Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Hyflux water filter going for $99... not bad looking - is this good enough?

The resident ants in my house always zero in on the filtered water in my Hyflux Water Pitcher so I guess there must be something good about these types of water filters.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The resident ants in my house always zero in on the filtered water in my Hyflux Water Pitcher so I guess there must be something good about these types of water filters.

Actually speaking you should disinfect your pitcher cos ants love food rather than look for water. If your family ants still go for your pitcher, it means that their pheromones are still attached to the pitcher = not washed pitcher.

Off topic here, I recently bought a ultra high frequency pest management device... Was EXTREMELY skeptical... but guess what... when i kept it on... there was no ants in my place... Until my MIL "borrowed" it... I now have 2 family pet species... One slow moving, the other faster cousin.... wait till I have time... I go get another to chase them out of my house.

Cheers!

Actually speaking you should disinfect your pitcher cos ants love food rather than look for water. If your family ants still go for your pitcher, it means that their pheromones are still attached to the pitcher = not washed pitcher.

Off topic here, I recently bought a ultra high frequency pest management device... Was EXTREMELY skeptical... but guess what... when i kept it on... there was no ants in my place... Until my MIL "borrowed" it... I now have 2 family pet species... One slow moving, the other faster cousin.... wait till I have time... I go get another to chase them out of my house.

Cheers!

i was also exploring the high frequency pest mgt device you mentioned. it's suppose to drive away cockroaches as well, and does it? i was and still am extremely skeptical about the product claims. if it really prevents cockroaches from coming, then i might buy it.

Anyone care to comment any real benefit from drinking alkaline/ionized water?

Hi Beluga,

There are a multitude of benefits of drinking alkaline ionized water. Remember Alkaline water is not equal to ionized water BUT ionized water is definately alkaline. Sounds weird? not really...

1) Ionized water is required to undergo whats called a partial electrolysis which breaks up water clusters and minerals into ionic forms. One side of this will form OH- that attracts +ve minerals such as Ca2+etc. This water now becomes alkaline antioxidant water. And since its void of acidic minerals which comes out of the other side of the system, u get high alkaline levels.

2) Alkaline water.... now simply add anyting from baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to calcium carbonates, the water becomes alkaline... BUT it ionic in nature. The alkalinity is in a compound form. which means 2 things

A) Its usless until being broken up into ionic forms

B) Its mildly alkaline for the fact that acidic minerals are STILL inside the water (since the acidic minerals are NEVER removed in the 1st place)

Now back to benefits,

Water ionizers are classified as medical equipments in both Japan and Korea as there have been laboratory tests and clinical trials (human subjects) done to verify the ability of alkaline ionized water. Treatments using alkaline water is directed to what medical practioners call the gastrointestial area. Namely gastric, acid reflux indigestion etc.

I have mentioned my own benefits of alkaline ionized drinking and well as my parents and wife.

Myself = stamina / energy level

parents = gastric issues gone

wife = indigestion / gastic gone.

hope that helps.

Cheers!

Hi Beluga,

There are a multitude of benefits of drinking alkaline ionized water. Remember Alkaline water is not equal to ionized water BUT ionized water is definately alkaline. Sounds weird? not really...

1) Ionized water is required to undergo whats called a partial electrolysis which breaks up water clusters and minerals into ionic forms. One side of this will form OH- that attracts +ve minerals such as Ca2+etc. This water now becomes alkaline antioxidant water. And since its void of acidic minerals which comes out of the other side of the system, u get high alkaline levels.

2) Alkaline water.... now simply add anyting from baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to calcium carbonates, the water becomes alkaline... BUT it ionic in nature. The alkalinity is in a compound form. which means 2 things

A) Its usless until being broken up into ionic forms

B) Its mildly alkaline for the fact that acidic minerals are STILL inside the water (since the acidic minerals are NEVER removed in the 1st place)

Now back to benefits,

Water ionizers are classified as medical equipments in both Japan and Korea as there have been laboratory tests and clinical trials (human subjects) done to verify the ability of alkaline ionized water. Treatments using alkaline water is directed to what medical practioners call the gastrointestial area. Namely gastric, acid reflux indigestion etc.

