Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
FrOzE

Wanna Buy Air-con Soon... Need Some Advice

Hi,

I'm also a noob at buying Aircon. Thinking of just getting a System 1 for MBR. Me n wife will only use aircon once in a blue moon. Most of the time, we'll be using the ceiling fan.

1. Should i get an inverter? N which brand of aircon should i get?

2. Any lobang to recommend for the purchase and installation of the aircon?

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi kastlekonfusion,

Does Nelson install and get the aircon for u? Can pass me his no? Thinking of getting a quote from him

Today's Today papers got Carrefour aircon sale advert,... Can buy from them?

Does anyone order from Carrefour aircon systems? Reviews?

Aircon / Fan Coil / Evaporator ....what is it?

This pix doesn't offer a good view of the aircon but this is what I have in our pix folder which shows part of the aircon....mmm...I suppose Tom didn't pay attention to how the aircon units are installed.

080725_1791%20guestroom.jpg . 080725_1783%20lounge.jpg

Hi,I'm also a noob at buying Aircon. Thinking of just getting a System 1 for MBR. Me n wife will only use aircon once in a blue moon. Most of the time, we'll be using the ceiling fan.

1. Should i get an inverter? N which brand of aircon should i get?

2. Any lobang to recommend for the purchase and installation of the aircon?

Given away condenser + 1 fan coil

Our previous flat owner had installed a condenser for 1 fan coil for one of the rooms. We gave that aircon away as it doesn't quite fit our needs and we can't use it in the utility room either as we have no more space for another condenser. As it was quite a new set, Nelson came to take down the fan coil and the condenser and fixed them over at our friend's new place. Not sure how much did he charge my friend for it.

About the type or brand to use, I'm sorry that I can't help you with that. :( Perhaps you want to check with Nelson.

Does Nelson install and get the aircon for u?

Installation by Nelson

Nelson came to run the trunking with another older man and he came back with the same assistant to re-run the trunking twice [my ID's fault - told Nelson to run the aircon differently to what we had instructed him to do so]. Last Friday, he came back with the same assistant and installed the condensers [x2] and fan coils [x5].

Pay by Credit Card

We had requested to pay for the aircons by credit card in order to make use of the low interest monthly repayment plan and that's why he brought us to the supplier to get the aircons.

Pay by Cash

If you pay cash for the installation and supply of the aircons, I suppose he will sort it out for you without you having to go and get the aircons like we did. I think he accepts cheque too as we gave him cheque payments for the servicing of aircons for years.

Can pass me his no? Thinking of getting a quote from him

Nelson's contact

Anyway, I have PM-ed you Nelson's contact.

Wah... that's a lot of diff...

Can recommend ur lobang?

I have PM-ed you Nelson's contact too.

Moving in soon......koon bay lok signing off.......instead of counting sheeps, end up counting outgoings :wacko:

Kastlekonfusion, thanks for the detail explaination and info...

I think i will call him very shortly.. haha

Which CC u use to pay for the installment? Thinking of paying installment too :P

How much a month?

For air-con only without installation, can call Gain City & Natural Cool. But just tell them you are contractor, if you ask from salesperson from showroom, be prepared to be quoted sky-high rates.

oh i remembered this from a popular thread

ask about unlimited trunking

copper pipes minimum GR23 grade

Minimum class 1 insulation 1/2 inch or can upgrade to 3/8 inch

and then u can ask abt the gas as well eg R22 or R410 gas

Minimum class 1 insulation 1/2 inch or can upgrade to 3/8 inch

1/2 inch insulation is supposed to be beta than 3/8 inch. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

FYI

Just signed to install the following aircon system:

Hall/Living - Daikin FT35DVM (12K x 2) $1780 nett

3 Bedrooms - Panasonic CU 3C20 HKH (9k x 3) $1699 nett

Total damage $3479 nett including installation, gst, removal of old system and using back the same piping. Using different systems due to usage pattern and also costing.

Hope it helps..........