Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi gkbt, thks for sharing yr knowledge/experience with water filters.

I wud like to seek yr opinion on panasonic water filter?

Thks ....

Hi Leolopolisa,

There are quite a few types of panasonic filters, most of them are 0.01M which is what I would use. For alkaline water ionziers though, I find the number of plates to be too low 3 plates to be exact for the less that $1K system. The 5 plate system would be $2288 if I am not mistaken.

overall if its filtration you are looking for, panasonic wont fail you, as for alkaline water ionizers... that would be for you to compare in even greater depth.

Cheers!

Hi gkbt,

How does alkaline water taste like when it first consume?

As we are so used to normal tap water.

Thanks.

lol

if alkaline ionized water tasted like soap, I wouldn't have drank it :)

Generally, alkaline ionized water taste like well... water!

cheers!

Hi Dark,

I can’t say which is better or worse, it wont be fair. However there is a few difference to make your choice better.

Kangen

Made in Japan,

Sold under MLM costing somewhere around S$4000 - S$5000

Look prehistoric (ancient) imho but some others might like it.

Filter price not known.. but dun think it 0.01M like I would like it to be

(Kagen is synonymous with alkaline water so everything that says Kagen does not refer to them but alkaline water in general)

Chanson

Made in Taiwan (Not classified as medical device as Taiwan government does not recognize it as such, therefore no auditing by governmental agencies like Japan or Korea)

Sold direct costing high S$1k+ - S$2k+

Looks modern, but internal filter is really small and as such requires an External filter to help it out. = bulky + extra cost

Filter price not known.. but dun think it 0.01M like I would like it to be

Another thing you would like to compare is the service support that you might get here in Singapore. So ya, think about it.

Hope the above helps,

Cheers!

Hi gkbt,

I'm just get to know about Alkaline water recently. What are the pro and con between Novitas and Kemptrading (Vesta) ones?

Confuse which to get better.

TIA

Hi gkbt,

I'm just get to know about Alkaline water recently. What are the pro and con between Novitas and Kemptrading (Vesta) ones?

Confuse which to get better.

TIA

HI,

I wont say pro and con.. its not fair to compare like this, moreover I am using Kemptrading's system so could be a wee bit bias. However what I will do is to make it simple to compare to understand it easily.

Novita www.novita.com.sg

1) 3 different models pricing from S$2188, $2388 and $2588 (all table top)

2) All systems are 5 plates (all solid - standard technology)

3) filters used are 0.1M OR 0.01M pricing is S$100+ 0.1M and S$200+ (filter life is only 3600L per filter)as mentioned in previous post

KempTrading www.kemptrading.com

1) Many models (Vesta range is the latest in the market) Jupiter range is the most popular currently. prices from S$1388 - S$2888

2) They have 5 / 7 / 9 plates (solid and mesh varities - mesh latest technology)

3) Filters pricing are 0.01M S$150.

To add, water ioinzers need maintence, so the company u purchase needs to have an established track record.

Hope that it helps

Cheers!

I got 1 of this unit from this place. That's a Value for money alkaline water filter from Korea, they selling $350 only.

www.alkalinewater-singapore.com

Since I have some time to kill waiting for my wife massage to be done, I have checked the system and its purported ability.

All the talk about the benefits below should be addressed by the person who posted it and below are my personal views

1) Alkalinity - This is highly disputed on the range 8 - 10. Generally water with incorporated minerals do not cross the pH 9 mark. Another thing is that the filter AFTER a few months will drop in alkalinity drastically as minerals are leeched out of the filters that provide it to begin with. To test it simply us a pH meter to see if its still alkaline. In experience, nothing more than 6mths to go back to neutral.

2) Antioxidants – Again there is no indication how strong the anti-oxidant the water produced will be. The more -ve the ORP the better. A meter will provide a more accurate result rather than just written words. Again minerals are involved in making the water anti-oxidant but the more its used the lesser its gets.

3) Mineralized with trace minerals people need - we need minerals for bodily functions, however the minerals needs to be ionizer (charged) to be absorbed into the body. A mineral compound needs to be broken down to ions to be absorbed.

