Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all can anyone please pm me dave or angeline's contact? after reading all the good comments, im really interested in this id firm too..

thanks a lot!!

Hahaha, yup. I did observe Dave when i went to their office. From the comments here i knew that Angeline was more suitable for me !! So far all my touch ups have been down except for painting will will be done by this week. Shld be paying the last 10% soon. lolz

eneri: Any photos of your place? i will be doing my reno blog soon !!:)

Hey Lyrehs, I am not good at photo taking but Dave has did a photo shoot at our place last month. Great to hear that U will be starting your own blog soon, mind sharing your pixs ? !! When will be the handover?

Wah...seems everyone of Dave's customers has the same impression about him. !!

Weekeong66 - orrr...you call Dave "gangster"...and yourself one as well! !! We used to think he's quite "Ah Beng" as well, but he's actually not... just loud that's all (sometimes can be quite scary). Haha...

Eneri - agrees he makes an effort to update, but sometimes quite forgetful (in our case, there were certain things we told him before, still forget...hehe...but at least he's not pissed when we remind him again and again)...not sure if you had the same experience? Like you, we also have tight deadline, quite amazed by Intra's speed...workmanship remains to be seen, hopefully as good as many of you have said.

Okynot - ya, sometimes difficult to handle! (refer to the quite scary part above...hehee) Like got mood swings... but i think he doesn't take it to heart if there's slight conflict / unhappiness...

So it seems it's quite consistent - he treats customers like friends, but still maintaining a good level of professionalism. We do hope that our remaining experience with him, and any future encounters, will be just as enjoyable.

Hi PLN -i agree there are time where certain things he tends to forget and we will try to remind him. But we try not to push him too hard as we understand he is a busy man. Imagine handling so many projects at the same time and its really not easy to remember all owners' requests. My experience was he will usually try call his men right away to "settle" our requests after one or second reminders.

I am really grateful that Angeline is willing to do my reno even though my budget is low. We know that she has good colour sense, hence we trust her and leave it to her to choose the colours for our walls and materials for our fixtures. She even helped us choose the colours and materials of our curtains. Really good services from them. :bangwall:

I can see Dave's designs are 'loud' and daring, same as his character...haha :(

Angeline's design is of particular refinement or elegance.

:bangwall:

Both have their pros.

Wah...seems everyone of Dave's customers has the same impression about him. :D

Weekeong66 - orrr...you call Dave "gangster"...and yourself one as well! :help: We used to think he's quite "Ah Beng" as well, but he's actually not... just loud that's all (sometimes can be quite scary). Haha...

Eneri - agrees he makes an effort to update, but sometimes quite forgetful (in our case, there were certain things we told him before, still forget...hehe...but at least he's not pissed when we remind him again and again)...not sure if you had the same experience? Like you, we also have tight deadline, quite amazed by Intra's speed...workmanship remains to be seen, hopefully as good as many of you have said.

Okynot - ya, sometimes difficult to handle! (refer to the quite scary part above...hehee) Like got mood swings... but i think he doesn't take it to heart if there's slight conflict / unhappiness...

So it seems it's quite consistent - he treats customers like friends, but still maintaining a good level of professionalism. We do hope that our remaining experience with him, and any future encounters, will be just as enjoyable.

haha.. Ya.. i understand what u meant by 'loud'.. :P

It's his character, cos he's pretty humourous lo and got me laughing sometimes..haha..

and sometimes a little 'louder' just to 'disturb' u only. He don meant it. :notti:

But when comes to work, he's still serious and pro..

Me and weekeong66 have the same character, can joke and laugh very loudly one... no image..hahahah :rolleyes:

So which stage of reno you're in now? :unsure:

Hi lyrehs

I think alot of people get to know about Intradesign thru the forum because i was one of them too! :lol: As I have mentioned, Dave is our ID and it didnt took us long before we decided to enage him. Infact, we have decided to enage him as our ID during our 2nd appointment. What really impressed me was the design he has proposed.

We have started our renovation in late Dec last year. Initially, we were quite worried as we hope to move in to our new place before CNY and I was afraid that Dave was not able to meet our tight schedule. To our surprise, he has made it in time. Of course there were some defects but his men are efficient enough to rectify within a few days.

Communicating with him is never a problem and like PLN said, either U hate his style or U love it. For me, i feel comfortable as I am able to tell him what I have in mind. And he is always very frank to me if my ideas are not going to work or not practical. To me he is more like a friend than just an ID.

