Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newhouse

What To Use To Clean Joints Between Homogeneous Tiles?

got white homogeneous tiles. The joints are already greyish before i even move in.

Any idea how to clean them? any good cleaning agent to recommend and where to buy?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

anything that cleans the joints simply means that it is actually eating into the joints (i.e eroding the gouting). So I suggest just leave it. It'll get even worst later on anyway. It's a process of getting used to.

Any bleach solution will do. Spray some on the grout lines, leave them for 5-10 mins, then wipe off with wet towel.

Edited by yokine9a

Any bleach solution will do. Spray some on the grout lines, leave them for 5-10 mins, then wipe off with wet towel.

I use the magic sponge from Daiso. Works better than bleach for my case.

But, MUST wear rubber gloves.

I use the magic sponge from Daiso. Works better than bleach for my case.

But, MUST wear rubber gloves.

Hows does it looks like? Any pic?

Hows does it looks like? Any pic?

Hi,

this is the magic sponge I used

DSC01674compressed.jpg

I tear a small piece and wet it with some water and scrub the grout. The sponge will get smaller and smaller, as I rinse it regularly with water.

I use it to clean other things too, like laminate surfaces. I used it to scrub my kitchen tiles when I took over my resale flat, and this is the result :)

DSC01720compressed.jpg

Did you use the sponge to scrub the tiles or the grout lines? The grout lines still look grey colour to me, not very clean thou :unsure:

i use the magic sponge too! but the 3M brand. very good, it works for me to clean tiles. but for grout lines, I prefer to leave it. maybe it paint it over on yearly basis.

Did you use the sponge to scrub the tiles or the grout lines? The grout lines still look grey colour to me, not very clean thou :unsure:

Ya, i agree too... it seems the tile on the left is cleaner... :D

Ya, i agree too... it seems the tile on the left is cleaner... :D

the tile on the left was cleaned with the magic sponge. that is kitchen tile and i left the grout alone.

i only cleaned the grout for the MBR and living room but i did not take before and after pics. i did not clean the grout for kitchen and other rooms...very tedious to clean line by line you know? :bow:

the tile on the left was cleaned with the magic sponge. that is kitchen tile and i left the grout alone.

i only cleaned the grout for the MBR and living room but i did not take before and after pics. i did not clean the grout for kitchen and other rooms...very tedious to clean line by line you know? :bow:

Hi all,

did anyone here try Mr Muscle to clean joints before, saw on tv ad, looks quite good.

Hi all,

did anyone here try Mr Muscle to clean joints before, saw on tv ad, looks quite good.

Mr Muscle didnt work for me..Or I use wrongly.. I think I will just leave it..

My mum been using Cif Power Cream for toliet wall. Can buy in any Giants supermarket on those toliet items.

It does works for my mum's toliet wall, those black joints and moulds.

Just leave it there for more then 15 to 20 min and wash away with water. No need to rub it at all.

Hi Member,

Why Grout Stain? it is because it is porous.

You can purchase Grout deep clean from DIY store, or Builders shop.

This chemical clean and lift the dirt up.

Use Grout Sealer or any penetrating type sealer, seal the Grout.

This will ease the ongoing maintenance.

Best Regards

T S TAN

Edited by Master

hi,

maybe you like to try this method.

sprinkler some baking soda (powder) onto the floor. add some hot water and scrub it with floor brush or use a tooth brush to brush the spaces inbetween the tiles to get rid of the stain.