4) Smaller molecular clusters for better cell absorption - Here should be said of water clusters not molecules. H20 is H20, however the number of H20 to form a drop of water plays a big deal in how fast the body absorb it. Again this is measurable, but unfortunately it does not indicate.

5) Clean, safe, tasty water – Filters plays a BIG role in filtering unwanted stuff out of the water source. However, its how FINE the filter that will remove how small a particle / bacteria etc. Here I see the smallest particle size filter to be ceramic which is 0.2M (nothing to shout about)

Overall with this kind of cost and not to mention the recurring cost to change the 4 filter yearly, I would not think it economically. Its neither an ionizer nor does it have a ultra fine filtration capability, unless you are involve in the MLM business plan.

Hope the above helps.

I visited Kemp Trading at International Plaza last Saturday... decided on 2 models but now headache dont know want to choose which one.

Vesta GL-988 and Jupiter Delphi, both at $2888 but Vesta has 9 electroplates while only 5 in Delphi.

I like the cool tap in Delphi while my wife likes the 9 electroplates in Vesta.

For the Vesta... it will have to mount on the wall, need plumber to run a separate water pipe with valve conceal in the top cabinet. The acidic water container is place beside.

As for Delphi... my lower cabinet are all Blum drawer units, the undersink unit can place together with the sink drainage but the container for acidic water must be put in the sink.

I visited Kemp Trading at International Plaza last Saturday... decided on 2 models but now headache dont know want to choose which one.

Vesta GL-988 and Jupiter Delphi, both at $2888 but Vesta has 9 electroplates while only 5 in Delphi.

I like the cool tap in Delphi while my wife likes the 9 electroplates in Vesta.

For the Vesta... it will have to mount on the wall, need plumber to run a separate water pipe with valve conceal in the top cabinet. The acidic water container is place beside.

As for Delphi... my lower cabinet are all Blum drawer units, the undersink unit can place together with the sink drainage but the container for acidic water must be put in the sink.

Why not ask them to bring both systems to your place to see how it fits? I think they should be able to do just that.

Personally the MOH (minister of home affairs) is the one you should please.... you should know better lol

Cheers!

Why not ask them to bring both systems to your place to see how it fits? I think they should be able to do just that.

Personally the MOH (minister of home affairs) is the one you should please.... you should know better lol

Cheers!

I ordered a big single bowl sink yesterday (800 X 500) with space on right for mixer tap and left for Jupiter Delphi tap.

Hi gkbt, I called Kemp Trading and was recommending to get the Alphion. The price difference is $200 higher than the new Mavello but I think the Mavello serves well already. Any information to share about the Alphion?

I ordered a big single bowl sink yesterday (800 X 500) with space on right for mixer tap and left for Jupiter Delphi tap.

Sound great.. Mixer tap should be shower head type. So u can reach to the other side when washing stuff..

Cheers

Hi gkbt, I called Kemp Trading and was recommending to get the Alphion. The price difference is $200 higher than the new Mavello but I think the Mavello serves well already. Any information to share about the Alphion?

Used the mavello b4... No bells n whistles, it just simply gets the job done, the new generation mavello water quality output is similar to the alphion. The Alphion is another matter, its looks are meant for people who appreciate design while the technology inside it is for people who like advance technologies.

However advance technologies comes with greater responsibility, you can't treat the alphion like a work horse, it's more delicate compared to the mavello.

Hope those 2 cents helps

Welcome to the water ionizer family!

Cheers!

Sound great.. Mixer tap should be shower head type. So u can reach to the other side when washing stuff..

Cheers

Thanks. I ordered the pull out shower head type of mixer tap cos new place bathroom is small so intend to bath my dog in the kitchen sink. :P

Used the mavello b4... No bells n whistles, it just simply gets the job done, the new generation mavello water quality output is similar to the alphion. The Alphion is another matter, its looks are meant for people who appreciate design while the technology inside it is for people who like advance technologies.

However advance technologies comes with greater responsibility, you can't treat the alphion like a work horse, it's more delicate compared to the mavello.

Hope those 2 cents helps

Welcome to the water ionizer family!

Cheers!

Ordered the new generation marvello after comparing the difference!

gkbt, what brand of water ionizer are you using now?