Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zeegi

D&d's T Blog

Woo....where you got your taps & Basins?

I got them from Poh Joo. Look for Benjamin- his voice sounds abit sian sian but crack a few jokes with him and he'll soften abit. After sales services with Benjamin also good but don't get the young girl.

whoa nice place! I like the leather laminate you use for your shoe cabinet. I've gotten a quote from Sky (Plush Living). Is it convenient to share with me your quote? Wanna make a comparison if possible.

My experience with Sky so far is pleasant. He is nice and service is good so far. However, i am still awaiting other quotes to come back before I decide who to appoint.

Hi Ivy, just pm me your email address and I'll send it to you :) I read reviews about Sky that his sales talk quite powerful also. But personally I prefer Darren because he's a technical guy so when their workers tell you something stupid like 'i cannot do this or that because no space' etc, Darren will come down personally to solve the problem.

The leather laminate is from Formica. There are similar leather laminates from EDL and Jennings but the texture and colour is not as thick or as natural as Formica. Do take note that if the laminate is thin, your carpentry maybe prone to a 'bubble' effect. That means if you stand to the side of your cupboard you see a hump poping out. I've seen other forumers encounter similar problem so choose thicker laminates.

Enjoy the hunting process! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ur reno looks very gd.. any complains so far???

Well only the plumber is not up to our expectation. He doesn't know how to fix our Johnson Suisse toilet bowl but my ID and Poh Joo manage to resolve it by asking the agent to come onsite (FOC for me). Probably the toilet bowl is some new model :dunno: But strangely he knows how to fix my Caroma toilet bowl since it's an Australian brand.

My husband also specifically do not want any joints in our pipes. So he had a long discussion with the plumber and finally our pipe only has 1 joint. This to minimise potential damage when pipe burst or leadkage.

The tiling and carpentry is really fantastic and i really give them credit. I told Darren specifically I don't want to feel the sharp edges of the tiles and yet i want the grout to be thin - and it really turn out very well. Carpentry was very exact and finishing is good. No uneven-ness in the laminates and screws and bolts fits nicely.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to reference my quote. My budget for reno was 35k(without ele) but exceeded because last minute we added the shoe cabinet, alot of box up and we 'upgraded' our doors and glass all to tempered.

Hello, i am very impressed with your newly renovated house. I believe it brings new hopes to many 4 room flat owners!!

I am in the midst of gathering quotes and would certainly like to consider Plush Living too. Do you mind sending me the quotes?

Well only the plumber is not up to our expectation. He doesn't know how to fix our Johnson Suisse toilet bowl but my ID and Poh Joo manage to resolve it by asking the agent to come onsite (FOC for me). Probably the toilet bowl is some new model :dunno: But strangely he knows how to fix my Caroma toilet bowl since it's an Australian brand.

My husband also specifically do not want any joints in our pipes. So he had a long discussion with the plumber and finally our pipe only has 1 joint. This to minimise potential damage when pipe burst or leadkage.

The tiling and carpentry is really fantastic and i really give them credit. I told Darren specifically I don't want to feel the sharp edges of the tiles and yet i want the grout to be thin - and it really turn out very well. Carpentry was very exact and finishing is good. No uneven-ness in the laminates and screws and bolts fits nicely.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to reference my quote. My budget for reno was 35k(without ele) but exceeded because last minute we added the shoe cabinet, alot of box up and we 'upgraded' our doors and glass all to tempered.

Hello, i am very impressed with your newly renovated house. I believe it brings new hopes to many 4 room flat owners!!

I am in the midst of gathering quotes and would certainly like to consider Plush Living too. Do you mind sending me the quotes?

Hi Ayong,

I think a better approach is for you to visit showrooms, talk to the various designers/ contractors and compare the costs between the quotes. You can also refer to Renotalk's various sub-forums to find out the costs of materials and other very useful info.

You may also request to speak to Darren from Plush Living.

