Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've been following this thread for a while now, and had planned my new kitchen to accept the Jupiter Delphi undersink system, away from the sink at a beverage corner. Got kemptrading to do a site survey today, and the guy honestly cautioned me about not having a sink/drain, as it was frequently reported that the electronic faucet leaks and need replacement of the solenoid valve. Guy said almost all of his clients needed this repair/replacement, although some sooner than others. He even shared horror stories of those who realize the leak hours or even days later having gone overseas, to find the cabinetry totally damaged.

I'm totally convinced of the health benefits and was also completely enticed by the product's neatness and sleekness. That said, the above coming from a technician does make me hesitate. I'd have planned for a drainage if I knew earlier, but it's too late now cos all the cabinets are up. So can I have some opinions and feedback of people using the Delphi? Or is this guy just exaggerating, for reasons I cannot imagine. Maybe he's too tired to install another house haha...

Appreciate your frank comments, Thks.

I'm using Jupiter Delphi for about 4 months now and everything is ok. Kemp Trading gave a tupperware to keep acidic water but we find it too small, we bought 2 big red pails for acidic water instead.

I've been following this thread for a while now, and had planned my new kitchen to accept the Jupiter Delphi undersink system, away from the sink at a beverage corner. Got kemptrading to do a site survey today, and the guy honestly cautioned me about not having a sink/drain, as it was frequently reported that the electronic faucet leaks and need replacement of the solenoid valve. Guy said almost all of his clients needed this repair/replacement, although some sooner than others. He even shared horror stories of those who realize the leak hours or even days later having gone overseas, to find the cabinetry totally damaged.

I'm totally convinced of the health benefits and was also completely enticed by the product's neatness and sleekness. That said, the above coming from a technician does make me hesitate. I'd have planned for a drainage if I knew earlier, but it's too late now cos all the cabinets are up. So can I have some opinions and feedback of people using the Delphi? Or is this guy just exaggerating, for reasons I cannot imagine. Maybe he's too tired to install another house haha...

Appreciate your frank comments, Thks.

Hi Ncheewee,

Nice that you are considering the Delphi system. To be honest there are pros and cons for every ionizer, so the things going for the delphi are pretty amazing while the cons are also due to the valves that create those amazing features. I guess this is what technology is all about, which have a slighltly higher maintenance cost compared to those older less technology systems thus = lesser maintenance.

About those horror stories... I do give them a pinch of salt especially if you are having the delphi... both water points (alkaline and acid) should be entering the sink so there should not be any "opps". But based on your comments on having it at the beverage counter, to be on the super safe side... switch off the power at night to make sure there is no leakage.

Cheers!

Now Kemp Trading have brought in Vesta. Any thoughts about this? Seems to be better than Jupiter? Worth the price increase?

Have a look at these websites from overseas on the Vesta.

http://www.ionways.com/products_vesta.aspx

Below is distributor in the US who I believe is neutral on the comparison of other brands unless its really really bad. I have been visitng her site for a while now and I find her topics very interesting and full of info for the average person.

http://alkalinewaterplus.info/blog/tag/samsung-vesta/

Cheers!

I'm actually considering getting a water ioniser for my new place. Since I'm a noob in this, was hoping if you guys can help me with the questions i have here. I'm planning to go down to Kemp this weekend to take a look.

1. Can anyone share pictures of how a countertop unit would look like on the kitchen countertop ?

2. For a countertop unit, where does the acidic water discharge go to ? Do I have to specially create a "hole" somewhere on my countertop for that ?

3. I'm assuming countertop vs undersink - functionally similar, just from a looks perspective ?

4. Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the difference between Mavello and Jupiter ? Only the technologies in use ? Cos the Jupiter Venus and Mavello models are very similar in price. I'm guessing the filter replacement cost is the same ?

Actually, the Jupiter units are more swee :D but the Mavello units are more affordable...

Thx !

Dear RenoTalk members,

I would like to post this warning for fellow RenoTalk members. Mr gkbt has been using the RenoTalk forum in direct violation of the term of use to promote his sales and for commercial purpose. Mr Gary Koh is a related family member of the owner, and the primary sales rep at Kemp Trading Pte Ltd (where the abbrev. gkbt comes from!?). Mr gkbt has disguised for years as neutral, persuasive fellow members and has numerous postings promoting his products and visciously attacked products and services from other firms. Please be warned of such unethical and unprofessional conduct of gkbt.

Get opinions from real water ionizer users, do research, and speak to professional sales consultants for good decision. Thank you.

Kenneth Wong

Managing Director

H2O Life Source (SEA) Pte Ltd

So what you doing here is ethical and professional conduct?

You claimed gkbt attack products and services from other firms, can you kindly quote some for us to see and let us judge by ourselves?

You too can start to login as a concerning member with enough knowledge to advice us on the real water ionizer instead of coming here to do sneaky attack on our contributing member.