To date, there are no problems after the renovation and even if there is, i am confident there wont be any problems reaching them as i have heard so many feedback about their excellent after sales service, rite?

:P

Hahaha, yup. I did observe Dave when i went to their office. From the comments here i knew that Angeline was more suitable for me :) So far all my touch ups have been down except for painting will will be done by this week. Shld be paying the last 10% soon. lolz

eneri: Any photos of your place? i will be doing my reno blog soon :):)

Wah...seems everyone of Dave's customers has the same impression about him. :dunno:

Weekeong66 - orrr...you call Dave "gangster"...and yourself one as well! :jawdrop: We used to think he's quite "Ah Beng" as well, but he's actually not... just loud that's all (sometimes can be quite scary). Haha...

Hi guys..

Glad that everyone is enjoying the reno process! :P

Minor hiccups bound to have sometimes.. but seeing the outcome really will ease ur worries! :)

Mine was with dave and i like the outcome. No matter with dave or angeline, our house were in safe hands. Most importantly, we must feel comfortable with the person we working with.. :blink:

Hi all,

I just completed my Reno by Intra design’s Angeline. Overall, I am a satisfied customer although there is still a lot of touch up works to be done.

I got to know about Intra from this forum. Thanks to everyone who wrote about their personal experiences with them and other IDs.

It took 2 visits to Intra for me to decide to engage them. Paid the deposit and Reno started in May.

Generally what we did was to:

Hacking:

Removal of all floor laminates

Removal of all tiles – floor + wall

Hack off all built in stuff

Carpentry:

Walk in wardrobe (20 feet plus 6 feet drawers))

Shoe cabinet (think about 6 to 8 feet?)

Kitchen with solid surface top + solid surface basin + island (13ft +4 ft island)

TV console (or is called TV cabinet? 8 feet)

Wall to wall cabinet in master bedroom with slot in doors (17 feet)

Others:

Tile whole house. Include walls in bathroom etc

Paint whole house

Changed windows

Rewire whole house

Change all doors – some wood, some glass

Change main gate

Add shower kerbs

Redo piping

Add glass panels

False ceiling

Piping

Think that’s about it? Can’t really remember all the details.

Here’s a summary of my experience:

Pros:

• Workmanship is good. Excellent, even. Even the people from the TV Company said that my TV console was super solid and good for mounting the TV. Only problem was that since my entire family consists of shorties, the eye level of the TV is a bit higher than what is ideal.

• Renovation completed within specified time. There were many IDs who told me it would take 3 months to complete my Reno. I was like…I can’t wait that long leh…

• No need to worry about anything…I only visited my place less than 5 times

• Angeline can settle most issues for you. For example, I did not choose my lights at all. Was busy so let her do it.

• Most, and almost all of the workers were Chinese. So, less communication barriers. They were also very friendly and helpful. They kept coming back to do minor rectifications, and even stayed till 9pm just to adjust the hinge of my cupboard.

• I made a LOT of changes throughout the Reno process. Kept adding stuff, then removing, and then adding again. Yet, Angeline was always very patient about it. She would also give me her feedback on whether it was feasible. I prefer this in an ID, rather than someone who just tells me Yes, Yes, Yes but at the end of the day, is not able to produce results.

• Excellent after-sales service. I got them to make changes here and there, like add a single electrical point, and it was done the next day. Didn’t like the paint color I originally chose as well, so it was changed FOC.

Cons:

• Delays here and there. These were all small issues, but did cause a certain level of irritation. I have a glass panel that was too narrow because the glass guy made errors in the measurements.

• Major issue I had was that just one day before the handover, I went to my place to check up on the progress of the renovation. There were still workers there and I was inspecting the workmanship when I noticed some people coming into my place. I was horrified that there were total strangers coming into my place without my knowledge and demanded to know whom they were. In the end, it was Angeline’s colleague…. Apparently, they wanted to bring their customer to see my tiles, as I am the only one using it. I was like…wth….how can you bring people to my place without letting me know? I would not have minded if I was informed but the problem was that no one asked for permission. If I did not come, would that have meant that everything is ok? I mean…it’s still my place lor…although you are my ID that does not mean I handover all my ownership rights to you. At that point, this line from a movie kept popping into my brain…”Blatant disrespect!:blink:!” Don’t know whether I am over reacting?

• Very few updates unless I sms Angeline or if something crops up.

