Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
happywheel

Cost For Laminate 3 Bedroom

Hi guys,

Thinking of laminate my 3 bedroom and have do some research of the Company.

just to name a few which prego, vorhinger,surpreme and krontech... spelling might not be correct

Should i get my ID to do for me or directly contact the company to lay for me

so far the saleperson quoted me 5.20psf . any advice

cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If going by ID, it might be slightly more ex as there is a commission to be earned in the ID's favour. So check with your ID the price per psf he will give you and compare with the direct company like Pergo, Vohringer, supreme or kronotex. Also it depends on what grade are you getting, AC3, AC4 or AC5?

5.20psf is ex. which company you approached?

Hi guys,

Thinking of laminate my 3 bedroom and have do some research of the Company.

just to name a few which prego, vorhinger,surpreme and krontech... spelling might not be correct

Should i get my ID to do for me or directly contact the company to lay for me

so far the saleperson quoted me 5.20psf . any advice

cheers

If going by ID, it might be slightly more ex as there is a commission to be earned in the ID's favour. So check with your ID the price per psf he will give you and compare with the direct company like Pergo, Vohringer, supreme or kronotex. Also it depends on what grade are you getting, AC3, AC4 or AC5?

5.20psf is ex. which company you approached?

supreme thru phone...it AC5

think price offer is better during the exhibition

Yes the price is cheaper during exhibition.

supreme thru phone...it AC5

think price offer is better during the exhibition

Is it true that Pergo and Kronotex will only lay the laminates using their own workers? Warrenty issue or something like that.

I was quoted $4.30psf during the exhibition in Feb from Supreme AC5. Didn't expect it to increase so much within couple of months. You should bargain further.

Yes, more established company like Supreme, Kronotex etc will use their own workers to do the laying work.

I got $1700 from Supreme direct, kept the quotes from my ID, she quoted $2500. I bypassed her and did my own arrangements.

I got $1700 from Supreme direct, kept the quotes from my ID, she quoted $2500. I bypassed her and did my own arrangements.

Bro Lawry,

care to share & recommend your sales personnal to me....$1.7k is within my budget.

Is it using AC3....no problem for me

cheers

happywheel, mine's Supreme AC5.

Sorry, i don't have his contact anymore, but it all started from this guy at Courts Tampines (where IKEA is), there is a Supreme section within,

he sent a rep down to my place to take measurements and a quotation on the spot.

Tip : Get a quotation from a few IDs (grade/type) first, roughly know the market rate. Next, get the quote from Supreme, whatever price they give you (should be lower than your ID), tell them your ID gave the same rates for the same thing, why sub it to them?

They will reduce on the spot. :P:P

It's personal commission and sales figures to match after all. :P

Next, tell you ID what rates you got from Supreme direct, if they are willing to match that, usually $600/800 cheaper, then it's theirs, or else remove item from quote.

Tip 2 : I assume you are overlaying?

Use these laminates for your STOREROOM as well if any, but get your ID to quote based on all hacking/all tiles price first, then tell them you don't want to hack storeroom, minus out the difference, savings around $300 odd. Because it's storeroom, does it matter if it's new tiles or laminates?

If your place have no existing old tiles, then this doesn't apply. :P

Edited by lawry

happywheel, mine's Supreme AC5.

Sorry, i don't have his contact anymore, but it all started from this guy at Courts Tampines (where IKEA is), there is a Supreme section within,

he sent a rep down to my place to take measurements and a quotation on the spot.

Tip : Get a quotation from a few IDs (grade/type) first, roughly know the market rate. Next, get the quote from Supreme, whatever price they give you (should be lower than your ID), tell them your ID gave the same rates for the same thing, why sub it to them?

They will reduce on the spot. :P:P

It's personal commission and sales figures to match after all. :P

Next, tell you ID what rates you got from Supreme direct, if they are willing to match that, usually $600/800 cheaper, then it's theirs, or else remove item from quote.

Tip 2 : I assume you are overlaying?

Use these laminates for your STOREROOM as well if any, but get your ID to quote based on all hacking/all tiles price first, then tell them you don't want to hack storeroom, minus out the difference, savings around $300 odd. Because it's storeroom, does it matter if it's new tiles or laminates?

If your place have no existing old tiles, then this doesn't apply. :P

Hi Lawry

you have got a good deal for AC 5...believe the price was cheap few months ago when u signed with them

I'm overlaying the existing tiles...to save cost for hacking due to tight budget because i noticed there are alot of additional items to include during the process of reno.

at the meantime will wait for them to get back to me with the quote....IDs should be more exp due to mark up price . keep u update cheers

I totally agreed that laminate flooring grading play a big part. My contractor provided me with 10 years warranty, Wooo Hooo~. There was once i called them up because there is a hairline defectment due to thermal expansion or whatever i believe and i called them 1 1/2year after my installation.

They take out the pieces and the door skirting to reinstall for me. :good:

I totally agreed that laminate flooring grading play a big part. My contractor provided me with 10 years warranty, Wooo Hooo~. There was once i called them up because there is a hairline defectment due to thermal expansion or whatever i believe and i called them 1 1/2year after my installation.

They take out the pieces and the door skirting to reinstall for me. :good:

Yes ,I have decided on supreme AC5 using the tropical hardwood with lifetime warranty..

Hope everything goes smoothly...

cheers :good: