Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweetie76

Park Central @amk

Too right you are. Love the avatar. Digress from thread a second.... we on the verge of signing Robbie Keane

Cross my fingers that it will be a good signing. Less than 1 more month to new BPL season ... :dancingqueen: Oops... better dun digress from the thread.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Bedok new 4rm flat selling @ $400k, my husband already say.. siao..

sorry.. which brand new 4room @ bedok is 400K? I never heard such price. I think you might be mislead by others.

The latest flats -> Linear green @ bedok is priced the most at ard $340K.

400K, yes also.. but for 5 room.

Maybe i am wrong also. if wrong, please help to correct me. Thank you! :yamseng:

BTW, i find AMK DBSS rather a good price. Why i said that?

Cos take into account all the furinshing which will cost more than 20K. We just take 20K. 1st timer also 30K grant or even 40K grant if near parent mahz.

So total, we count $50K (20K furnishing + 30K grant)

Let say 16th floor bedok is selling at $340K, AMK is 500K.

AMK - 500- 50 = $450.

450 vs 350 = 100K diff . +/- the name of DBSS + pte development + 10 year warranty + location different . I think the diff is like.. maybe 30-40K lo.

I feel it is worth it if you grab it now.

My guts feel la....

well if you compare AMK with AMK

then the difference is there liao

a normal 4R in AMK vs a DBSS 4R

the price difference is at least $100k

can get real ID to design your dream home liao :notti:

Cross my fingers that it will be a good signing. Less than 1 more month to new BPL season ... :dancingqueen: Oops... better dun digress from the thread.

Ha ha. Barry signing has gone pear shaped by the looks of iy :bangwall:

BTW any idea what % of this new development has been sold :deal: Keeping to topic here :notti:

sorry.. which brand new 4room @ bedok is 400K? I never heard such price. I think you might be mislead by others.

The latest flats -> Linear green @ bedok is priced the most at ard $340K.

400K, yes also.. but for 5 room.

Maybe i am wrong also. if wrong, please help to correct me. Thank you! :yamseng:

BTW, i find AMK DBSS rather a good price. Why i said that?

Cos take into account all the furinshing which will cost more than 20K. We just take 20K. 1st timer also 30K grant or even 40K grant if near parent mahz.

So total, we count $50K (20K furnishing + 30K grant)

Let say 16th floor bedok is selling at $340K, AMK is 500K.

AMK - 500- 50 = $450.

450 vs 350 = 100K diff . +/- the name of DBSS + pte development + 10 year warranty + location different . I think the diff is like.. maybe 30-40K lo.

I feel it is worth it if you grab it now.

My guts feel la....

The entry point is still on the extreme high side. Developers are cashing in on the crest of the market. The question is, how much will this development be worth in the low cycle? On the other polel how much further upside is there? 3-5%? Anyone's guess.

First timers can also get grant for resle flat :notti:

My friend bought an EC in Woodlands and said that the quality of tiles, etc is not fantastice. Mass market stuff.

well if you compare AMK with AMK

then the difference is there liao

a normal 4R in AMK vs a DBSS 4R

the price difference is at least $100k

can get real ID to design your dream home liao :notti:

Did u take into account that there is no brand new AMK. You can only get a resale AMK with 40K grant. So it not fair to compare also.

AMK resale cannot compare with DBSS.

Brand new HDB vs DBSS - ok.

But DBSS got 40K grant if live near parent.

My friend bought an EC in Woodlands and said that the quality of tiles, etc is not fantastice. Mass market stuff.

La Casa huh?

well if one can afford the dbss, it's better to go for condo

maybe if a person who wants a brand new flat in AMK and can afford the flat can go for it

however, anyone going for the dbss and taking bank loan please take note

if the market goes south and the value of the flat is less than the outstanding loan

the bank WILL foreclose on the flat

you will loose the home you've been paying for, deposit and all

unless you can top up the difference which might even go up to tens of thousands :deal:

however, anyone going for the dbss and taking bank loan please take note

if the market goes south and the value of the flat is less than the outstanding loan

the bank WILL foreclose on the flat

you will loose the home you've been paying for, deposit and all

unless you can top up the difference which might even go up to tens of thousands :deal:

For bank loan - I am unsure. Never tested the water and do not know how it function.

