Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RawR

Bunny & Kitty Mini Lair

Kitchen Attempt 1

kitchenv1.jpg

• Left side full cupboard, right side top and base cupboard.
  • L-shape for sink, behind sink is the washing machine and the refuse chute (inside cupboard)
  • Lights to be place on the cupboards, so no trunking to the center =P
  • Above the refuse chute and washing machine cupboards, on the ceiling, install clothes hanger
  • Opposite refuse chute is the main toilet~

Colors

• Cupboard: Glossy Brown (something like ICI Gloss Finish Leather
  • Countertop: Corian Fossil (Beige with white and gray)
  • Walls: No tiles,. Wash & Wear Dainty Pink

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on your new house :dancingqueen: you have a flair in design and seems like you very much know how you want your reno to be :good:

just to share that your kitchen idea almost same as mine, share with you 1 pic ;)

3D

3rm_Blk231JURONGEAST_LP08050801_Kit.jpg

btw you may want to reconsider if you want to locate your refuse chute inside cupboard? think cleanliness and hygiene wise not so good leh..sumore the smell will be kept in the cupboard..mine is open, just left it at the same place on the side wall next to washing machine..

Edited by babytan

Hi babytan,

Thanks for sharing and your complement *^^*

I also thinking wanna put refuse in cupboard or not, reason y i put it inside was tt i saw someone in the forum say the cupboard can 'block-out' some noises from ppl throwing rubbish upstairs? by the way, new rubbish chute tight? i v scared kaka and rats D=

WAH~ your old house v similiar to mine leh! the floor same same just tt mine green, the toilet also same same w the scary pipes~ the arch also~

where u get your main door? so nice!

hmmm, seems like our final floorplan also quite similar ^^ i also planning to do walk-in wardrobe, but in 2 rows one side 650mm one side 350mm. Still work in progress, will do it later ^^

tempMBR.jpg

must go vivo now~ laterz

Congrats on your new house :dancingqueen: you have a flair in design and seems like you very much know how you want your reno to be :good:

just to share that your kitchen idea almost same as mine, share with you 1 pic ;)

3D

3rm_Blk231JURONGEAST_LP08050801_Kit.jpg

btw you may want to reconsider if you want to locate your refuse chute inside cupboard? think cleanliness and hygiene wise not so good leh..sumore the smell will be kept in the cupboard..mine is open, just left it at the same place on the side wall next to washing machine..

Dining Room

diningroom.jpg

• Table to flush with false wall (to hide pipe ><)
  • Inlay with Red Mosiac Tiles (30mm wide)
  • Two benches with storage inside
  • Left side = mirror

Colors

In Red, Gray and silver

Had updated my floor plan with all the funny protruding portion on the walls. Also changed the window position

Hi!

We've gotten our keys last year, but with the pending upgrade, had postponed our renovation plans. The upgrade will begin in Oct 08~ so finally time to make reno plans!

What HDB will be doing for us @ $2490 after gov subside =3

1. Replacement of existing squat pan to pedestal type

2. Replacement of existing pedestal with new pdestal

3. Floor retiling / tiling with water proofing

4. Wall retiling / tiling

5. Replacement of PVC Bi-fold door toilet doors including frame

6. Supply and install stainless steel grab bars

7. Replacement of toilet vents

8. Replacement of wash hand basins

9. Replacement of windows and grilles

10. Replacement of entrance gate

11. Change of waste pipe in toilets

12. Change of waste pipe in kitchens

13. Repair of spalling concrete to internal units

14. Replacement of existing pipe sockets to stainless steel clothes drying sockets

Will have to top up to change the windows **** room and br2 to sliding windows with the HDB contractor.

