Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Kitchen Cabinet Big Drawer -> 1 Pair Of Runner Or 2 Pairs?

just wanna find out whether anyone had 2 pairs of runners for those big drawers? those 2 big drawer type.

mine is 1pair(1 on left and 1 on right) and is fix at the base of the the drawer. tot it seems filmsy.

Thinking if its possible to get ID to fix 2 pairs of runners?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What brand is your runners and how wide are the drawers..

From my own reasoning, it is harder to align 4 runners (2 pairs) than 2 heavy duty runners (1 pair) which is likely to do the job well. So if you could, estimate the loading requirements for these drawers and get the matching pair. The other reason is that your existing pair are not well installed?

just wanna find out whether anyone had 2 pairs of runners for those big drawers? those 2 big drawer type.

mine is 1pair(1 on left and 1 on right) and is fix at the base of the the drawer. tot it seems filmsy.

I only have 1 pair of runners.

My drawer(s) are slightly less than 1m in length and I use it to contain all my heavy cooking pots/pans. During the testing of drawers, we actually put in several tins of paint (5L) to see if it would run nicely and there wasnt' a problem.

You need only 1-pair. Tell your ID to use "3-layer Steel Track", translated from Mandarin. This tracks will allow you to pull your drawer out fully. It's heavy duty and slides smoothly. But most importantly is the base plank, must be at least 15mm, if can 20mm is best.

Or can get the "BLUM" Soft Closing Runners, they are the best, but will incur more cost.

Edited by micki

I didn't use the Blum system and my drawers close fine. At this point, I personally think they might be a little overrated. My sister used the blum system for her drawers aren't any better/lousier than mine.

Perhaps it helps that my drawers are "full" and usually with lots of heavy stuff so "slamming" isn't really a problem at this point.

I guess you should focus on the material and thickness as well as how they assemble your drawer (if its made of wood) rather than the runners. replacing a runner is easy ( get a pair of stainless steel "3-layer Steel Track" as micki translated with as many ball bearings as possible ) this kind of runners are good enough to hold systems close to about 50 kg .... however, can your wooden drawers hold such weight over the years? Afraid not....