Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Ea Kakis, Any?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi fellow EA owners..

I intending to start flat hunting in a couple of month's time. Im contemplating between EM and EA around the east area.

Do you think that the staircase for EM is occupying space? And which is a cheaper?

Also, my house will only have 2 occupants, me and my wife. EM seems to me like quite scary leh.. if u alone downstairs, then hear some things upstairs or vice versa..

hi fellow EA owners..

I intending to start flat hunting in a couple of month's time. Im contemplating between EM and EA around the east area.

Do you think that the staircase for EM is occupying space? And which is a cheaper?

Also, my house will only have 2 occupants, me and my wife. EM seems to me like quite scary leh.. if u alone downstairs, then hear some things upstairs or vice versa..

If you intend to start a family or have your parents / in-laws stay with you, an EM/EA is ideal. However, an EA is a safer unit to consider because frequency of small children or elderly parents accidentally tripping/falling on staircases is common in EMs. Child-proofing staircases can only do so much. If you don't intend to have children, consider the routine of walking upstairs and downstairs everytime you need to get something. Clothes, stationery, answer the door, a drink, etc.....EMs does require you to do some leg work everytime.

Since you are also a person who fears the supernatural, my advice to you is to go for a 4-rm flat. Empty spaces attract spirits...EA or EM fits that perfectly ! Your spouse doesn't seem to be the type that will do housework regularly.... maybe you should consider a 3-rm flat instead. Reduce your loan commitments and live simply.

Edited by asoon88

Welcome to the neighbourhood! Which blk did u buy? Mine is at 30X. :)

1st appt at the end of Mar. very excited!

Ours is at 33X :)

1st appt at beginning of Apr.. Now busy reading forum for renovation firm reviews. You planning to overhaul your unit or just basic reno?

ryooki,

Don't mind me asking. Is it 332? Can PM me if it is 332

I bought mine at 50x wellington circle.

Nope, not 332. :)

Oh I went to 50X to see as well.. but prefer the 33X one coz' it's bigger. :P

yah 50x is smaller by 10sqm. I was considering 33x and 50x.

33x is cheaper than 50x by 15K in valuation. I decided to go for 50x in favour for

1) 33x nearby is a secondary school. 507x, beside my block is wellington pri sch. 2mins from home to school.

2) Kopitiam at 50x is nicer than the 33x one but stores do change over a period of time.

3) In term of fengshui, the layout at 50x is slightly better. Master bedroom toilet doesn't face the bed, common toilet is at the kitchen, main door doesn't face the living room etc etc. Strictly it is my personal opinion.

4) Owner at 33x refuse to give in at 35K COV. They are looking at 40K STRICTLY not even 1-2K less.

But whatever it is, food @ yishun is nicer :P no fight at all. I foresee myself driving back to yishun on weekends for most of my meals.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

yah 50x is smaller by 10sqm. I was considering 33x and 50x.

33x is cheaper than 50x by 15K in valuation. I decided to go for 50x in favour for

1) 33x nearby is a secondary school. 507x, beside my block is wellington pri sch. 2mins from home to school.

2) Kopitiam at 50x is nicer than the 33x one but stores do change over a period of time.

3) In term of fengshui, the layout at 50x is slightly better. Master bedroom toilet doesn't face the bed, common toilet is at the kitchen, main door doesn't face the living room etc etc. Strictly it is my personal opinion.

4) Owner at 33x refuse to give in at 35K COV. They are looking at 40K STRICTLY not even 1-2K less.

But whatever it is, food @ yishun is nicer :P no fight at all. I foresee myself driving back to yishun on weekends for most of my meals.

Oh you're from Yishun previously? Yah.. Sembawang food really not fantastic.. Matured estates' food is much better! Will you be doing reno on your new place? Care to share contacts? :) We are doing basic reno (see what FSM says first)..

yah staying @ yishun now. can't find a decent EM/EA in Yishun that is near khatib mrt. Anyway both our families are @ yishun and sembawang so it doesn't really matter lah

reno ah... haven't really research on that area yet. cause of my another half is flying 50% for work, i guess my reno work will start end of this year. moving in next yr june :(

you leh? before you OTP, got get your FSM to screen before you place deposit?

yah staying @ yishun now. can't find a decent EM/EA in Yishun that is near khatib mrt. Anyway both our families are @ yishun and sembawang so it doesn't really matter lah

reno ah... haven't really research on that area yet. cause of my another half is flying 50% for work, i guess my reno work will start end of this year. moving in next yr june :(

you leh? before you OTP, got get your FSM to screen before you place deposit?

Yup, we did get a FSM to "survey" the unit before we put our deposit. But it's a different FSM to do the Full house audit as this FSM do house survey quite expensive and we dunno how many times we will require his service..

I see. how much COV did you pay for yours? I'm just wondering if i overpaid :(

I paid 440 +15K COV. 30X, 14th floor. 141sqm.

Like the place coz layout is squarish/rectangle all around. No funny/weird slants or corners.

Not particular abt FS, so no issue there.

I think I will get contractor to do up the hse. Need a few overhauls but on tight budget :P

How much did you guys pay?