Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merly

Which Contractor To Chose?

Hope somebody can advise...

Which contractor should I choose?

A => I like his honesty, experience, promptness & detailness; but the quality & skill of his workers not that good compared to contractor B

B => I like the quality & skill of his worker (the end result of the renovated house), but I dun really prefer the personality of this contractor to contractor A (Give me a feel that he is not very honest)

Which one should I choose?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A => I like his honesty, experience, promptness & detailness; but the quality & skill of his workers not that good compared to contractor B

B => I like the quality & skill of his worker (the end result of the renovated house), but I dun really prefer the personality of this contractor to contractor A (Give me a feel that he is not very honest)

must you choose between the 2? why cant you find another contractor that you are more comfortable with?

Erm, wait, you are going to engage the contractor to do up your house, or you want to marry him?? Oops...pun intended. :P

Of course choose the contractor with better quality! You are going to live in the house created by him leh, but after the works you won't contact him liao, what for care about his 'honesty'??

Just make sure you manage him well, outwit him on his dishonest approach and be wary of his moves/charges lor...

I think you should look for another one.

yeah, choose another one lah, both dun sound good enough! they wan to earn ur $, its only right they treat u well mah!... but if the personalty is not good, wat for u consider this contractor? u r only encouraging his bad character if u choose him

Edited by mud3210

Firstly i feel strongly that this sentence ( HE wants ya $ so he is good to you ) is ENTIRELY WRONG

contractor is good to you is becox he want ya money

correct but you also wish to revamp ya house so u find him

and if he is good to u , u cant say he wants ya money

u ARE READY TO GIVE HIM THE MONEY the worthwhile money ( the money regardless of any amount

of money ) as long as u are comfortable to engage him... To use money to engage a person whom vcan renovate ya house until ya standard and a person whom u can feel comfortable with...

so when ever u ask for a quotation keep in mind that the contractors are just doing their job

ya role is to select one u feel that u can pass ya house key for him

Can't really answer your question but it really boils down to your personality.

For example, if you are not the person to 'control' the contractor and need him to be helpful and honest during the course of the reno work then Contractor A would probably suit you better. But be prepared for some slip up and shoddy workmanship.

But if you can firmly and tacfully 'control' the contractor in his 'sleazy' traits then Contractor B would be better and you get a more nicely done up project, with less supervision required for you to be on-site to ensure that issues go smoothly.

It isn't easy to decide of course, as you still have a reno budget to keep to.

Guest Chern38

i think is hard to selest a good and reliable contractor who can provide a good skills and workmanship...however it's piece of advice....why don't u try another one...so far i am one of the lucky person..my house renovation completed by a good & responsible contractor..eventhough he is not an ID..but end up we selected him as our house renovator,my hubby quite likes his personality.....everything's fine and smooth.....finally Andrew able to handover the house to us with a little bit delayment of touch up...

so, if u want to do your house well n nicely..can try to pm him, ANDREW (*********)...............

*Pls do not solicit business - admin

How would you know if A is really honest ? He could be smiling at you and at the same time chopping you haha no offence just telling you what i feel. If the price is the same, you dont need a rocket scientist to tell you which to choose.

It all really depends on your gut feel after doing some homework.

But always remember, cheap doesn't mean good. And good doesn't come cheap.

But if its not cheap and not good, then forget it, screw your renovation company.

Chinese have this saying:" Want Cheap, got cheap way of doing."

Pian Yi You Pian Yi De Zhuo Fa (loosely translated).

So you can't expect top grade materials for the price of a song.

But the attitude of the renovation company MUST be good no matter how cheap the price is. my 2cents worth of view.