Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shark

Anyone Hack Off Existing Bathtub?

hi..my new place master bedrrom toilet has a vanity, standing shower area, another bathtub, and of course a toilet bowl. i intend to hack off the bathtub cos we don't use and use that rectangle area as shower area with sliding glass door. thus, we will hack off also the existing standing shower area. anyone does this before?

questions

1) any post renovation problem in hacking off the bathtub and convert to shower area? eg, water pooling at drainage area?

2) what do you do with the existing standing shower area which has been hack off?

3) can show your bathroom photos?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We decided to do the reverse and removed the shower to use the bathtub.

The area where shower was is now used for storage, we put this IKEA corner rack there. Quite nice.

But the bathtub got a problem and is leaking now :( So nowhere to bathe :bath:

(1) Our place is under renovation at the moment. We hacked off the bathtub and made a standing shower with the area. There would not be water pooling at the drainage area as the floor would have a gentle slope towards the floor water trap. Also, remember to ask your contractor to build a curb either a step up or step down to prevent splashing to the WC bowl area and surronding areas. A shower screen would help too. No post reno prob as my old place is still having a standing shower.

(2) The existing shower area could be turned into a storage area for your linens (dry towels), supplies (toilet rolls etc)

(3) Will upload the photos when available.

Cheers

Edited by bswpy