Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Anyone Install Sarong Cradle?

must plan early early :P thinkin of getting my ID to install one for me in case need.. wonder if anyone doing this for ur new house now? wonder if new HDB's ceiling can sustain the weight of babies?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha.. okok last question abit stupid. so the new hDB walls ceiling are tough enuf? hope it doesnt crack easily. my walls are already cracking less than 1 year after HDB patched for me.

haha.. okok last question abit stupid. so the new hDB walls ceiling are tough enuf? hope it doesnt crack easily. my walls are already cracking less than 1 year after HDB patched for me.

Hi, i've a nasty experience of the sarong cradle falling down with my son sleeping in it. Luckily, i always put a mattress underneath just in case. It's not the ceiling's fault but it's the contractor who didn't do a good job. So parents please make sure you check the hook often and ALWAYS put a mattress beneath the cradle.

if super kiasu, then do 2 hooks. Yeah, I'm gonna do one for new house.

i also tinkin abt it too but never mind lah 1 shld be enuf. :) at most only use 1 at a time mah hee..

why not buy the stand? then u can hv use the motorised type :P

considerin but hor kinda ex leh i tink take up space also. cannot fold and keep rite?

Hi, i've a nasty experience of the sarong cradle falling down with my son sleeping in it. Luckily, i always put a mattress underneath just in case. It's not the ceiling's fault but it's the contractor who didn't do a good job. So parents please make sure you check the hook often and ALWAYS put a mattress beneath the cradle.

this is one of my worry abt the ceiling. or rather the hook problem.

okok will take note :D thanks for the advice!

Once, I replace the spring to a brand new double coils spring, guess what happen?

Just as I place my 5 months old girl onto the sarong, then 'pom', my girl on the marble floor, the brand new double springs broke into 2.

So, to instal ceiling mounted cradle:

check ceiling

use heavy duty wallplug - the thk wall black coloured type and replace its hook to stainless steel type.

check spring, its hook and hanger

the joining and material of the sarong

Lastly, it is never good to place too young infant on sarong, too strong 'rocking' that the child 'black out' and one thing u people may not agree with me is this 'rocking' action can cause the child to have hernia.

Edited by gladyslim

for me i would prefer the stand ...can fold and keep but lazy me nv do that at all ...only kept it when my gal wean off the sarong

stand is easier also cos u can push it ard dun hv to be stationary at one place