Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lawry

Those Who Did Bifold Door For Your Toilet ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
260 for the door onli or with the original door frame remov also?

hi, my quote as part of a whole house reno package, so i oso dunno comes with or without org frame removal.

anyway here are some pictures of my bi-fold, org door frame is already hacked off.

there's only 3 sides to my frame, the bottom is frameless.

common toilet top portion, with the frame.

dsc00271ao1.th.jpg

bottom portion, no frame

dsc00272qa2.th.jpg

MBR top portion

dsc00270mv8.th.jpg

MBR bottom portion

dsc00269vu5.th.jpg

$260 each, not cheap but quality wise is still ok.

hi, my quote as part of a whole house reno package, so i oso dunno comes with or without org frame removal.

anyway here are some pictures of my bi-fold, org door frame is already hacked off.

there's only 3 sides to my frame, the bottom is frameless.

$260 each, not cheap but quality wise is still ok.

Hi enz,

Ohh your bi-fold does not have bottom track, can you PM me the contact?

Is the bottom of the door sitting on the kerb or it's below? Cos my mum retrofitted a bifold door years ago and she hates the bottom track, however her shower is just right near to the entrance. So I'm just wondering whether it means water will easily splash out.

hi carelinwen

yup, the bi-fold is sitting on a kerb, so water should not splash out.PM-ed you the contact.

hi carelinwen

yup, the bi-fold is sitting on a kerb, so water should not splash out.PM-ed you the contact.

Thanks, will pass to my mum but might not suit her because the shower is right next to the door (stupid HDB design) so water will splash on door, flow down, end up on the kerb then flow out.

Lame frames

Guess what lawry, we're having the same issue with the door frames! :lol:

Now that we've moved in, we realised that we prefer to have PD Doors fixed for the 2 utility rooms. We rang up the contractor and they'd be over tomorrow to hack the frame and lay a portion of pebble dashing at the entrance of these rooms so we didn't have bother too much about the tiling where the door frames would be removed.

Well, I suppose it can be dusty, noisy and inconvenient to do the doors now. So here's the thing.....

inconvenience for a few days, control dust, noise factor to consider

vs

facing the unsightly door frame for the years to come

If we leave the door frames and just plonk the PD doors on them, we will have to bear with this eyesore for the years to come. Every time when we go to the toilets, we will see this eyesore.

Now that we still have the contractors popping over to do some minor works here and there, it is easier to get them to take down the door frames and lay the pebble dashings. :sport-smiley-018:

Imagine if we can't stand this eyesore, say 2 years down the line, it will be difficult to get any workers to make a special trip up to do this minor work and probably the cost might be higher too. :blink:

Hi KastleK,cld u post some pics of the pebble dashing at the door entrance?

I also want to install pd doors to my MBR bathroom but not intending on hacking the flooring cos not changing the tiles. Would i be able to remove the door frame (can enlarge my small toilet doorway!! :~ ) without damaging the toilet wall/floor tiles and the MBR flooring? :help:

I also want to install pd doors to my MBR bathroom but not intending on hacking the flooring cos not changing the tiles. Would i be able to remove the door frame (can enlarge my small toilet doorway!! :~ ) without damaging the toilet wall/floor tiles and the MBR flooring? :help:

Hi MiniC,

Perhaps you could post a pix or two of your bathroom entrance to see how the doorway might be widen and how best to sort out the wall tiles and floor tiles around the door frame.

I must add that the workers hacking the door frame aren't exactly the careful sort who would patiently chisel the door frame so be prepared for the damage.

1816%20door%20frame%20smoothen.jpg

1813%20smooth%20frame%20broken%20tiles.j

1844%20carved.jpg

1849%20wetworks.jpg

1852%20pebble%20dashing.jpg

We moved in late July; had the door frames removed in early August; PD doors installed soon after and now, after 2 months of using these doors, we have no regrets putting up with that slight inconvenience to have the ugly door frames removed and PD doors installed in proper.

I have yet taken any pixs of the PD doors what we have - 4 sets of PD doors altogether. Our sets of PD doors are alum.framed with black panels. We are still looking for the right primer to prep the surface before we paint it with chalk board paint. I think it'll be quite fun to leave some writings on the toilet doors, esp. on the inside to remind users to flush the WC! Or maybe a long story on the walls and door for one to read while one contribute to the national sewage system. :lol:

Hi MiniC,

Perhaps you could post a pix or two of your bathroom entrance to see how the doorway might be widen and how best to sort out the wall tiles and floor tiles around the door frame.

I must add that the workers hacking the door frame aren't exactly the careful sort who would patiently chisel the door frame so be prepared for the damage.

1844%20carved.jpg

1849%20wetworks.jpg

We moved in late July; had the door frames removed in early August; PD doors installed soon after and now, after 2 months of using these doors, we have no regrets putting up with that slight inconvenience to have the ugly door frames removed and PD doors installed in proper.

I have yet taken any pixs of the PD doors what we have - 4 sets of PD doors altogether. Our sets of PD doors are alum.framed with black panels. We are still looking for the right primer to prep the surface before we paint it with chalk board paint. I think it'll be quite fun to leave some writings on the toilet doors, esp. on the inside to remind users to flush the WC! Or maybe a long story on the walls and door for one to read while one contribute to the national sewage system. :lol:

ohhhh... so that's how the 'pebbles' looks like... hmm... ok,Will prob check with my id to see if it's possible.

Dropping by my new place later on. Think i'll go bring my camera to take some pics to post later! =p Thanks!

wow pebbles quite nice........ haha can steal yr idea

Agreed! my fiance n me love the idea too! :sport-smiley-004: gg to check if we can do the same thing too... Thought might not be able to cos inside are bathroom tiles. hehehe. took some pics but dun hv them now. Will post when i get hm. :yamseng:

i changing my bifold door to another type of bifold door. My ID said must hack the door frame away

charge me hack 2 door frame $80 and $160 for plastering the hack door frame to swee swee

Hi MiniC,

Hi,

Can post picture of your PD Door.. and how much it cost..

i want to replace my common toilet door? stupid hdb give the normal wooden not even bi-fold wooden

Edited by steventay

Hi,

Can post picture of your PD Door.. and how much it cost..

i want to replace my common toilet door? stupid hdb give the normal wooden not even bi-fold wooden

PD door cost $320 per set.

QUOTE (kastlekonfusion @ Oct 11 2008, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi MiniC,

1844%20carved.jpg

1849%20wetworks.jpg

I have yet taken any pixs of the PD doors what we have - 4 sets of PD doors altogether. Our sets of PD doors are alum.framed with black panels. We are still looking for the right primer to prep the surface before we paint it with chalk board paint. I think it'll be quite fun to leave some writings on the toilet doors, esp. on the inside to remind users to flush the WC! Or maybe a long story on the walls and door for one to read while one contribute to the national sewage system. laugh.gif

ohhhh... so that's how the 'pebbles' looks like... hmm... ok,Will prob check with my id to see if it's possible.

Dropping by my new place later on. Think i'll go bring my camera to take some pics to post later! =p Thanks!

Very smart idea bro. Will get my id to do it. Super ex to hack all the toilet and my old frame is rusty already. Thanks for sharing.