Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I've currently engaged Ideal Interior Design to carry out renovation works for my house. I have read through the forums and saw that quite a number of users here had a very positive experience with this company.

However, my experience so far with the ID is a terrible one. So far, I have only been dealing with the ID and have not got in touch with any other IDs from the same company, so I can't comment on the company's ethics but as far as the ID is concerned - I wished I had engaged a direct contractor instead.

Hi,

Can you share the name of your ID? I met 1 ID from Ideal recently & considering them.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it is not easy to switch designer . at the end of the day you will still need to go their office and you will still bump into ur"ex" designer, later sure very ps

That's very true. The awkwardness of meeting the previous designer is just creepy.

Has everyone had a positive experience with Ideal Interior Design? Do let me know your designer. I want to make a switch.

it is not easy to switch designer . at the end of the day you will still need to go their office and you will still bump into ur"ex" designer, later sure very ps

I've currently engaged Ideal Interior Design to carry out renovation works for my house. I have read through the forums and saw that quite a number of users here had a very positive experience with this company.

However, my experience so far with the ID is a terrible one. So far, I have only been dealing with the ID and have not got in touch with any other IDs from the same company, so I can't comment on the company's ethics but as far as the ID is concerned - I wished I had engaged a direct contractor instead.

Edited by bioanarchism

Yes, a new 4 room standard flat. I think the problem lies with the salesperson. I too heard quite a few good comments from friends but somehow I think I met the wrong salesperson. The quote they gave me was not the highest of all but it's exceed our budget as we did some estimated calculation for the exclusion of some items listed above.

Oic ... Then gd luck to you. Maybe you can check with your ID ...

Yes, a new 4 room standard flat. I think the problem lies with the salesperson. I too heard quite a few good comments from friends but somehow I think I met the wrong salesperson. The quote they gave me was not the highest of all but it's exceed our budget as we did some estimated calculation for the exclusion of some items listed above.

Very tiny 4 room flat. Yes, the whole house excluding the kitchen. Most of the ID quoted me about $4K plus.

Hi diamondfericia,

Yours is it a new 4room flat? My house have been done by them, so far i find that their service, workmanship & pricing is pretty reasonable. I have make a few comparison before i shortlisted them. Some of the quote from other ID firms actually exceeded much more than what Ideal Design have given me. I am satisfied with the overall dealing with my ID, although there are minor hiccups along the way. But it was solved within a short period of time. Hence, a responsive ID is what a home owner should get!

Good luck to you on your reno :)

Hi Diamondfericia,

How big is your house ... ? $5400 cover which areas as in when you mean whole house ... ?

We waited about 2 weeks for their quotation after the meet-up. They finally sent us today and I spotted a few mistakes made by them or rather the salesperson who attend to us. I found their flooring is super expensive, 600X600 homogenous tiles for whole house cost about $5400 and only allow us to choose up to $3 psf.

And the huge mistake is the total amount doesn't tally with the items he quoted us. He calculated short of $705. He's seems abit anxious to meet us. Seriously, after reviewing the quotation, I found that he didn't include the plastering, electrical works, mis-calculated the measurements of the kitchen cabinets and master wardrobe, add in additonal stuffs which we doesn't want.

I heard good reviews from Ideal design too and I think we just met the wrong person.

We waited about 2 weeks for their quotation after the meet-up. They finally sent us today and I spotted a few mistakes made by them or rather the salesperson who attend to us. I found their flooring is super expensive, 600X600 homogenous tiles for whole house cost about $5400 and only allow us to choose up to $3 psf.

And the huge mistake is the total amount doesn't tally with the items he quoted us. He calculated short of $705. He's seems abit anxious to meet us. Seriously, after reviewing the quotation, I found that he didn't include the plastering, electrical works, mis-calculated the measurements of the kitchen cabinets and master wardrobe, add in additonal stuffs which we doesn't want.

I heard good reviews from Ideal design too and I think we just met the wrong person.

Edited by diamondfericia

Hihi, seems like IdealDesign is quite popular too.. but I can't quite figure out who I can approach yet. Anyone can give me some recommendations? Looking to shortlist 5-6 IDs and make an approach.

I copy & paste a part I've put up in other threads.

"Hi, I'm getting my new flat in Punggol soon and wish to do up the entire home..

I feel word-of-mouth and getting referred by clients of good IDs/Contractors will be a good start to get some quotations. Anyone here who feels your ID/contractor did a good job and deserves your recommendation? Can refer him to me? If there is a blog/photos to back-up, it will make the recommendation very much stronger than just mere words.

Appreciated~"

i met gregory once .. he seems nice enough but im waiting for his quotes and erm his "sincerity" hahhaa :P

hope it works .. im so sick of finding id/contractors