Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
typhoonz

Water Heaters

If anyone want to change to shower head to pamper yourself in future, need to use storage tank....

For me, I never install any shower head...probably next time...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Me using Panasonic DH-211S currently. Eyeing on a durable storage water heater with a comprehensive leak-proofy warranty & favourable user reviews for the new house.

looking for storage heater, go for Joven.

10 yrs warranty leak proof, very fast heat up and long heat retention.

There is 1 model for each horizontal & vertical orientation.

JVA25-New.jpg JH25.jpg

JVA25 JH25

However, they come in different heating power: 1.5 kW and 3 kW.

hey there

thanks man

not so urgent yet and gota see whether contractor needs horizontal or vertical

think somebody quoted like 230 for the 25L one

but i will go check it out la

gota see whether contractor needs horizontal or vertical
I think the choice of orientation of the model depends on the placement position of the storage water heater relative to the position of cold water inlet & hot water outlet

think somebody quoted like 230 for the 25L one
Yea, it's about there. Depending on your location, Kong Tai for the west, Goh Ah Bee for the east. Edited by DSA

may i know for instant water heaters, are there any factors to consider b4 purchasing?

as in water pressure or anything? or all instant heaters works the same it's just the diff in price and design??

anyone using the alpha instant heater (the one that is the slimmest and a lot of colours)?

Hi all,

1) for gas heater, its details, specs, price, installation, refer to city gas:

http://www.citygas.com.sg/

2) for storage heater type, depending on the space you have in your toilet, you can either choose to install the vertical or horizontal type. eg. scenario: if you install shower head, the shower head has an installation instruction manual where drawings & specs of the shower head will be drawn and written. your contractor will use this to install the shower head. the shower head will be high and thus the room area from your shower head to the roof of the toilet will be limited so you will have to install the horizontal type.

3) to compare / understand the reasonable type of electrical applicances to use and their electricity consumption, you can refer to the following:

a) tips on home appliances

http://www.nccc.gov.sg/ELS/tips_intro.shtm#

b)Household: energy saving guide for consumers

http://www.nccc.gov.sg/Households/es_guide.shtm

c) The energy label

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2844

d) registration of energy label for aircon:

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

hope the above helps.

:)

In terms of cumulative electricity usage, storage water heaters [sWH] would use more electricity than instant water heaters [iWH] but SWH is heating up an entire tank of water, be it 15L, 25L, 35L or even 50L. So naturally, SWH consume more electricity than IWH. Moreover, water heated by SWH is hotter than that by IWH. Surely you've experienced showering on a cold day using a IWH and had to turn the knob all the way to the hot hot zone to enjoy reasonably hot water. The heat loss is much, much more in IWH than SWH as SWH has insulation to keep the water heated hot for a day or two. So ask yourself, what are u paying SP Services for the electricity your electrical home appliances consumes - it's to produce the heat, light, sound, coolness, coldness, information, entertainment, etc.

Using a simplest heating equation,

Input = Output + Heat Loss

Electricity + Water = Hot Water + Heat Loss

a point to note.

i have used instant heater and storage heater before. there are things to note of.

instant heater:

eg. when you want to shower, you on the electicity, turn the tap on and you will have instant hot water. initially may not be that cold but the heat comes on quite fast, maybe about 1 sec. the hot water comes on quite fast and instantly.

so when you need to use the next time, you do the same thing.

storage heater:

eg. you on the electricity to heat up the water. you wait for about 10 to 15 minutes for the water to heat up. when you turn on the tap, you have to let it run for about 5 sec before the hot water comes on. it has a longer waiting time than the instant heater and thus you kind of waste a bit of water. (tips: but you can use a pail to save the water for cleaning toilet or toilet bowls).

you have to regularly on the electricity about every 2 days or when the water is not hot anymore. the water will stay hot in the storage heater for about 1 to 2 days. so the next time you use, eg. the next day after you on the electricity, the water will still be warm on the 2nd day and you don't have to on the electricity.

if you have many toilets, many ppl in the household, many washing points that you want or have to use hot water, a storage heater will benefit.

eg. you want to have hot water to wash at basin, at toilet for showering, some have washing machine that can use hot water to wash clothes, etc.

but a need and a want is different. so have to consider and assess your choice carefully. this is in consideration of energy saving for the earth. the more outlet points that you want to have hot water, more electricity will consume and thus more energy used and will generate more heat to the environment. and finally help to contribute to global warming. do bear in mind that its a vicious cycle. :(

hope the above helps.

Hi, interested to find out which water heater brand do you recommend?

Saw the Panasonic (DH-3BB2S) and might be getting this. Haven't find out about the price yet though. Will be waiting for the rest of the electronics appliances to fill up my list then one shot I'll ask. Might be able to get a discount too...

Had a Rega model 118 installed recently, think $100+. Was thinking of using back 707 as the last one has lasted 13 yrs,but the saleman showed me the 707 heater element / coil nowaday made in Malaysia (nomore UK) and are all plastic. Therefore, the reliability has dropped.

Rega 118 has copper element with life time warranty and 12 difference voltage for water temp selection. So far, family happy using it and commented better than 707.

Had a Rega model 118 installed recently, think $100+. Was thinking of using back 707 as the last one has lasted 13 yrs,but the saleman showed me the 707 heater element / coil nowaday made in Malaysia (nomore UK) and are all plastic. Therefore, the reliability has dropped.

Rega 118 has copper element with life time warranty and 12 difference voltage for water temp selection. So far, family happy using it and commented better than 707.

Interested in buying this model. The saleman quote me $200+.

So, where did you purchase from ?

has anyone installed and is currently using the citygas water heater? any feedback? is it really cheaper?

what was the installation process like anyway ?

Hi, I am intending to buy 2 sets of the Rega 118, and am being offered $200+ for each set. Heard it is a rather good brand, though locally assembled. But new house buyers....so need to budget alot of things for reno and purchases. So possible to let me know where you purchased yours?

Thanks in advance! :D