Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Ceiling Fan Versus Standing/tower Fan

I belong to the group which prefers standing fans, because

1) more convenient and easier to clean. I wash them about every month and I don't have to climb up and down.

2) can turn to blow at wherever we are.

3) there are shadows from the ceiling fans, and it just doesn't make me feel comfy seeing something spinning above my head, especially when some hdb flats' ceilings are not exactly high

4) aesthetically speaking, I don't like to see a fan stuck on my ceiling. I like the ceiling bare

Having said all these, my MIL has a ceiling fan at her place. It is more breezy and quieter than a standing fan (especially at higher speed)...but at the end of the day, I still prefer standing fans (not tower fans though, tower fans are useless) :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Used both. From experience, if you want to go for ceiling fan for optimum cooling effect, go for the metal blade ones. If you want to combine looks and can overlook cooling, then the multi blade platic/wood is fine. For spot blowing directly to you, assuming your room is warm in the afternoon, table/stand fan is best. Of course the ultimate is air-con but with the price of electricity, it is a bad word these days.

here u go ilmare612 (at least i think it blends....hahahaha...)

p1010457zx3.th.jpg

p1010464kw6.th.jpg

p1010475mu2.th.jpg

Hey, no bad looking wor. Perhaps it's the light colour and simple design that blends into the facade of the ceiling. well done well done.

a compromise with look and wanting to be cool, just use aircon. can do away with ceiling fan (nice) and no need to have a white elephant (tower fan)

Oh, I forgot to mention...there will be aircon in the living room too. However, in view of the high electrical bills, a fan is still required too. hahaha...greedy me.

I'm a fan of ceiling fans. Hee. :)

Gonna have one in the living room and another in the MBR...Hubby agreed in the end cos I kept asking for it, also coz MBR not v big after putting the king sized bed, so ceiling fan helps to save precious floor space ;p

Hey, no bad looking wor. Perhaps it's the light colour and simple design that blends into the facade of the ceiling. well done well done.

Oh, I forgot to mention...there will be aircon in the living room too. However, in view of the high electrical bills, a fan is still required too. hahaha...greedy me.

thanks thanks...... ;)

actually i also have an a/c installed in the living room as well for those days when it's too hot or i have many ppl in the hse n the fan is not enough. anyway, IMO since install a/c in every room liao, might as well do the living rm otherwise next time do again very troublesome.

Not a fan of ceiling fan. Cleaning is already not very convenient plus the risk of accidents especially when I am quite tall. I just raise my hand and I can touch the fan already. Moreover it will be a sore eye if the whole thing is spoiled. I feel ceiling fan is not suitable for HDB flats unless you have a high ceiling.

Not a fan of ceiling fan. Cleaning is already not very convenient plus the risk of accidents especially when I am quite tall. I just raise my hand and I can touch the fan already. Moreover it will be a sore eye if the whole thing is spoiled. I feel ceiling fan is not suitable for HDB flats unless you have a high ceiling.

Hey hi Assassin, I cannot help but chuckle at your comments. Must copy and paste your reply to my FH :notti:

In all fairness, although I am on your side...the anti-ceiling-fan group, but they do have ceiling fans meant for low ceiling too. Think those should be safe for a tall person...I suppose.

erm ceiling fan approved for hdb only one type

i.e. those with 4" stub

the rest are only for private housing

heng me not very tall so pretty safe

another 2" before i hit the fan if i rise my hand :notti:

hi...i have a ceiling fan which can serve as a decorative icon when not in use, and when switch on, serve like a normal fan. will try to describe it. when switch off, the 'wings' close downwards, so shape like a upside down petals.

i tried to load photos...but i don't know how....

dsc01366he5.th.jpg

Edited by shark

think it's the 'blossom', the plastic transparent blades will close downwards right?

to load photos, just upload them to any photo sharing sites e.g. photobucket, image shack etc

then copy the image url and use the 'add image' function here :yamseng:

ok..i've figure out the loading..here it goes...

(1) when switch on....with light...

dsc01366he5.th.jpg

(2) when switch off...closing...

dsc01367sg7.th.jpg

(3)closed! no light

dsc01369xk0.th.jpg

(4) closed..with light....

dsc01370wf0.th.jpg

My FH have been most accommodating in meeting my requirement for our future home. Let just say he is quite a 'qing chai' person that goes with the flow as long as the price tag doesn't raise his brows. Familiar? I believe this must be very common among most couples.

However, there is one particular thing which he is quite insistent in getting...which I dread. It's a ceiling fan for our living room. I have always been a tower fan kinda gal as I find them more sleek and modern. Now...

anyone out there can please:-

1. Tell me the pros and cons of a ceiling fan and tower fan

2. Share some modern and decent looking fan with me on this thread to further convince me that a ceiling fan does not just belong to a school classroom in the 60s/70s/80s? hehehehe

Cheers

jus wanna share. i very "kah su". i got 5 ceiling fan 5 aircon installed just recently.

this is for dinning.

20062008263lt4.jpg

this is for living,

20062008264dp0.jpg

this is bedrm 3

20062008265hs1.jpg

this is for masterbed rm,

20062008267up0.jpg

this is for bed rm 2,

20062008266hj7.jpg

jus wanna share. i very "kah su". i got 5 ceiling fan 5 aircon installed just recently.

this is for dinning.

20062008263lt4.jpg

this is for living,

20062008264dp0.jpg

this is bedrm 3

20062008265hs1.jpg

this is for masterbed rm,

20062008267up0.jpg

this is for bed rm 2,

20062008266hj7.jpg

Wah!!! 5!!!! Steady pom pi pi boy!!! I am speechless :jawdrop:

ok..i've figure out the loading..here it goes...

(1) when switch on....with light...

dsc01366he5.th.jpg

(2) when switch off...closing...

dsc01367sg7.th.jpg

(3)closed! no light

dsc01369xk0.th.jpg

(4) closed..with light....

dsc01370wf0.th.jpg

Hmmm...interesting but just wondering...is this safe? HDB approved? I assume you are staying in one? Maybe I am wrong? kekeke