Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Hi keepsimple,

Cleansui is supplied by btbtrading. You can try contacting them at 9125 1984. Goobi had an under sink system from them so that's where the number came from.

I am not sure if the adaptor will work cos what I am suspecting is that your tap head is not of a standard size leading to the problem.

The top pic looks like a washing machine joint like mine.

Cheers!

hi gkbt,

Thank you for the reply.

I have since contact btbtrading. Yes, unfortunately, my kitchen tap is not of a standard size.

Thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi GKBT,

I have a quick question.

My dad had been using Elken Bio Pure system for about 4 years now. I also understand it is a product from Malaysia. Went to have a look, saw that its a top MLM company.

Hence, quick skeptical on getting Elken. I had shortlisted two :

1. Puricare

2. Novita

Both for hot and cold water dispensing with filtering effect.

Can I hear from you, your advice how these two products are in terms of cons?

Thanks.

Hi GKBT,

I have a quick question.

My dad had been using Elken Bio Pure system for about 4 years now. I also understand it is a product from Malaysia. Went to have a look, saw that its a top MLM company.

Hence, quick skeptical on getting Elken. I had shortlisted two :

1. Puricare

2. Novita

Both for hot and cold water dispensing with filtering effect.

Can I hear from you, your advice how these two products are in terms of cons?

Thanks.

Hi Dash2627

Elken is indeed a MLM company based in Malaysia, their systems are basically R.O (reverse osmosis)

From your shortlist, this question is not at all quick lol... I have done some read up and here is my take on both brands

1. Puricare

They offer a wide range of water treatment products. There are a few Hot / Cold models (assuming you are interested in table top units only) such as WPU-8201C, pc-868, FW-520S and HF-7000. Of these units go for the ultra fine filtration which should be at 0.01M (FW-520 or pc-868)

2. Novita

There is only one tabletop from the website NP-9912, they use a 0.01M filtration with UV as well.

I personally do not think alkalinity should be involved in such a system and there are a few reasons

1. Its not giving you ionized minerals which mean your body need to do more work.

2. There will not be much anti-oxidant or microclusters compared to an ionizer system.

3. the cost of replacement of such filters will be very costly as well.

As such I would recommend you look closer at puricare ultrafine hot / cold systems such as the (FW-520 or PC-868). The cost of the system + electricity will be a factor as well to decide.

Just a query, why do you need hot / cold water instantly?

Cheers

Hi GKBT,

Thanks for your insight. I shared some of the same thoughts as you as I read through page 1-8 of this topic with reference to your post and almost commit on Novita until I read about Puricare. With your personal advise, I think I know which I will go with. Had already gun down my dad's view on Elken and he has surrended to the fact of a MLM product.

The reason to have the need for the hot and cold is due to a couple of factor :

1. Instant warm water for making baby milk

2. Parent's staying with us, hence they wanted to have instant hot water and not having the need to boil water

3. Kid will drink more water because kid told me with the table top, it tempts him to fill his cup to the fullest and he will drink at least 8 cups a day.

4. As for cold water, my fridge do have a water dispenser but we need to fill it up everytime it is empty, and we hardly wash the water container in the fridge.

Since we are having a GO for the hot and cold table top, I just want to make sure that a proper filter will be in place to make sure water are treated correctly before it goes through the table top. My main concern will be not to filter off too much of the essential minerals that our body still need.

Hi Dash2627

Elken is indeed a MLM company based in Malaysia, their systems are basically R.O (reverse osmosis)

From your shortlist, this question is not at all quick lol... I have done some read up and here is my take on both brands

1. Puricare

They offer a wide range of water treatment products. There are a few Hot / Cold models (assuming you are interested in table top units only) such as WPU-8201C, pc-868, FW-520S and HF-7000. Of these units go for the ultra fine filtration which should be at 0.01M (FW-520 or pc-868)

2. Novita

There is only one tabletop from the website NP-9912, they use a 0.01M filtration with UV as well.

