Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

problem with water coming out from the taps are two-fold: (1) chlorine (2) rust.

Chlorine is added to obviously kill bacteria.

Rust because of the age-old pipes that carry the water to our homes.

Whatever filter system that you purchase, do ask for proof that it will remove these two problems. Overtime, such continued consumption will be bad for our body.

As I understand it, plates will not remove either. It's like boiling the tap water - the process will not remove chlorine; will not remove rust.

And many of such makes and model are using this technology.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Interesting. I thought those expensive alkaline water range would have a very advanced filter technology to capture both chlorine & rust since these are the basic components that need to be captured?

On a side note, the jupiter Venus seems reasonably priced at S$1500+.

Its true navin,

Proper filters currently are able to remove what Metaltab is saying, these filters are available is all water systems including water ionizers.

The plates are not about filtration but rather ionization which separates the acidic n alkaline minerals in the water apart so thats they are both beneficial in different aspects

Hi

I am using PureH2O which I brought from here.

A reasonable price water filter http://global.shop.com/easystoresg/index.cfm?action=shopping.gpcProduct&prodID=3825451

Dear kkboy,

Thank you for your contribution,

However it seems you are marketing the above filter system via a online shopping platform under Kok Keong Neo

This forum thread is about sharing not marketing.

Cheers

Gkbt

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this. A friend recommended this brand Purivi water system. http://www.puriv.com/Mobile/index.aspx

Has anyone heard of it? It is a water filer (I think ) but yet can provides weak alkaline water. It sounds attractive as it does not requires a separate container to collect acidic water.

Can anyone advise me? TIA!

Dear Dolphy,

Interesting read on the link above.. However there are a few points that might be of interest to you.

1) the product link is under a direct (mlm) marketing. (As mentioned in my earlier post, i do not like mlm because of the fact that its does not provide TRUE quality for the price you pay.

2) the filter might have tons of stone n other stuff, however deeper analysis does not show any to be of clinical properties.

3) the micron size is not significantly small enough (carbon probably gets u 1-0.1m)

4) I shudder at the price that u pay for replacement of filters (approx $340 a year)

On a side note if you are considering this as a side business... Then i guess it has its perks. If not i suggest to stay away, there are a lot more filters that are providing better quality and at a cheaper price if you are concerned about the disposing of acidic part of the water.

For info sake, There are 2 general drinking alkaline water systems

1) Alkalizers which is what the above system is all about (only mild alkalinity, insignificant antioxidants and unverifiable small clusters). Because minerals are added to the water supply, eventually you get only filtered water (when all the alkaline minerals runout) and hard water (minerals causes hardness)

2) water ionizers which is what created the alkaline water concept (though it has other clinical properties) theses systems split the acid from the alkaline.

Hope that helps!

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the advice! A fren recommended this so I thought can consider it since it said it has weak alkaline water. Seems like not a good investment with the filers at such high price! Nope, I have no plans to do as a side business. I was hoping to find a system that is below 1k but seems like it is not possible.

Hi Dolphy,

You have to ask yourself about what your family needs are and consider the recurring cost of that system.

Generally filters are cheap and affordable with acceptable recurring cost. However getting any MLM products will set you back further.

If you are looking for water ionizers (e.g the one I'm using) it would cost above 1k, in fact they would cost almost 2k currently. Other water ionizer companies would cost way above 2k.

If you are looking for Alkalizers water system then it would also be around 1kish.

Suggestion is to short list some vendors and hear them out, if they have experience in the field, they would be able to help you in your decision making.

So choose wisely and good luck!

Cheers!

Hi gkbt,

After doing so much research on alkaline/ionised reduced water, I was so very close in getting a jupiter alphion MX when i come across this interesting article: www.waterfyi.com/alkaline-water/ionized-water/orp-ph-and-hydrogen/ and started reading on "hydrogen water".

Granted, the ORP of those ceramic balls can only go down to -250 mv max (not as negative as those performed by electrolysis). But it's interesting to see that they are able to get high ph and low ORP without electrolysis involved. The FAQs section of biocera website does provide quite a bit of information.

Apart from the alkaline jug, they do have alkaline filter that can be used in conjunction with a RO system (again, this is not an electrolysis process).

What's your take on this?

