Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippo

Advice On Ariston Storage Heater

Can anyone here advice how long does it take after switching on the Ariston storage heater (say 30L) before is it hot enough to bath? And how long does it stay hot in e tank?

I understand that for Joven storage heater, just have to switch on for abt 10-15min, it is gd enough for a 35L tank for u to bath. Also, even if u on it in e morning, it will still stay hot in the tank until u come back in e evening..

I hv to consider ARISTON bcos of e space constraint (ariston is more compact), and would appreciate any of those Ariston users to comment as there another thread commenting that it takes ages to heat up..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Can anyone here advice how long does it take after switching on the Ariston storage heater (say 30L) before is it hot enough to bath? And how long does it stay hot in e tank?

I understand that for Joven storage heater, just have to switch on for abt 10-15min, it is gd enough for a 35L tank for u to bath. Also, even if u on it in e morning, it will still stay hot in the tank until u come back in e evening..

I hv to consider ARISTON bcos of e space constraint (ariston is more compact), and would appreciate any of those Ariston users to comment as there another thread commenting that it takes ages to heat up..

if u can, get Joven.

how many family members u have in yr home?

average family size, 25L can already...... no need 30 or 35L.

Joven is really good. heat up real fast (like instant heater) and keeps the water hot after a whole day!!

ariston is really no good

i have used ariston before and now using Joven. So i'm able to compare both on same platform.

25L is enough for 4 ppl in a family.

if u can, get Joven.

how many family members u have in yr home?

average family size, 25L can already...... no need 30 or 35L.

Joven is really good. heat up real fast (like instant heater) and keeps the water hot after a whole day!!

ariston is really no good

i have used ariston before and now using Joven. So i'm able to compare both on same platform.

25L is enough for 4 ppl in a family.

Haizz...hw i wished i had seen this post b4 buying the Ariston 30L...bought on impulse! salesguy at Hoe Kee told me only need 10 mins to heat up but no leh.. :furious:

I used 10mins to heat up, still not hot at all! I have no time to wait since i have to rush for work every morning, imagine the water wasted whenever i have to test the temp b4 bathing....

Regret!

i also using Ariston cos is left down by previous owner cos i think still new.

but i think the heating up got problem cos i on the switch in the master room before 15mins to bath but still not hot leh. Normally must heat up how long before u bath?? anyone pls advise? Cos thinking of changing a new one but dun know storage heater or instant heater good. anyone pls advise.

i also using Ariston cos is left down by previous owner cos i think still new.

but i think the heating up got problem cos i on the switch in the master room before 15mins to bath but still not hot leh. Normally must heat up how long before u bath?? anyone pls advise? Cos thinking of changing a new one but dun know storage heater or instant heater good. anyone pls advise.

how many switches do you have for the heater? i.e. one in master room and one in kitchen? or just one is master room? As I understand from my ID is that if you have 2 switches, which is one is the master room and one in kitchen and your heater is in the common toilet, you've to on the switch in the kitchen. apparently, the water will not be hot enuff if you just switch on the room one. i also wonder how come it's like this. no harm trying and hope it helps!

As I read the comments here about water "not hot" even after heater was on for >15 min. I hope that the users here realize that the perception that heater is not working could be because of the cold water in the pipings? Pls take note that water in heater may be hot, but the water in pipes in between heater and your shower head will be cold when left idle. So of course the first few litres (how much will depending on your pipe length) of water that flow out will be cold. So there is some wastage and time needed before the hot water reaches you if you are the first to bathe.

Instant heaters will not have this problem as they heat the water just as it enters the shower system. Both has good and bad points. Instant heater uses more energy if you have high usage of hot water as it has to be constantly on as you use. Storage heater will heat up 25-30L of water in 15-20 min which will remain hot inside tank for a while (some >half a day), but of course you must bear in mind that water in pipes in between will cool down when idle.

how many switches do you have for the heater? i.e. one in master room and one in kitchen? or just one is master room? As I understand from my ID is that if you have 2 switches, which is one is the master room and one in kitchen and your heater is in the common toilet, you've to on the switch in the kitchen. apparently, the water will not be hot enuff if you just switch on the room one. i also wonder how come it's like this. no harm trying and hope it helps!

ya, one in master room and one in the kitchen. Must on 2 then will hot?

hi all, anybody know which country is joven from?
Google says Malaysia boleh! Edited by DSA

ya, one in master room and one in the kitchen. Must on 2 then will hot?

Ehh, cannot be like that bah, usually just on the one connected to the heater only. I've got 3 heater points (kitchen/common toilet/ master toilet) ready by hdb, I only connect my storage heater to one point (common) so only have to on that common heater switch. The other 2 switches we replace with blank covers. The heater points and switches are not inter-connected with each other.

Unless your contractor connect all the wiring such that the heater can be controlled by both switches (2-way) in each room?? Unlikely... but if yours is really this case and you have to on both to complete the circuit for the heater to work, a electrician should be able to adjust the wiring again such that only need to switch on one.

So I suggest you better find out from your ID/contractors how things are wired up, if they tell you funny things must pursue and ask how come like that. Some of them lazy to retify mistakes will just ask you to accept it.

personally i use Ariston in my parents house, then spoil after 10 years, so change to Joven..

gosh.. so disappointed..

As compared to the Ariston heater, Joven heats up slower and the water retention is so short.. Sometimes i can't even finish a shower...

personally i use Ariston in my parents house, then spoil after 10 years, so change to Joven..

gosh.. so disappointed..

As compared to the Ariston heater, Joven heats up slower and the water retention is so short.. Sometimes i can't even finish a shower...

you sure you know what are you talking about?.... or you just want to write something here just for the sake of writing?

you sure you know what are you talking about?.... or you just want to write something here just for the sake of writing?

Must agree with donut88 that Joven instant water heaters are quite reliable and efficient. By the way is the Elmark brand still available?

Yup... joven is from Malaysia.. they give 10yrs leakproof warranty and i think 1 yr internal component warranty.. Ariston onli provide 4yrs leakproof warranty..

bot from Poh Jo @ 220bucks for the vertical and hortizonal 1 they selling @ 215 bucks.. slightly beta den GAB.. their Hob n Hood also cheaper den GAB.. and i gt a free oven which GAB don have...

U all can look for Emilene.. a veri nice lady.. will help u source for the best price... :)

Yup... joven is from Malaysia.. they give 10yrs leakproof warranty and i think 1 yr internal component warranty.. Ariston onli provide 4yrs leakproof warranty..

bot from Poh Jo @ 220bucks for the vertical and hortizonal 1 they selling @ 215 bucks.. slightly beta den GAB.. their Hob n Hood also cheaper den GAB.. and i gt a free oven which GAB don have...

U all can look for Emilene.. a veri nice lady.. will help u source for the best price... :)

u got a free oven!? wow, that's a veri generous freebie from poh joo :jawdrop: