ionization process method in NUSS guild.... Someone mentioned he was down with flu????? Recently at H20 grand openings at 2 showrooms... I am surprise that even the "Dr. KYK" did not turn up. I would very much like to talk to him about his system and discuss with him on water issues.

The awards as mentioned... based on the grand opening, I see that there are duplicate certs and at least half of them are not even important. If you wish to know more do some homework please... I do not wish to feed everyone and then be called "Kemp Trading" marketing arm.. :(

Its interesting to note that "Dr. KYK" has been researching since 1980... I am not sure when he got his "Dr.". To do scientific research you need to be a phD 1st. But based on his age... there is hardly any evidences to prove otherwise. Please you your maths.. 2009 -1980 = 29years? lets say kim is 59-29=30? To get a phD at 30 is amazing.... a phD in singpaore you would be 32 at least. Do let us know where he did his research and I can find out if its true. I do not personally know Kim so if H20 can provide evidence other than just a script... it would be able to solve everything.

Again... Larger surface area is NOT able to give u better alkaline water or ORP. Check it out with a orp meter and stop relying on the system to "artifically" boost your confidence on the product. A preset ORP means it will just run up to that orp number but it is not exact and definately not accurate... "Dr. Kim" would have known that. There are lots of indepent studies on ORP and alkalinity... however I do not see an independent study by KYK but relying on website with financial interest in KYK products...

If you are looking for a link to where KYK got the systems and plates from... find Yi shan electric and compare it with KYK9988, KYK9040gold, KYK8000, KYK7788... that is your smoking gun. The Genesis is the only mould that is genunine KYK...

Lastly... mesh electrodes are the next generation for ionizers... A check with other brands in USA indicates that a few top end companies are moving to mesh electrodes as well... check charston, lifeionizers etc.

Isnt is appropriate that Lexus Vs susuki.... Lexus made in Taiwan while susuki in Japan???

Lastly please do some simple research, the web has tons of info that you will be able to find that will prove the point.There is no need to investigate deeply.. If in doubt do not act until its confirmed beyond doubt.

I think I should stop all this and head back to bargaining with my ID now.. need to confirm 1 of them by this week... urghh

Cheers

Guest Goobii

wAh ~! ! !

So What is the best & recommended water filter.. for all the comsumer here to know.

Filter TOP 3 choice:

High End:

Brand/Model: ???

Price:

URL:

Mid End:

Price:

URL:

Low End:

Price:

URL:

Edited by Goobii

wAh ~! ! !

So What is the best & recommended water filter.. for all the comsumer here to know.

Filter TOP 3 choice:

High End:

Price:

URL:

Mid End:

Price:

URL:

Low End:

Price:

URL:

goobii,

there are too many brands out in the market to choose from... Basically I split it out into 2 categories

Health purpose

Filter purpose.

Filter purpose: for filtering out impurities and removal of chemicals. Range from low - mid prices... starting from $100 to $1000

*dun bother about mlm companies filters... they are just too expensive. Brands such as Hyflux and cleansui filter models have good filteration systems, NSF certification is impt here as it will tell you how much and what kind of impurities it can remove.

Health purpose: other than just filtering, consumers want something extra for their health. Price range from mid - high $1000 onwards

There are 2 types of systems here that I know of.. water Ionizers and magnetic resonance systems. Brands such as Jupiter (water ionizer) and MRET (magnetic resonance) have good reputable scientific and clinical research. Health benefits include smaller water clusters, alkalinity, antioxidants... etc... * Again dun bother abt mlm companies... they are way too ex....

Finally pls do some research b4 getting a system... properties of the system, budget and after sales service is important

Guest Goobii

I prefer more for filter purpose to get the best cleanest water possible ...

Filter + Abit for health purpose = Cleansui AL680 (That's my final choice...)