I personally do not think alkalinity should be involved in such a system and there are a few reasons

1. Its not giving you ionized minerals which mean your body need to do more work.

2. There will not be much anti-oxidant or microclusters compared to an ionizer system.

3. the cost of replacement of such filters will be very costly as well.

As such I would recommend you look closer at puricare ultrafine hot / cold systems such as the (FW-520 or PC-868). The cost of the system + electricity will be a factor as well to decide.

Just a query, why do you need hot / cold water instantly?

Cheers

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a water ionizer and i have been searching through a lot of websites and it didn't help much. Read up that they always promote the brand they are selling, which i find true in most cases. So anyway, i have read most of this forum, and it took a while, skipped through some pages because. Anyway, gkbt, could you please advise me on which ionizer i should buy? you seem like quite the water ionizer guru. Right now, i have 4 options in mind,

1)Jupiter Athena

2)Samusung Vesta

3)KYK 3000

4)Tyent 9090 turbo

could you give me some insights as to which to buy if money is not too big of an issue? Thanks so much! (:

Edited by thesmarts

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a water ionizer and i have been searching through a lot of websites and it didn't help much. Read up that they always promote the brand they are selling, which i find true in most cases. So anyway, i have read most of this forum, and it took a while, skipped through some pages because. Anyway, gkbt, could you please advise me on which ionizer i should buy? you seem like quite the water ionizer guru. Right now, i have 4 options in mind,

1)Jupiter Athena

2)Samusung Vesta

3)KYK 3000

4)Tyent 9090 turbo

could you give me some insights as to which to buy if money is not too big of an issue? Thanks so much! (:

Hi thesmarts,

I don’t think saying which is better is ethical. But I will put them side by side and you can decide yourself which is better. If you have read my posting you would know which system I am using, but most people would know when I post something its objective and questions asked will be same as what another consumer will ask as well.

1) Jupiter Athena,

By Kemp Trading

5 plate mesh technology.

Twin filter technology (standard and 0.01M filtration)

Cost of filters $130 and $150

Filtration capacity 6000L

Cost of system $2388 exclude gst

Company 24 years in Singapore currently

Local awards and local certs

Factory 35 years history in Korea with no. 1 market share in Korea (statistics from KFDA)

International awards and certs

2)Samusung Vesta

By Kemp Trading

7 or 9 plate technology

Twin filter technology (standard and 0.01M filtration)

Cost of filters $130 and $150

Filtration capacity 6000L

Cost of system $2500 (7 plate) / $2888(9 plate) exclude gst

Company 24 years in Singapore currently

Local awards local certs

Factory 35 years history in Korea with no. 1 market share in Korea (statistics from KFDA)

3)KYK 30000

By H20Lifesource

There is no 3000 but rather 30000. Below is the spec I have gathered from the web. Another note is that the 30000 is being superseded by the Gen II system in the international market. Any discrepancy please check with Mr. Wong.

7 plate system

Twin filter technology (2 standard filtration 0.1M)

Cost filter approx $145 per filter

Filter capacity 6000L and 9000L

Cost of system $2899 exclude gst

Company about 4 years plus in Singapore

local certs

Factory 8 year history in Korea, Korea No. 1 as advertised by H20lifesource (Have not seen any data backing it though)

4)Tyent 9090 turbo (Also known as watersource system here in Singapore)

By Evergreen Stationary's subsidiary watersource

9 plate system

Twin filter technology (2 standard filtration 0.1M)

Cost $250 self collect

Filter capacity 6000L

Cost of system $2888 gst waived

Company about 3 years in Singapore

Subsidiary Local awards and local and certs

Company 17 years history in Korea (advertised as best seller in USA not sure about data though)

This is as unbiased as I can get. Do look into the website and visit the stores to understand them better, the more you know the better your final choice.

Cheers!

Thanks so very much gkbt! This has helped so much. I should have done an excel spread sheet myself to compare them side by side. Shall do this with the information you have provided.

