Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kuay5

Existing False Ceiling - Can Rewire Without Tear Down?

Hi as the title suggests, my new house has existing false ceiling with cornice on the false ceiling. But problem is ex-owner did not install lights in the false ceilings....

Can i just remove the cornices which are sitting on the FC and just add wiring and lights? Tearing down and re-doing is going to cost alot i think.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi as the title suggests, my new house has existing false ceiling with cornice on the false ceiling. But problem is ex-owner did not install lights in the false ceilings....

Can i just remove the cornices which are sitting on the FC and just add wiring and lights? Tearing down and re-doing is going to cost alot i think.

L-box?

hammering the cornice might damage the L-box also - might as well all go

Cornices on false ceiling? And no lights on false ceiling? Then where are the light? Cannot visualise.

I tot the purpose of having false ceiling is to hide the ugly wiring trunkings?

yes you can. all false ceiling, L-box, cornices can open holes to run wires and patched back with a new coat of paint, they will appear like new.

Cornices on false ceiling? And no lights on false ceiling? Then where are the light? Cannot visualise.

I tot the purpose of having false ceiling is to hide the ugly wiring trunkings?

Ya thats the problem, there is false ceiling to hide cables but the ex-owner did not install individual lights, he just attached afew hanging lights.

yes you can. all false ceiling, L-box, cornices can open holes to run wires and patched back with a new coat of paint, they will appear like new.

ok thanks, thats what i thought too. But the tricky part is that there is cornice below the false ceiling.. making the ceiling look very low. I plan to remove the cornice and install lights in false ceiling :yamseng:

I think if there are no major rewiring (ie no need to pull wire all the way from main points but just relocate), it should be ok...

But to remove the cornices will depend on how it was installed. If the cornices were up first then the false ceiling was affixed on the cornices, then that will be tricky.