I took the plunge to get the alkaline water jug as i need to replace my water bottle in the office anyway.

Hi gkbt,

After doing so much research on alkaline/ionised reduced water, I was so very close in getting a jupiter alphion MX when i come across this interesting article: www.waterfyi.com/alkaline-water/ionized-water/orp-ph-and-hydrogen/ and started reading on "hydrogen water".

Granted, the ORP of those ceramic balls can only go down to -250 mv max (not as negative as those performed by electrolysis). But it's interesting to see that they are able to get high ph and low ORP without electrolysis involved. The FAQs section of biocera website does provide quite a bit of information.

Apart from the alkaline jug, they do have alkaline filter that can be used in conjunction with a RO system (again, this is not an electrolysis process).

What's your take on this?

I took the plunge to get the alkaline water jug as i need to replace my water bottle in the office anyway.

Hi Natvin,

Glad you are reading up on articles to add more knowledge on health.

Below are my views,

1) The hydrogen article is written by an advocate of the water ionizers by the name of ROB who markets the TYENT system and now an alkalizer

2) That article is not relatively new research but a forumer put it exteremely well (read Jean-Luc comments / query but did not get a response from Rob) It seems that platinium is required to generate dissolved hydrogen (which is very impt for the body) platinum is the base material for all water ionizers... Coincidental? I dun think so...

3) As for alkalizer filters, the WILL lose its activity after a while (pH, Orp, dissolved hydrogen etc) it's been proven before and if you must experiment, Do a check with your jug now and after 3, 6, 9 & 12. You should see a difference.

On reason is that if we do not remove the unwanted (acidic agents in the water) then how would u get alkalinity? Most alkalizer system WILL add something into the water to generate the pH, orp, dissolved hydrogen. But when the added materials are used up what happens? A few post upwards, I have commented on the cost of owning an alkalizer syste, however that was under MLM. Under normal circumstances the system would be cheaper than a water ionizer but more costlier in the long haul. Break even between Alkalizers and water ionizers is somewhere 2-3years if you are just judging conventional marketing not MLM. After that water ionizers will start to become more cost effective.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gkbt

Hello All,

I'm deciding between getting a Cleansui A103ZC http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product/undersink_A103ZC.html or a 3M DWS2500T http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/3MPurification/Home/Solutions/Residental/Under-Sink/DWS2500T/ .

Anybody has used either of these 2 systems before and has any feedbacks?

Hi gkbt,

Will definitely appreciate your kind inputs on my above 2 choices too. :)

Hello All,

I'm deciding between getting a Cleansui A103ZC http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product/undersink_A103ZC.html or a 3M DWS2500T http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/3MPurification/Home/Solutions/Residental/Under-Sink/DWS2500T/ .

Hi gkbt,

Hi yc_mw,

I am currently using the ESPRING water filter system from Amway. It is really good because after the activated carbon filter, there is a UV cartridge as well which is the last stage of water treatment. This actually kills off any remaining bacteria in the water. Activated carbon systems are really good as they harness bacteria to treat the water pollutants in our tap water. However, if we leave the activated carbon as the last stage process, there is a chance that live bacteria can flow out of the system, hence, with the added UV Cartridge, you are able to kill off any live bacteria remaining.

Hello All,

Hi gkbt,

Dear yc_mw,

Appreciate that you look forward to my comments.

Personally I do not think filters are the way to go anymore in Singapore since our water is drinkable from the tap with little issues and that is why I subscribe to ionization of my water.

However I digress, below are my viewpoints

1) Similar in design (undersink) and capable of producing filtered water.

2) Cleansui is cheaper compared to the 3M filter (about $400)

3) Filter capacity Cleansui - 8000L compared to 2839L for 3M

4) Filter cost Cleansui is approx $240, but I cant seem to find 3M cartridge pricing (however I found a aliexpress seller selling the cartidges for 400+ usd) you probably need 3M filter to be roughly $80 for the whole set to balance up with Cleansui.

5) Filter capability - Both seem to have similar capabilities

Therefore if you compare all the above.. What comes ultimately would be the "look" of the facuet and the recurring cost of replacements.

If I had to choose either 1, I'll probably take the Cleansui filter for the fact that it has a slightly cheaper startup cost + recurring cost is more affordable to the pocket.

Cheers