Thinking of getting a contractor to do up the place instead of ID. ^^

My Tentative Plans

Revised Floor Plan

floorplan-newstructure.jpg

Hi RawR,

Nice drawings! What software do you use?? I noticed you hacked off the storeroom.. you might need to plan where to store your vacuum cleaner and ironing board. I had the same considerations and the thought of creating a cabinet to store these things in the kitchen added additional cost. Just 2cents worth of my thoughts ;)

Telok blangah heights is expensive man! My hubby stays there and we wanted to get a unit too but COV was super high! How much was your damage?? Congrats on getting there! :bow:

hey rawr

ur reno concept very clean

am sure my wtb will love it too

cos she doesnt like anything too complicated

rather keep it simple

when u starting reno and moving in?

Congrats on your place! It's good that HDB can undertake some of the renovation for you. I think you'll save a small bundle!

Just to share my experience on dustbin with you.

My parents place (different configuration altogether) is nicely stored away inside a cabinet. It looks really neat and tidy but the consequence is a somewhat stinky cabinet. In fact, when I'm over at their place, I tend to keep the cabinet open just to air it a little. And you can still hear people tossing things down the chute even though they're on the top floor.

My place (exact same configuration as yours, 3-room resale, 1970s design) didn't have a cabinet to seal up the chute. I didn't do it firstly because of cost (didn't want to pay for my kitchen cabinets/solid surface to extend all the way to the window with only a 10cm depth) and later on, for ease of cleaning. Every now and then I actually pour scalding hot water into the chute area and then follow-up with insecticide. Moved in for almost 3 months and so far the only cockroach we've had came in from the living room window, not kitchen-side. It's certainly quite an eyesore to see a dustbin in the middle of the wall but you quickly get used to it and by this point, the ease of tossing rubbish/stuff negates the ugliness IMO.

Hi zeegi,

Thanks! I am using google sketchup with a plugin renderer Podium

I planned to put the ironing board in the wardrobe actually, the right side (35cm). As for the vacuum, thinking of placing it on the tall side of the shoe cabinet, about 45 x 37cm space. Haven't go check if the vacuum can actually fit in tt space though =O\P

We actually got it way below market price in Jan 07 from HDB in WIS ^^

Think the price shot up because of the new 3RM tt HDB gonna build there ><

Hi RawR,

Nice drawings! What software do you use?? I noticed you hacked off the storeroom.. you might need to plan where to store your vacuum cleaner and ironing board. I had the same considerations and the thought of creating a cabinet to store these things in the kitchen added additional cost. Just 2cents worth of my thoughts ;)

Telok blangah heights is expensive man! My hubby stays there and we wanted to get a unit too but COV was super high! How much was your damage?? Congrats on getting there! :bow:

Thanks Jessie ^^

wow...nice design and color combination!

Thanks! I also prefer a simplier design and lines, easier to clean =P

Planning to start the reno in Dec or so, move in maybe end Jan 09, hoping to get all done before CNY (26, 27 Jan), then can invite friends over for CNY celebration + housewarming.

hey rawr

ur reno concept very clean

am sure my wtb will love it too

cos she doesnt like anything too complicated

rather keep it simple

when u starting reno and moving in?

Hi hposnm,

Think there are pro and cons to it. We gotta wait a year before moving in after we got the place~ and have to go by the HDB design for the toilets =P

Think with what you and babytan said about the dustbin, I really should reconsider the dustbin. X_X

Won't be able to see the 'washing area' from the living room with the splashback taller i guess =3

Thanks for the tip on keeping the chute insect free. I hate cockroaches..... especially when they fly X_X"

Congrats on your place! It's good that HDB can undertake some of the renovation for you. I think you'll save a small bundle!

Just to share my experience on dustbin with you.

My parents place (different configuration altogether) is nicely stored away inside a cabinet. It looks really neat and tidy but the consequence is a somewhat stinky cabinet. In fact, when I'm over at their place, I tend to keep the cabinet open just to air it a little. And you can still hear people tossing things down the chute even though they're on the top floor.

My place (exact same configuration as yours, 3-room resale, 1970s design) didn't have a cabinet to seal up the chute. I didn't do it firstly because of cost (didn't want to pay for my kitchen cabinets/solid surface to extend all the way to the window with only a 10cm depth) and later on, for ease of cleaning. Every now and then I actually pour scalding hot water into the chute area and then follow-up with insecticide. Moved in for almost 3 months and so far the only cockroach we've had came in from the living room window, not kitchen-side. It's certainly quite an eyesore to see a dustbin in the middle of the wall but you quickly get used to it and by this point, the ease of tossing rubbish/stuff negates the ugliness IMO.

Congrats on your coming wedding! :yamseng:

4 more months ^^

Just read your blog~ u v good shopper leh! Wish my hb will go shopping w me too... he keep thinking too early lar, haven't even get the final design confirm =X

same!!

hope to finish my reno by end oct

we want to have a housewarming in Nov

and then xmas celebration

after that wedding in Jan!!

On Request of Quotations and Quotations

28 July: Sent out Emails with request for quotation to Ea***st In****or, R*y, P***h L****g, Id**l H**se, H* B**

30 July: Recieved mail from Id**l H**se from P***r, saying he won't be able to provide quote within two weeks. No other mails till now

4 July: Recieved quotations from H* B**

5 July: Recieved quotations from Ea***st In****or

The rest, no replys? X_X

Edited by RawR

Quotation Recieved @ $33000 excluding electrical work, tv console and other works not quoted

(A) Demolition Work

90 Hacking of 2 bedrooms and 1 storeroom door & frames

550 Hacking of floor finish and skirting for living room, BR1, BR2 and storeroom

500 Hacking of kitchen’s wall finish & floor finish and skirting

80 Hacking of kitchen’s build-in tiled sink

180 Hacking of wall between kitchen & living room

180 Hacking of wall between storeroom & BR1

(B) Wet Works

450 Topping up of kitchen floor to level with living room using extruded polystyrene foam (EPF)

150 Laying of waterproofing membrane at kitchen

360 Supply and construct 50mm cabinet, washing machine and fridge base, with tiles (Note: Total of 6.7m length)

Construct main entrance kerb

© Plumbing Works

580 Replacement of standard copper piping for kitchen

120 Supply and install water concealed inlet pipe for sink in kitchen

Supply and install water concealed outlet pipe for sink in kitchen

80 Supply and install water concealed inlet pipe for washing machine in kitchen

Supply and install water concealed outlet pipe for washing machine in kitchen

Supply labour to install 1 no washing machine tap

120 Supply labour to connect water pipe for 2 sets instant heaters

(D) Floor Works

300 Provide and lay tiles for the 3 step up to the house

800 Provide and lay homogenous tiles (600mmx600mm) at kitchen c/w skirting (please indicate the maximum tile’s price psf available for choosing)

2800 Provide and lay ceramic wall (300mmx600mm) finish at kitchen (please indicate the maximum tile’s price psf available for choosing. Please also quote the price to paint all kitchen wall with ICI Wash and Wear Paint instead of tiling)

3500 Supply and laying of homogenous tiles (600mmx600mm) **** room,BR1, BR2 and storeroom c/w skirting (please indicate the maximum tile’s price psf available for choosing)

(E) Electrical Works

Rewire of whole house

Supply and install new electric box

Supply labour to install electric plug point (please indicate cost per point)

Supply labour to install lighting point (please indicate cost per point)

Supply labour to install lights for cove lighting (indicated in ceiling work)