And yes. I shall go to the stores to check out the water ionizers next week. Gotta go to the comex tomorrow for some shopping. Haha. Can't wait to start drinking alkaline water. And I'd like to thank you again gkbt (:

Hi GKBT,

Thanks for your insight. I shared some of the same thoughts as you as I read through page 1-8 of this topic with reference to your post and almost commit on Novita until I read about Puricare. With your personal advise, I think I know which I will go with. Had already gun down my dad's view on Elken and he has surrended to the fact of a MLM product.

The reason to have the need for the hot and cold is due to a couple of factor :

1. Instant warm water for making baby milk

2. Parent's staying with us, hence they wanted to have instant hot water and not having the need to boil water

3. Kid will drink more water because kid told me with the table top, it tempts him to fill his cup to the fullest and he will drink at least 8 cups a day.

4. As for cold water, my fridge do have a water dispenser but we need to fill it up everytime it is empty, and we hardly wash the water container in the fridge.

Since we are having a GO for the hot and cold table top, I just want to make sure that a proper filter will be in place to make sure water are treated correctly before it goes through the table top. My main concern will be not to filter off too much of the essential minerals that our body still need.

Hi dash2627,

That's fantastic, don't worry on filtering of essential minerals, normally filters don't do that unless u specifically buy one that can.

I'm just concern about energy cost as nowadays electrical current are expensive.... mine is bordering $300 :bangwall:

Overall it's good that your kid promised to drink more water.... Try telling them school also encourage them drink water so they must drink at home and at school :thumbs up:

Cheers!

Need help from those who installed the system and is collecting the acidic water.

Can you show a photo of how you run the system? I saw the photos from Kemp Trading, doesn't seem to like the way it's being done actually.

I'm trying to avoid keeping it "out of sight" at the under sink cabinet just in case it overflows and I am still clueless about it.

TIA!

Need help from those who installed the system and is collecting the acidic water.

Can you show a photo of how you run the system? I saw the photos from Kemp Trading, doesn't seem to like the way it's being done actually.

I'm trying to avoid keeping it "out of sight" at the under sink cabinet just in case it overflows and I am still clueless about it.

TIA!

Hi potato,

Which system are u thinking of getting? There are quite a few of us using different systems from Kemp, so there are different ways to run the system and collect the acid water.

Cheers

Hi potato,

Which system are u thinking of getting? There are quite a few of us using different systems from Kemp, so there are different ways to run the system and collect the acid water.

Cheers

Actually, i have the same question as potato as my house reno is going to start and i guess if there's a need for more holes on my countertop, i better be mentally prepared. :D

I was planning for the marvello jp101mx then i saw that the jupiter venus is even cheaper, and call me superficial but it's prettier. :P Anyone can tell me which one is better ah ? I think both are 5 plate versions and.... i have a budget constraint...

From what i saw at kemp trading, there are 2 ways of attaching the countertop unit:

- directly to your kitchen tap

- extra tap on your countertop that controls the water flow to the water ioniser

IMO, method 1 is the ugliest, method 2 is the cleanest way on the tabletop but requires an extra tap (anyone knows if this can be any tap or must buy their $100 one ?). What they showed me was the discharge is just by the side of the unit, whether into a pail or something. Ugly, if you asked me. :wacko: The other pictures they showed me weren't that much better.

I just get the impression that somehow, the acid water discharge comes as an afterthought to this whole setup and no one actually spent time thinking about the best way to do this ... :unsure:

Actually, i have the same question as potato as my house reno is going to start and i guess if there's a need for more holes on my countertop, i better be mentally prepared. :D

I was planning for the marvello jp101mx then i saw that the jupiter venus is even cheaper, and call me superficial but it's prettier. :P Anyone can tell me which one is better ah ? I think both are 5 plate versions and.... i have a budget constraint...

From what i saw at kemp trading, there are 2 ways of attaching the countertop unit:

- directly to your kitchen tap

- extra tap on your countertop that controls the water flow to the water ioniser

IMO, method 1 is the ugliest, method 2 is the cleanest way on the tabletop but requires an extra tap (anyone knows if this can be any tap or must buy their $100 one ?). What they showed me was the discharge is just by the side of the unit, whether into a pail or something. Ugly, if you asked me. :wacko: The other pictures they showed me weren't that much better.