Conclusion:

I hope this info is useful to those who are considering Intra. I know that renotalk played a major part in my decision as to which ID I chose. Basically, like someone else said, when you engage Intra, you must trust them. I had an enjoyable Reno experience - minimal stress..heehee and hope others can say the same too!

Hi lyrehs

I think alot of people get to know about Intradesign thru the forum because i was one of them too! :) As I have mentioned, Dave is our ID and it didnt took us long before we decided to enage him. Infact, we have decided to enage him as our ID during our 2nd appointment. What really impressed me was the design he has proposed.

We have started our renovation in late Dec last year. Initially, we were quite worried as we hope to move in to our new place before CNY and I was afraid that Dave was not able to meet our tight schedule. To our surprise, he has made it in time. Of course there were some defects but his men are efficient enough to rectify within a few days.

Communicating with him is never a problem and like PLN said, either U hate his style or U love it. For me, i feel comfortable as I am able to tell him what I have in mind. And he is always very frank to me if my ideas are not going to work or not practical. To me he is more like a friend than just an ID.

To date, there are no problems after the renovation and even if there is, i am confident there wont be any problems reaching them as i have heard so many feedback about their excellent after sales service, rite?

:P

Hi all... we're coming to the 4th week of renovation. Yup, IntraDesign as well, after hearing so many good comments about them from other forums. :P Designer = Dave (seems to be getting less reviews than his staff Angeline....heehee....) :blink:

So far, despite minor hiccups here and there, and despite our fussiness, the reno experience has been quite enjoyable. We're very impressed with the speed of work, and the people working on the various parts (electricity, tiling, plumbing, painting, carpentry etc etc) are all very nice people, and do their work very seriously too. Really appreciate that!

Dave, as many of his customers have mentioned, is a very frank, decisive and sometimes not-very-polite guy. But he's very candid, we're starting to get used to his style.. in fact, he makes us laugh, which is not something we'd have expected from an ID...heehee... :D All in all, i think he's someone you'll either hate or love... if you click with him, the reno experience should be quite fun.

Hi PLN,

Must say I really agree with u. Minor hiccups here and there are bound to have, but the attitude of his people when they come to do the final touch up, I'm impressed. Thumbs up also for Dave's design, not just for my house but also for the other houses I visited under his hand. :dunno:

Dave can be v fun but can also be difficult to handle at times. But it is this candid style of his that remove the distant feeling tat u are a customer and make us candid with him too. Overall, quite enjoy the reno process. :)

Hi all... we're coming to the 4th week of renovation. Yup, IntraDesign as well, after hearing so many good comments about them from other forums. :good: Designer = Dave (seems to be getting less reviews than his staff Angeline....heehee....) :D

So far, despite minor hiccups here and there, and despite our fussiness, the reno experience has been quite enjoyable. We're very impressed with the speed of work, and the people working on the various parts (electricity, tiling, plumbing, painting, carpentry etc etc) are all very nice people, and do their work very seriously too. Really appreciate that!

Dave, as many of his customers have mentioned, is a very frank, decisive and sometimes not-very-polite guy. But he's very candid, we're starting to get used to his style.. in fact, he makes us laugh, which is not something we'd have expected from an ID...heehee... :D All in all, i think he's someone you'll either hate or love... if you click with him, the reno experience should be quite fun.

Hi PLN

I totally agreed and i do share the same sentiment with U ...!

Yes, we have completed our renovation few months ago at JW and my experience with him was a good one. He is a very efficient, responsive and sometimes a funny guy. We did not really need to call him always or monitor the reno process as he has always made an effort to update us every now and then. He has also given us some good & valuable advices during the renovation process. Indeed, no regrets!

Hi all... we're coming to the 4th week of renovation. Yup, IntraDesign as well, after hearing so many good comments about them from other forums. :) Designer = Dave (seems to be getting less reviews than his staff Angeline....heehee....) :unsure:

Dave, as many of his customers have mentioned, is a very frank, decisive and sometimes not-very-polite guy. But he's very candid, we're starting to get used to his style.. in fact, he makes us laugh, which is not something we'd have expected from an ID...heehee... ;) All in all, i think he's someone you'll either hate or love... if you click with him, the reno experience should be quite fun.

Hi PLN,

Ya have to agree with you, i also engage Dave (gangster boss of intra Design)to reno my place... yes he he the type of ppl that u either hate or love...so far i have been very happy with his work and pattern and didnt regret getting him, cos i also like tat wan :D ...if you are easy going, he will also be nice to you...