Dear RenoTalk members,

I would like to post this warning for fellow RenoTalk members. Mr gkbt has been using the RenoTalk forum in direct violation of the term of use to promote his sales and for commercial purpose. Mr Gary Koh is a related family member of the owner, and the primary sales rep at Kemp Trading Pte Ltd (where the abbrev. gkbt comes from!?). Mr gkbt has disguised for years as neutral, persuasive fellow members and has numerous postings promoting his products and visciously attacked products and services from other firms. Please be warned of such unethical and unprofessional conduct of gkbt.

Get opinions from real water ionizer users, do research, and speak to professional sales consultants for good decision. Thank you.

Kenneth Wong

Managing Director

H2O Life Source (SEA) Pte Ltd

I think you need to be more constructive than that. Logically, why should I believe you over gkbt ? Ultimately, everyone makes an informed choice.

I can't speak for anyone else, but honestly, your posting doesn't give me a good impression of your company either.

My my my my.... What a few weeks of inactivity makes,

Either I am doing something right or something wrong to warrant such attention.

All the post so far I have made are directly helping forum people select a good water filter system or water ionizer. When I raise doubts about some companies, it is genuinely to help both consumer and seller to

1) Do more research work online so as to make an informed decision

2) Provide detail information that's lacking - Customer has EVERY right to know before buying....

I am 1st a user of water ionizers and what I shared are based on my experiences with such a system as well as knowledge from my education and work in the life sciences industry.

Based on the time I joined renotalk forum until now, it's been 4 years. During this time I got married, had my beautiful kids, shifted my home and changed my job.

But what has not changed is the quest for buying things with FULL disclosure so we fellow forumers will never be short changed by ANY PROVIDER and this is what renotalk is all about.

Iike a lot of members here in the forum, we do not reveal our true identity as we value privacy. But one thing is for certain, I AM NO WAY RELATED TO THE OWNER and I do not attack other peoples product.

Now with that aside, let's welcome Mr. Kenneth Wong to the forum and if there are queries on His water ionizer please feel free to ask away, cos I am not the "expert" of his product.

Hopefully he is here to stay and shed light on water ionizers as well rather than just flaming me.

Btw thanks dragonnite n taichipanda for the moral fairness in your postings.... Now if admin can do something about those postings.....

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!

I'm actually considering getting a water ioniser for my new place. Since I'm a noob in this, was hoping if you guys can help me with the questions i have here. I'm planning to go down to Kemp this weekend to take a look.

1. Can anyone share pictures of how a countertop unit would look like on the kitchen countertop ?

2. For a countertop unit, where does the acidic water discharge go to ? Do I have to specially create a "hole" somewhere on my countertop for that ?

3. I'm assuming countertop vs undersink - functionally similar, just from a looks perspective ?

4. Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the difference between Mavello and Jupiter ? Only the technologies in use ? Cos the Jupiter Venus and Mavello models are very similar in price. I'm guessing the filter replacement cost is the same ?

Actually, the Jupiter units are more swee :D but the Mavello units are more affordable...

Thx !

I think I managed to answer my own questions, so just to share with the rest. I was looking at the Mavello unit.

1. Best way is to go down to the showroom to look. I realised that the countertop unit is simply that - sits on the countertop and doesn't have to be fixed in place unless you really want to, contrary to what I expected. So you can move it around if you like, but there's a requirement for an additional tap on your countertop to directly pipe the water into the unit. Either that or install a kinda "switch" to your kitchen tap but that constrains the choice of your kitchen tap.

2. Acidic water disharges via a tube out the back of the countertop unit. You can collect the water into whatever receptacle you like.

3. Yes, but different models have different advantages and technologies.

However, I did not manage to get a full complete answer on point 4. Anyone comment on that ?

Thanks to dragonnite n taichipanda's invitation to participate and share inputs. Myself and perhaps one of our competent technical staff would be most glad to join the forum and contribute. I beg your pardon if I had sounded offensive to you in any ways. To improve accountability, identity should not be hidden, and we shall address technical questions as far as possible. The showrooms and distributors can take care of the commercial matters

Now back to dragonnite's questions:

1. There are two typical configurations:

(a) connection to the tap/faucet. Connecting through the tap/faucet is easy, but less preferred by most clients. This is because it is often to have users at home using tap/faucet and water ionizer at the same time.

(b) connection to under-the-sink. This requires a trained installer to make a tiny opening (size of 5 cent coin) on the counter/ cabinet to access water supply under the sink. However, once completed, this is very elegant. The water ionizer as well as the tap can be freely used. All new models like the KYK, Kangen and Jupiter all has this one-touch feature. Marvello does not operate with one-touch, I recall.

3. & 4. Different models have different advantages and technologies.

Why? this is because different models has different platinum plate size, power and plate design, amongst other important considerations like design and user-friendliness. It is rather typical for ionization plate with larger total surface area, higher power and proprietary plate design to have superior performance and thus higher in price.

www.WaterIonizerAuthority.com compares the plate size and power of various brands and models. Those available in Singapore are KYK, Jupiter and Enagic (Kangen). Marvello is not listed there. http://www.waterioni...size-and-power.