I just get the impression that somehow, the acid water discharge comes as an afterthought to this whole setup and no one actually spent time thinking about the best way to do this ... :unsure:

Hi Dragonnite,

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy lately,

Comparing the Venus Vs Mavello, I would say the Mavello is a better deal due to its long history and reliability. My old Mavello broke down once in its entire lifespan of 6 years and that was due to the rubber hardening up because of age. I cant say the same for the Venus as I have not tried it our before.

2ndly the mesh plate technology (Mavello) compared to the solid plate technology (Venus)is able to generate better ionization than the solid plate system.

As for the connection, unfortunately all water ionizer system not just the Mavello needs a acidic water collection point. I would suggest you to plan for the acidic water collection / drainage point in your renovation design as most people already have a existing kitchen to work with not a blank slate like you and me. Some ideas come to mind such as routing the water to a yard, toilet or even to the drainage point for discharge or collection. When there is a blank slate to work with... it so much simpler.

The direct connection cost $100 but the tap is a generic valve which you can source, however the reducer from the machine and to the tap is not so easy to find like I have found out the hard way.

I would suggest checking out with them again and specifically telling them your constraints and needs. I believe there are ways to make the system look nice at your home.

Cheers!

Hi gkbt,

I'm thinking of going for the Jupiter's Alphion JP-109 mainly due to form factor. Visited their showroom and was told both Marvello JP-101MX and the Jupiter's Alphion JP-109, there's not much difference between the 2.

Having a tough time deciding where to collect the acidic water due to the layout of my place. At first I thought of collecting below the kitchen sink but it's like, "Out of sight, out of mind."

So I might just leave it to collect the water on my counter top instead. As I'll be having a glass kitchen backsplash, the unit will not be mounted on the wall.

What I saw from Kemp Trading is that a user just put the system on top of a container and run the pipe down to the container to collect the acidic water. Looks quite ugly IMO.

I will be doing a separate water inlet for the system instead of hooking it up to my kitchen sink's tap as well. prefer the water filter system to run separately from the sink's tap.

Hi gkbt,

I'm very new to this water filter, water ionizer and all the facts are making me see stars after reading the 8 pages.

Basically I just shifted into a few flat since Feb and recently the fb grp member of my hdb project posted the colour of his filter (changed at 3 mths) and I'm very alarmed its brown, like rust. My concern is how much of the brown substance (is it rust?) my 1 yr old son has drank :(

I didn't expect our water quality to be such and on hindsight we fixed a faucet that can spray as well as normal flow so its got a big head and it seems like those fixed on tap is not suitable for me (unless we change the faucet). My friend was telling me she uses the one from KEMP but its got a unit on the table top, I would like to get a simple filter to rid the brown stuff (ionized water is a plus but not a must) may I have your recommendation plse?

Thanks!

Hi gkbt,

I'm thinking of going for the Jupiter's Alphion JP-109 mainly due to form factor. Visited their showroom and was told both Marvello JP-101MX and the Jupiter's Alphion JP-109, there's not much difference between the 2.

Having a tough time deciding where to collect the acidic water due to the layout of my place. At first I thought of collecting below the kitchen sink but it's like, "Out of sight, out of mind."

So I might just leave it to collect the water on my counter top instead. As I'll be having a glass kitchen backsplash, the unit will not be mounted on the wall.

What I saw from Kemp Trading is that a user just put the system on top of a container and run the pipe down to the container to collect the acidic water. Looks quite ugly IMO.

I will be doing a separate water inlet for the system instead of hooking it up to my kitchen sink's tap as well. prefer the water filter system to run separately from the sink's tap.

Hey potat0,

I'm thinking of getting the same Jupiter Alphion unit and will also be collecting the acid water on my countertop. Also planning for a separate water inlet for the system - I happened to speak to Gary and he showed me pictures of how their people will drill holes on the countertop and cap the water inlet, which means there's 1 exposed tubing on the surface for the acid water discharge.

Will be speaking to my ID tomorrow on how best to place this whole setup, and will share what his thoughts are.