Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello, I'm from Woodlands.

Just move in to our ea near Admiraty mrt last month.

Nice to meet you.

Let me guess:

Block 6XX

Woodlands Ring Road

141 SM

Lease 1998

$4XX,000

Very good value for money.

Ooh.. we're neighbours!!! Me & htb have not moved in yet but the estate really seems lovely! :-)

yeah..the estate really cool...the neighbours there are friendly too..

Welcome Haven59!

Pasir Ris got more EA or EM? coz i always see EM there leh, around the mrt station.

:) haven59 is my wifey's nick, hmm reply u on her behalf :P i think theres more EA than EM in pasir ris, like the few blocks around my side, only 1 EM in each blk, only top floor, nice penthouse :)

although there are some blks full of EMs, they are rare. if i were tomake a guese, i think the EA to EM ratio maybe is abt 6:1 or maybe even 8:1 in pasir ris :P

Edited by havencaveman

Hi all, EA at Jurong East, 1st appt Feb. :D

Welcome Tsubame! Where in Jurong East huh?

1. icky -- Jurong East

2. burrppp -- Tampines

3. applefreak -- Seng Kang

4. lakmy -- Pasir Ris

5. damsel in de-stress -- Bedok Reservoir

6. chocolatzz -- Pasir Ris

7. simcity -- Serangoon North

8. rummi -- Seng Kang

9. priyalok -- Seng Kang

10. DoubleJ -- Jurong West

11. khair76-- Pasir Ris

12. Deepwhite-- Hougang

13. BunBun -- Jurong West

14. Haven59 -- Pasir Ris

15. Aqilo -- Bedok Reservoir

16. jt1011 -- Woodlands

17. Tsubame -- Jurong East

Staying in EA now but selling soon.....2nd appt in March.....

going to miss my EA...sob...sob.....:(

Every time gov give rebate we staying in EA always "lugi"....haiz....

Hi icky, Toh Guan, although my address is on JE St. 21. Are you nearby? :)

mine at JE st 32, inside, Toh Guan is expensive leh, yours is 287 or 288, the area 285 to 288 are all very expensive, coz just walking dist to IMM

Staying in EA now but selling soon.....2nd appt in March.....

going to miss my EA...sob...sob.....:(

Every time gov give rebate we staying in EA always "lugi"....haiz....

yah... s&c is the most ex, but rebate the least

mine at JE st 32, inside, Toh Guan is expensive leh, yours is 287 or 288, the area 285 to 288 are all very expensive, coz just walking dist to IMM

Mine 287. "Nearest" EA block to MRT. :D At least that's how 1 agent tried to sell one of the units there. Cos nearest block is 287D, which is all EM.

We got at reasonable price, cos seller is first owner, so he can sell lower than if is 2nd owner. The other units we saw all "hang up to sell", not much room for negotiation.

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone! :yamseng:

Like to check with those who are renovating, or just finished renovation last year on your EA how much you spent on reno and what was the scope of works involved? Scouting around for contractors now, so like to compare quotes on work if possible. Recommendations welcomed! :)

Mine is resale. While we'd like to minimised the works, the flat is after all 10 years lived-in already. Would appreciate your sharing. Thanks!

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone! :yamseng:

Like to check with those who are renovating, or just finished renovation last year on your EA how much you spent on reno and what was the scope of works involved? Scouting around for contractors now, so like to compare quotes on work if possible. Recommendations welcomed! :)

Mine is resale. While we'd like to minimised the works, the flat is after all 10 years lived-in already. Would appreciate your sharing. Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought a resale EA too, at yishun. Looking for contractors too....Sorry to ride on your thread :). Mine's also a 20yrs plus flat, i'd be the 3rd owner. Had enaged this company called JSDC at IMM 5 yrs ago and was very happy with the workmanship, but been to IMM lately and realised this company not there anymore...

Mine 287. "Nearest" EA block to MRT. :D At least that's how 1 agent tried to sell one of the units there. Cos nearest block is 287D, which is all EM.

We got at reasonable price, cos seller is first owner, so he can sell lower than if is 2nd owner. The other units we saw all "hang up to sell", not much room for negotiation.

that's not true lah... Blk 201 should be the nearest to MRT and it has EA too, all agents are like that, anyhow say one...

Hi,

I just bought a resale EA too, at yishun. Looking for contractors too....Sorry to ride on your thread :). Mine's also a 20yrs plus flat, i'd be the 3rd owner. Had enaged this company called JSDC at IMM 5 yrs ago and was very happy with the workmanship, but been to IMM lately and realised this company not there anymore...

Welcome!

1. icky -- Jurong East

2. burrppp -- Tampines

3. applefreak -- Seng Kang

4. lakmy -- Pasir Ris

5. damsel in de-stress -- Bedok Reservoir

6. chocolatzz -- Pasir Ris

7. simcity -- Serangoon North

8. rummi -- Seng Kang

9. priyalok -- Seng Kang

10. DoubleJ -- Jurong West

11. khair76-- Pasir Ris

12. Deepwhite-- Hougang

13. BunBun -- Jurong West

14. Haven59 -- Pasir Ris

15. Aqilo -- Bedok Reservoir

16. jt1011 -- Woodlands

17. Tsubame -- Jurong East

18. Joho -- Yishun

that's not true lah... Blk 201 should be the nearest to MRT and it has EA too, all agents are like that, anyhow say one...

Haha, then he must put quantifier, "nearest EA block to MRT in Toh Guan...". Visited the EA in 201 b4, a relative used to live there, then dunno why moved to 285.

Toh Guan there is "youngest" flats around JE MRT already. Was previously looking at 5-rms in 103, 106 which is 26 yrs old already, and not every floor have lift, plus the lift very slow, but was right across my MIL place. In the end we want a flat with 4 bedrooms (or 3+1) and no stairs (107 have EM), so only Toh Guan can consider. Not to say the valuation for the 5-rms still quite high in spite of the flat's age. Most units gotta basically all hack and redo. The renovation cost likely to end up higher than doing up a relatively new EA.

Hi,

Hi Joho, it's more like icky's thread. :) Welcome to the EA Group too.

Yah the contractors at IMM changes quite frequently, although some say is just change company name... Do share your comments about contractors you have met. How much work needs to be done on your EA?

Mine, I'm waiting to get my hands on the key, although the agent said can ask her to open the door if bringing contractors in for quotation. The owners already moved out so my unit is vacant now.