Angel81: Thanks :D

okay sure thing; will call a few ID for comparison.

It is so useful to gather ideas from the pics you posted because my house has simliar layout!!

:yamseng:

Hi Ayong,

I think a better approach is for you to visit showrooms, talk to the various designers/ contractors and compare the costs between the quotes. You can also refer to Renotalk's various sub-forums to find out the costs of materials and other very useful info.

You may also request to speak to Darren from Plush Living.

Angel81: Thanks :D

zeegi, your house is really nice!! its the colour and feel tt i wan for me house... urs is more warm and cozy feel rite? may I know what colour did you use? the yellow colours... do you have the code? it'c pics, so maybe u have used more than 1 yellow colour...

and yes im gg to use warm day light... :))

zeegi, your house is really nice!! its the colour and feel tt i wan for me house... urs is more warm and cozy feel rite? may I know what colour did you use? the yellow colours... do you have the code? it'c pics, so maybe u have used more than 1 yellow colour...

and yes im gg to use warm day light... :))

Hi Sillydolphin, do you mean the wall colours? I use Nippon Lily white for almost all the living room and kitchen and bedroom walls cos i lazy to pick the colours hee hee :D . It looks yellowish because of the warm light.

My other bedrooms are blue, one of the master bedroom wall is mocha and another room is a light yellow but i can't remember the code. All using nippon paint :rolleyes:

If you want I can ask my ID for the codes- PM me if you're keen. Thanks

Well so far not much updates to my blog. My permanent Lorenzo sofa has come in and we're enjoying it very much! Sometimes i fall asleep on the 2 seater while my husband knock out on the 3 seater zz

My ID has also taken note of the defects list and will be continueing to work on it. But actually it's more like finishing up some final things,

1. boxing up the aircon pipe in my MBR so that they can install the wall fan

2. Cover a hole in the shoe cabinet because I change the position of my foyer light electrical trunking

3. Change the mirror in the MBR toilet as there's a black patch

4. change the drainage cover in the kitchen to be the type without holes- since i won't be pouring water on the kitchen floor for washing.

5. Kitchen toilet accessories rack is slightly tilted

6. Patch up all grout lines and paint work- I use magic sponge to clean the wall until the paint came off! :bangwall: So never use Magic sponge on the walls!

And sigh keep procrastinating to fix my Rinnai Hob's burner... the safety valve make me on the ignitor for at least 8 seconds!! urgh... :bangwall: wasting my gas...

Overall also very satisfied with my Montelli solid surface top! Easy to maintain, scratches not obvious and can't see water stains. Much better than Crestar which another owner complained to me that she can't wipe off the spagetti sauce stain after cooking. :jawdrop:

Hi Zeeqi

You got a nice reno here i must say! Plush Living is also my shortlist ID!

I do see that your sound system is from Precision Audio, you are buying MA speakers I believe, Im keen to see how you place your speakers and pictures of your living room too! Im eyeing to buy the RS1 as well.

Do kindly post and let us enjoy your lovely place eh?

Hi Zeeqi

You got a nice reno here i must say! Plush Living is also my shortlist ID!

I do see that your sound system is from Precision Audio, you are buying MA speakers I believe, Im keen to see how you place your speakers and pictures of your living room too! Im eyeing to buy the RS1 as well.

Do kindly post and let us enjoy your lovely place eh?

Yah, my husband got a RS6 from Precision Audio from Edward, quite a honest and nice guy.

He tilted the speakers at about 40 degrees towards his normal sitting position to get the optimal sound due to the short length in our living hall.

Yah, my husband got a RS6 from Precision Audio from Edward, quite a honest and nice guy.

He tilted the speakers at about 40 degrees towards his normal sitting position to get the optimal sound due to the short length in our living hall.

RS6, nice set of floor standing speakers with excellent sound as well.

Any pics to show your living hall with speakers placement?

Thanks.