Supply labour to connect 2 instant heater

Supply labour to connect hob in kitchen cabinet

Supply labour to connect hood into kitchen cabinet

Supply labour to connect door bell

Supply labour to extend telephone line and SCV line to BR1 and BR2

(F) Wall Works

1150 Plaster of whole unit wall, including the wall beside the steps up to the unit

120 Wall up of vents above BR1, BR2 doors.

Wall up of old aircon installation at BR1

240 Supply and install new wall for storeroom (where the door used to be)

(G) Ceiling Works

380 Install Cove lighting with light holder for living room (29 foot run)

120 Install false ceiling for living room (51 sq ft)

100 Install false ceiling for bedroom 1 (42 sq ft)

400 Install Cove lighting with light holder for bedroom 1 (30 ft run)

560 Install Cove lighting with light holder for bedroom 2 (42 ft run)

Plastering of whole unit ceiling

(H) Supply Labour

Labour to install cooker hood & hob

Labour to install build-in oven and microwave in floor-to-ceiling cabinet

Labour to install sink

(I) Carpentry Work

3700 Design & fabricate kitchen cabinet in ABS trimming laminated doors c/w. Base cabinet 20 foot run, wall cabinet 11 foot run, floor-to-ceiling cabinet 6 foot run. Include designed handles, cutlery tray, lazy susan for corner base cabinet and all internal shelves (please quote by per foot run)

1520 Solid surface worktop 19 foot run (please quote by per foot run)

180 Provide and install frosted glass panel backing at cooker hob

100 Provide and install frosted glass splashback behind sink

1650 Provide and install glass door between Kitchen and Living Room, 9ft (W) x Ceiling Height

300 Fabricate Dining Room box-up wall, 8ft (L) x Ceiling Height x 7” (W)

680 Fabricate Dining Room suspended table, 3ft6” x 3ft8”

980 Fabricate Dining Room 2 benches, 3ft8” (L) x 1ft4” (W) x 1’1” (H) each

1020 Supply and install mirror at Dining Room, opposite box-up wall 2.431m (W) x 2.643m (H)

Fabricate TV console with glossy laminated finishes (2layers)

770 Fabricate Shoe Rack with glossy laminated finishes 5ft 6” (L) x 2ft 11” (H) x 1 ft 6” D

400 Box-up **** room window with glossy laminated finishes 5” (L) x 5ft 8” (H) x 5” (D) & 3” (L) x 5ft 8” (H) x 1ft 6” (D)

2210 Fabricate Wardrobe with glossy laminated finishes 2m (L) x 0.58m (W) x Ceiling Height & 2m (L) x 0.35m (W) x Ceiling Height.

380 Supply and install mirror at bedroom (0.87m x 2.643m)

800 Provide and install sliding door between wardrobe and BR1 (1.8m width)

(J) Painting Works

1000 To paint whole house with Nippon Paint, including the wall beside the steps up to the unit (Light & Space Paint) (Please indicate max choose of paint colors)

150 To paint whole house copper/pvc pipes with Nippon Gloss Paint

To paint or varnish whole house door frames with Nippon Gloss Paint

To paint or varnish whole house doors, main door included with Nippon Gloss Paint

(K) Miscellaneous Items

Laying of floor protection after completion of flooring

Provide and install fire approved main door

180 Provide and install new refuse chute

150 Chemical washing for whole unit

General cleaning upon completion

0 All permit application

150 Debrise removal

(K) Other Items Not in Request for Quotation

180 Discard existing kitchen cabinet and clear off site

550 Supply sand and haulage material to door step

240 Patch up and make good store and kitchen after demolishing works

350 Apply 1 layer oil base sealer for whole unit wall and ceiling

400 Supply and install 2 pcs solid timber door frames

700 Supply and install 2 pcs solid timber Veneer flush door c/w lockset and stopper

350 Fabricate and install laminate backing between sink and washing machine

ELECTRICAL QUOTES

Ext 1 no 5Amp lighting/fan point @$30

Labour fee to install per lighting fitting @$10

Labour fee to install per ceiling fan @ $40

Ext 4 nos 13Amp single switch socket outlet @$45

Ext 1 nos 13 Amp double switch socket outlet @$55

Ext 1 no 15Air-con point @$90

Ext 1 no 20Amp heater switch @$90

Ext 1 no Tel point @$50

Earth bonding to water and gas pipe @$60

Cooker and hob switch @$80