Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippo

Advice On Ariston Storage Heater

I am renting a HDB flat.

On my Ariston Model Elios 30 SIN, there is a warning

that the pressure release valve should be operated

once every 6 months.

Can anyone tell me where the release valve is?

I can see a valve on one of the pipes under the

heater but the valve doesnt move - there is a screw

holding it tight. Does the screw need to be released

first and then the valve operated?

Please let me know.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For my previous flat, I used a 6 gallon Rheem storage heater for both my bathrooms and wash basins. Took abt 10 mins to heat up and the hot water could stay warm for approx 8 - 10 hrs. Works well for me but I do not like the design of the heater as it looks bulky.

To add on to donut88 information, I have called up the company who brings in Ariston.

Their products are made in various countries such as Vietnam, India, Indonesia, etc.

The model for 25L is stainless steel and made in India while their 30L newer model is using titanium tank. :)

Anyone uses the Ariston 30L Titanium tank yet? What bou't the heating time and the how long the water can last??

Anyone uses the Ariston 30L Titanium tank yet? What bou't the heating time and the how long the water can last??

I am using it, I usually turn on the heater for 10 mins before I bathe. The hot water can last till the next morning.

I am using it, I usually turn on the heater for 10 mins before I bathe. The hot water can last till the next morning.

My Ariston 30L started leaking rite after 4yrs.... stained the floor and the wall.

Looking to replace it with

i) 707 but **** ex (>400 compared to ii & iii<250)

ii) same one but afraid mite leak in another 4/5 yrs but compact looking

iii) joven - good warranty but bulky & roundish... ugly in my kitchen.

choices choices choices....

Ariston 30L and Ferroli 30L which is better in term of efficiency and reliablity?

Heard from some shop owner said that Ariston is prompt to leaking after a few years isit true?

Ariston 30L and Ferroli 30L which is better in term of efficiency and reliablity?

Heard from some shop owner said that Ariston is prompt to leaking after a few years isit true?

my sister home's Ariston 30L has been used for 13 yrs... so far no leaking...

my sister home's Ariston 30L has been used for 13 yrs... so far no leaking...

Wow...13 years usage...It must be very reliable :dribble: !

Btw, Ti Plus and Ti shape series, which is better?

Edited by Flatster

Got my Ferroli 30L storage heater from GR link Marketing at 155 Jalan Besar last week.

I can resist because the nice boss give me very very good price after nego with him.

Edited by Flatster

I used ariston 30L for 7 years in my old flat. Didn't leak but the joints somewhat rusty. Now my new flat, I also use ariston 30L. Since it worked well for me previously, I use the same brand again. Anyway, cos I also like that it's rather compact

As posted in another thread, the seller of my flat installed an Ariston heater when she bought the flat 7 yrs ago. 3 days ago it started leaking rusty water.

Today the plumber came and confirmed I had to replace the heater and that it wasn't the pipes.

A few phone calls today revealed that the Ariston heaters seem to be very hit and miss. mostly unhappy reports, but I have the odd friend who have had one for ages and are happy. As for me, I can't bring myself to buy one seeing the rusty water discolour our tiles.

10 year leak warranty is the way to go.

As posted in another thread, the seller of my flat installed an Ariston heater when she bought the flat 7 yrs ago. 3 days ago it started leaking rusty water.

Today the plumber came and confirmed I had to replace the heater and that it wasn't the pipes.

A few phone calls today revealed that the Ariston heaters seem to be very hit and miss. mostly unhappy reports, but I have the odd friend who have had one for ages and are happy. As for me, I can't bring myself to buy one seeing the rusty water discolour our tiles.

10 year leak warranty is the way to go.

Which one will you go for? Ferroli?

Which one will you go for? Ferroli?

Personally I'm likely to go for Joven JH 35. 10 year leak warranty and price of $255 seems like a good deal, though the internal parts are only under warranty for one year.

Personally I'm likely to go for Joven JH 35. 10 year leak warranty and price of $255 seems like a good deal, though the internal parts are only under warranty for one year.

I'm also still using Joven in my current house and it service me for more than 6 years liao. Due to it's size, outlook and also my new house space constraint, I'm not intend to buy back the same brand so I chosen Ferroli instead as it's more presentable when installed on top of the washing machine at the wet area.

Btw, I've just noticed that my new house previous owner was also using Ariston and it has bad rust at the inlet and outlet as shown in the picture. I didn't know how long has he been using it and I also didn't bother to ask since I wanted to change it.

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

Edited by Flatster

My Ariston 30L started leaking rite after 4yrs.... stained the floor and the wall.

Looking to replace it with

i) 707 but **** ex (>400 compared to ii & iii<250)

ii) same one but afraid mite leak in another 4/5 yrs but compact looking

iii) joven - good warranty but bulky & roundish... ugly in my kitchen.

choices choices choices....

How do you know this is the water heater leaking not the other pipes leaking.

I also have water leakage in my wall recently, I suspect it is the Ariston 50L water heater. It is 5 years old. But the plumber says it is normal hot and cold pipes.

I see the leaking point in the wall is the point where there is a PVC pipe buried and it is linked up to the water heater installed int the bath room ceiling.

See the thread for details.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry580806

Is your water heater has discharge PVC pipe open to the air?

Edited by blueCrystal