I have mentioned my own benefits of alkaline ionized drinking and well as my parents and wife.

Myself = stamina / energy level

parents = gastric issues gone

wife = indigestion / gastic gone.

hope that helps.

Cheers!

Thanks gkbt for the lengthy explanation!

So in other words, just alkaline alone is not beneficial?

i was also exploring the high frequency pest mgt device you mentioned. it's suppose to drive away cockroaches as well, and does it? i was and still am extremely skeptical about the product claims. if it really prevents cockroaches from coming, then i might buy it.

It seems to work previously. Will get another to confirm the truth... Stay tuned :)

Thanks gkbt for the lengthy explanation!

So in other words, just alkaline alone is not beneficial?

Quite right.

Alkaline is only part of the equation for better health. But what kind of alkaline you are putting into your body is EXTREMELY different.

I believe I mentioned it somewhere in this forum, but since I have some time to kill before the next meeting, here is a summary.

1) Chemical alkaline = caustic soda (bleach) aka sodium hydroxide , sodium hypochloride etc (kills living creatures such as bugs and humans)

2) Mineral alkaline = Calcium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate etc (Natural compounds but needs to be broken down into ionic minerals to be any use to the body)

3) Ionic alkaline = Ca2+, Na2+, Mg+, K+ (instant usage by the body as the body does not need to break down any mineral compound)

Other benefits such as antioxidant and microclustering are available in water ionizers as well and can be visually seen or tested. Its a combination of alkalinity + ability to absorb into the body + antioxidants that will help balance our overly loopsided acidic diet and lifestyles.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Hi gkpt, please kill somemore time.

Q: Can the filter be washed. Normally, it requires to be changed about 6months of use right?

I find that the cost of the filter makes drinking better water more expensive.

Hi anyone knows the latest price for Marvello right now? Any special discount?

Hi divine,

Go visit their website at www.kemptrading.com

The pricing and possibly promotions should be there

Cheers

Hi gkpt, please kill somemore time.

Q: Can the filter be washed. Normally, it requires to be changed about 6months of use right?

I find that the cost of the filter makes drinking better water more expensive.

Lol snappy,

The filter from Kemp need no washing, saves time n effort. Changing of the 0.01m filter is roughly 1 year or 6000L (12000L for restaurant)

So far filters from Kemp are very affordable if u compared it against other competitors or filter companies. A simple check shows that for a 0.01m at $150 is cheap compared to market standards (around $200 - 250). Go deeper by dividing how much u pay per liter and be surprised.

Moreover alkaline ionized water which is good for our bodies as indicated and endorsed by japan and Korean governmental agencies.

Hope that helps!

Hi gkbt,

After reading the post, I am interested in JUPITER ALPHION. But came across some articles on KANGEN and CHANSON.

Which is better? Thanks.

Edited by darksailor

Hi gkbt,

After reading the post, I am interested in JUPITER ALPHION. But came across some articles on KANGEN and CHANSON.

Which is better? Thanks.

Hi Dark,

I can’t say which is better or worse, it wont be fair. However there is a few difference to make your choice better.

Kangen

Made in Japan,

Sold under MLM costing somewhere around S$4000 - S$5000

Look prehistoric (ancient) imho but some others might like it.

Filter price not known.. but dun think it 0.01M like I would like it to be

(Kagen is synonymous with alkaline water so everything that says Kagen does not refer to them but alkaline water in general)

Chanson

Made in Taiwan (Not classified as medical device as Taiwan government does not recognize it as such, therefore no auditing by governmental agencies like Japan or Korea)

Sold direct costing high S$1k+ - S$2k+

Looks modern, but internal filter is really small and as such requires an External filter to help it out. = bulky + extra cost

Filter price not known.. but dun think it 0.01M like I would like it to be

Another thing you would like to compare is the service support that you might get here in Singapore. So ya, think about it.

Hope the above helps,

Cheers!