Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kunning

Aircon Abcs

Hi

Aircon-speak is greek to me. :dunno: I hope some kind souls can shed some light please.

I had gone to Gain City but did not really have a good impression. The sales guy just rattled off all the techies and I have no idea at all what he's rambling. Later, I found out that he was pushing a brand where parts are hard to get 8| .

Anyway, I've got another aircon guy who actually come down to do a site check, advise & quote.

Can anyone tell me is it true that armaflex is not required for inverter system? I was told that inverters will regulate itself and the problem of sweating will not occur.

What's the difference between Grade 22 & 23 copper pipes?

I'm looking for an inverter system 3 - to cool 2 bedrooms & living. As my place is not big, I worked out that 12000+ 6000+6000 btus should be more than enough. However, everyone's selling me 18+9+9. Am I right that the configuration will somewhat be limited by the makes & models? Will getting a higher btu setup (more than what I will need) cause more 'contributions' to PUB :deal: ?

Is $3050 for a`system 3 Daikin inverter fair.

any advice on the above is appreciated. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm looking for an inverter system 3 - to cool 2 bedrooms & living. As my place is not big, I worked out that 12000+ 6000+6000 btus should be more than enough. However, everyone's selling me 18+9+9. Am I right that the configuration will somewhat be limited by the makes & models? Will getting a higher btu setup (more than what I will need) cause more 'contributions' to PUB :deal: ?

Is $3050 for a`system 3 Daikin inverter fair.

any advice on the above is appreciated. Thanks.

How many ticks is your Daikin? More upfront cost will translate to longer savings if the ticks are there (I think)

I went to the expo with the same intention, and seem like Jack Neo's recommendation looks okay. the boss was very knowledgeable and looked like ah seng (ie competent hands on guy). The Mit brand system 3 in one inverter, he quote $2680 I think, with larger gauge copper pipes and 18+9+9.

Logic wise, the 'power' comes from the compressor as the rest are pipings and distributor, so if the cooling power not there (yours is 6K, while your room needs 8K) so my thinking is that your compressor will run more on/off. Probably will cost more $

(I'm an aircon newbie too - so more experience guy pls comment) - I got 2 to 3 more weeks before I need to committ to get one liao