Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dove

Tv Feature Wall - Is It Really Necessary?

can ask who here has done a tv feature wall? cos understand that many prefer to use the feature wall to cover their bomb shelter, which is not so much of a prob for me cos my HSS is not at one of my living area walls.

n wud u prefer to buy or custom make a tv console? cos given the quality in ready made ones, built in ones are definitely more ex.

was quoted $1.650 and $1,000 for a 8ft feature wall and console respectively. that is v ex i wud say.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dove, I also did feature wall, 7 ft for TV console and 6 ft for the 'wall'...

Its quite cheap...

renopics019.jpg

Cheap mah? LOL! I think not... market rate maybe. Mine is about 1300 :)

Edited by perpentual

buying off the shelve will be a lot cheaper.

Saw a few at Ikea but quite bulk type

Mine was 1260 with mirror insert( change to glass) 6FT x Full Height

Edited by Dazzle08

Feature walls are really the bulk of the ID's income, quite obviously.

You see they always quote 'price per sqft' for other carpentry works like kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, etc. But when comes to feature walls, its always a lump sum above $1K. But that's also probably because the design details are always on the feature wall; cabinets and wardrobes are very standard.

If you are hardworking enough, just go find more pictures of feature walls, draw it yourself and get a contractor to buy the laminates to do it.

can ask who here has done a tv feature wall? cos understand that many prefer to use the feature wall to cover their bomb shelter, which is not so much of a prob for me cos my HSS is not at one of my living area walls.

n wud u prefer to buy or custom make a tv console? cos given the quality in ready made ones, built in ones are definitely more ex.

was quoted $1.650 and $1,000 for a 8ft feature wall and console respectively. that is v ex i wud say.

$1650 for 8ft is standard price...check with ID is it full height.

U can get cheaper price if go direct to carpentery co

U can get cheaper price if go direct to carpentery co

if go direct to carpenter, will they be able to do exactly the design i want? cos i like to mix three types of laminates tgt.

saw a few at ikea, not much design to speak of, n v small in area of the wall.

Feature walls are really the bulk of the ID's income, quite obviously.

You see they always quote 'price per sqft' for other carpentry works like kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, etc. But when comes to feature walls, its always a lump sum above $1K. But that's also probably because the design details are always on the feature wall; cabinets and wardrobes are very standard.

absolutely agree, can imagine the cost of a feature wall not that high too, but in relative to cabinets, its of a rather steep price. wat to do, do n kena chopped lo. tryin to negotiate lower price, else just mount on e wall n buy a tv console. rather spend more on the system n tv.

if go direct to carpenter, will they be able to do exactly the design i want? cos i like to mix three types of laminates tgt.

you pay carpenter for making the feature wall exactly the way you want

you pay ID to come up with the design

if you already have a design, want ID for what??? :bangwall:

ID can draft a design for you if you do not already know what you want.

If you already know what design you want, go to a carpentry factory straight.

They can do for you excatly what you want.

But not any carpentry can do it for you, i know of some very traditional capentry factory that doesn't understand at all what I'm trying to do. Even with the aid of a 3D drawing, they refuse to do it saying its not easy. They mainly do conventional furniture la, those mass produce one.

Find a carpentry that is "attached" to ID firms. They are more creative and productive.

There is one at Tai Seng Ave blk 1005, Astute works. my cousin's furniture were all done by them. I like the workmanship and ideas they provide to make the existing design even more attractive, professional service I would say.

If you would like to do customised furniture, you might wanna give the fella a call at 9145 3646 for a quote.

Look for Wilson. Nice friendly young chap =)

Cheers

You dun really need to spend so much on feature wall. My carpentry contractor recommended putting up 2 alternate levelled shelves on each side, and paint that piece of wall at the back of tv a contrasting colour. That cost me less than $400.

oh yeah, you may also paste a wallpaper too.

Edited by dolpjki

You dun really need to spend so much on feature wall. My carpentry contractor recommended putting up 2 alternate levelled shelves on each side, and paint that piece of wall at the back of tv a contrasting colour. That cost me less than $400.

oh yeah, you may also paste a wallpaper too.

good tip here.

Hey "Dove" no problem.

The company that does my cousin's carpentry also can come up with ideas like "dolpjki" mentioned.

But my cousin die die wants a 1 piece special designer wall feature.

The designer did a round feature wall for him. Quite unique I would say.