However if you are young couple, the HDB loan should be able to service you. Take the HDB loan.

BTW, La Casa not bad leh... blue blue de... nice nice leh.

come to think of it,......really find the price too steep lor.

yday was talking to my hb, and after some talking talking.......we find that not worth paying half a mil for a HDB 4rm!

Atcually, for those who's considering buying, what would the upside be, say, in 10 years? Anyone dare to think HDB price will hit $700-800K? Even if it does, who can afford to buy over from you? But the downside is consistent. Property market has not cooled enough & inflation is on an all time high. Would you rather spend your additional money on food/getting a car or paying off HDB loans?

But if you want a roof over your head & dont mind paying $500K for the "view" & "location", then by all means, do your sums right before making the purchase.

Im also staying in AMK & though mine is not centrally located, the prices are still feverish. Come 2011, no one can predict where the property price will head.

The high prices one is paying is due to the high material costs. Land value remains consistent unless SLA do a revision on the land value. Then again, the apprecaition will not be so high. One thing for sure, whichever company that won the contract to do all the reno work must be laughing themselves to the bank.

Vince

I would like to think that HDB has awarded the reno of the flats to multiple vendors. I doubt it would be the lowest quote, prob mid-range. If there isn't a huge take up for the development, I am guessing that developers will have to lower the prices to make a sale. Afterall there will be an over supply of projects from 2010 onwards. If possible, maybe play a wait and see game.

well, for that kind of price i think you can get a very nicely done up resale 4R (maybe even 5R) around that area :notti:

And be like the guy in the next AMK resale thread hounded by loansharks?

Or

the other AMK resale thread guy , that said "jz saw a 7yrs old 5rm flat at Blk350 mid flr value at $530k asking for $25k cash, minimally furnished w/o aircon. is it worth going for it?"

Hmm... its arguable, but

Personally, a new flat is better than a resale flat, for the above reasons alone and even more if:

1) You are eligible for a CPF housing grant of $30k

2) Parent grant of $10k.

3) HDB loan.

4) Can't wait for 5 years or more to observe the property market's movements, and need a place to stay soon. This plot of land took almost 1 year to be launched and will take another 2 yrs to build at least.

New BTOs now would take ard 3 yrs to build.

By waiting for 2-3yrs for the property market to slide, including new flat building time would mean you have to wait at least 6 years more.

Judging via the market trend, you should. But can you? Not everyone can or will due to various commitments.

Not forgetting you also save on renovation costs, and the location of the apartment is better and in stronger demand than in Sengkang or Punggol.

If you're not happy with the renovations provided, you can simply use them for a few years and do a revamp renovation later. A good move in condition flat for new couples, who need to do minimal further spending.

If to stay, should be fine.

If you are talking about investment; a 500-600k unit that cant hold in AMK, would mean a 400+k flat in punggol or sengkang (going price for current BTOs) will plummet even more.

Do your sums and work it out. Its better if this is your 2nd HDB flat, no resale levy, and the proceeds of your previous home can be used to offset the price of this brand new apartment.

Comparisons have to be made in current conditions.

Saying I just bought a new private condo for cheaper than this amount 2 years ago isn't a fair statement, as we all know, that's before the property prices start rising in Singapore due to various reasons.

Brand new suburban condos with 3 bedrooms cant be found at 600k currently.

ie 99year leasehold Livia at Pasir Ris cost $800k and above, and you need to take a bank loan, no grant.

Edited by istarcon

It really depends on choice.

If anyone wants, can come and live in Simei area. 5I flats here aren't selling for 500k and above type...

at least thats to my knowledge.

Its always about choice. One can't have the best of all worlds.

I wouldnt want to pay $500psf for a condo wannabe HDB flat. Some nice condo at Sengkang eg The Crystal only going for slightly above this price when it was newly launch.