Compare the brands.com also answer your question. http://www.compareth...com/compare/128

Regardless of the brands, water ionizer is one of the best investment for the health of the entire family. The most effective and convenient way for daily supply of antioxidants for the whole family at the lowest cost, less than 6-9 cent per litre (many brands/models). I look forward to business growth for all the brands with healthy competition.

At this point, it is best to defer to other forum members to share their experiences. The following RenoTalk members, amongst others, shared genuine third party views:

http://www.renotalk....ndpost&p=469865

http://www.renotalk....ndpost&p=469361

I also just came across this one:

http://ieatishootipo...lay&thread=1810

[remove by therat, MOD

(a) Post Advertising & Promotional Contents

All posts, account names and signatures containing advertising, soliciting and promotion contents in nature are not allowed in all of RenoTalk's forums except under Industry Panel.]

Happy National Day.

Thank you.

Thx !

Hi dragonnite,

Apologies for totally forgetting your queries,

Below are your answers as requested.

1) My parents are using the Mavello system, picture wise I guess you would need to go down to see it 1st hand

2) The acidic discharge goes to a container which depends on your choice of preference. My parents had them collected below the sink while my inlaws have them collected beside the system.

3) Generally under sinks are rare to come by and therefore extremely expensive. The looks department are a plus but is it really necessary? Only you will know, I got mine under sink because of space issue at the top.

4) Mavello is a model while Jupiter is a brand with 13 different models including Mavello produced by Emco Tech Co Ltd http://www.royalwater.com/main.htm which has one of the longest history in water ionizer manufacturing. (over 40 years old with 30 years plus in water ionizer production) technology are incorporated in different system as as such the price would vary. Venus boast of a high tech look but with solid plate. The Mavello have since been upgraded to mesh electrodes that are used in upper end systems. The Mavello is a product from Japan clearly stated in my parents system as well as my inlaws machines. But since it's inside emco tech website then they must have done some streamlining of sorts in the Japanese factory and Korean factories. filter wise they are the same.

As I am a user of the Jupiter system, I can only advice you thus far, as you would rightly pointed out eventually everyone will make a informed decision and not be swayed by sales pitches. I would suggest that you head down and hear it from them directly. The more you search online the more confusion you might be due to lots of "reviews" that are actually not reviews. In fact there are tonnes of them out there including Jupiter, unfortunately no ones escapes such "reviews"

I have however came across 1 that is super fair in its appraisal on most brands available in the US market trust me, even the new vesta by emco tech / samsung took some flak. Why? Because she shows you her video on the testing of the various brands than just mere talk. Even though the test are home based, it's a correct assesment. This lady take things pretty serious and is super active in her blog.

Do drop me a note if you need that info, no point posting something and getting flamed.

Cheers!

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, so you're saying that the Jupiter and Mavello use the same filters, i.e. filter replacement cost is the same, assuming we're talking about the 5 plate system ?

The lady I spoke to in Kemp told me the Jupiter appeals to people who like electronics more :huh: but I didn't have time to ask further.

So that means, all else being equal, the Jupiter and Mavello from a similar price range (both around $1688, $100 difference between them, I think) are probably functionally the same ?

:~ die...how to pick ? :rofl:

Yep, I'm interested in the info, will drop you a pm to get the details, although I don't see why posting a 3rd party website for info here would get you flamed. :dunno:

Thx !

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, so you're saying that the Jupiter and Mavello use the same filters, i.e. filter replacement cost is the same, assuming we're talking about the 5 plate system ?

The lady I spoke to in Kemp told me the Jupiter appeals to people who like electronics more :huh: but I didn't have time to ask further.

So that means, all else being equal, the Jupiter and Mavello from a similar price range (both around $1688, $100 difference between them, I think) are probably functionally the same ?

:~ die...how to pick ? :rofl:

Yep, I'm interested in the info, will drop you a pm to get the details, although I don't see why posting a 3rd party website for info here would get you flamed. :dunno:

Thx !

Hi Dragonnite,

Mavello is pretty decent due to its long history, it's latest upgrade was the mesh technology, but what drew me to Jupiter was the technology that made it high tech. Replacements are same throughout. Price differences are $200 not 100. My suggestion is to request them to bring both... :good:

Info sent to you already... Reason why I dun want to post it here is because it will most certainly lead to a backlash when results are not what they like hear. :curse:

Cheers.

Hi All,

May I know where I can find the cleansui tap adaptor (CL540)?

My brother gifted me a cleansui faucet water filter MD101 (japanese market version), they don't include the adaptor above.

CL540.jpg

adaptor look like this.

Anyone got spare?

thanks a lot

Edited by keepsimple

Hi All,

May I know where I can find the cleansui tap adaptor (CL540)?

My brother gifted me a cleansui faucet water filter MD101 (japanese market version), they don't include the adaptor above.

CL540.jpg

adaptor look like this.

Anyone got spare?

thanks a lot

Hi keepsimple,

Cleansui is supplied by btbtrading. You can try contacting them at 9125 1984. Goobi had an under sink system from them so that's where the number came from.

I am not sure if the adaptor will work cos what I am suspecting is that your tap head is not of a standard size leading to the problem.

The top pic looks like a washing machine joint like mine.

Cheers!