Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dove

Tv Feature Wall - Is It Really Necessary?

can ask who here has done a tv feature wall? cos understand that many prefer to use the feature wall to cover their bomb shelter, which is not so much of a prob for me cos my HSS is not at one of my living area walls.

n wud u prefer to buy or custom make a tv console? cos given the quality in ready made ones, built in ones are definitely more ex.

was quoted $1.650 and $1,000 for a 8ft feature wall and console respectively. that is v ex i wud say.

dun waste money on wall features.

wall features will go out of fashion. then what are you going to do? tear it down?

i not pouring water on those who already wall features. but its a reality.

what if yr TV spoilt? then you got to dismount and put on new tv.

if your wall feature design go out of fashion in few years time, then are you going to tear it down?

just buy a nice tv console, which you can change it whenever you want.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
dun waste money on wall features.

wall features will go out of fashion. then what are you going to do? tear it down?

i not pouring water on those who already wall features. but its a reality.

what if yr TV spoilt? then you got to dismount and put on new tv.

if your wall feature design go out of fashion in few years time, then are you going to tear it down?

just buy a nice tv console, which you can change it whenever you want.

that ever came across my mind, but then wouldn't it be too plain if u just mount in on the wall?

i dun wan to place it on the console, cos it wil be too low for comfortable viewing.

those consoles of a higher height are out of fashion now, n i tot feature wall wud enable me to hide all the wiring in a nice way.

u mean we have to change our feature wall whenever we change our tv? :dunno:

Not necessary but many find full height feature wall looks really good. Of course with some creativity , a mix-n-match tv console can also be very nice :P

just as BIW/WIW is not necessary too ... but its just nice to have... so long your budget permit and you like it ... why not ?

just my humble opinion.

Not necessary but many find full height feature wall looks really good. Of course with some creativity , a mix-n-match tv console can also be very nice :P

just as BIW/WIW is not necessary too ... but its just nice to have... so long your budget permit and you like it ... why not ?

just my humble opinion.

I go for full height feature wall without the console because i intend to get it off the shelf seperately.

Can buy a new one if the old one damage....save $ for dismantling.

Almost find a console that match my feature wall unfortunately it run out of stock

Almost find a console that match my feature wall unfortunately it run out of stock

why dun u custom make one then? it has the advt of complementing the design of ur feature wall (since u r spending money on that alr) and can be custom made according to ur needs n liking (e.g. drawers or open shelves or flipdown glass) ).

I ever considered buying a tv console too, the pricing is more reasonable for the kind of quality we get in comparision, hwever, decided to save the hassle of finding one that complements our feature wall design and ideal dimensions. moreover, i can have it suspended! can clean the area under the console much beta with the suspended ht :notti:

why dun u custom make one then? it has the advt of complementing the design of ur feature wall (since u r spending money on that alr) and can be custom made according to ur needs n liking (e.g. drawers or open shelves or flipdown glass) ).

I ever considered buying a tv console too, the pricing is more reasonable for the kind of quality we get in comparision, hwever, decided to save the hassle of finding one that complements our feature wall design and ideal dimensions. moreover, i can have it suspended! can clean the area under the console much beta with the suspended ht :notti:

U are right but i'm worry will the suspended console give way after years.

Will think about it...:)

can clean the area under the console much beta with the suspended ht :notti:

non-suspended console no need to clean the underneath, save water, save effort, save the earth! :dancingqueen:

U are right but i'm worry will the suspended console give way after years.

i suppose that is not too much an issue, esp if u r mounting ur tv on e wall. we are not gonna place too many heavy things on the console after all, n if kitchen cabinets can be suspended being more heavy duty, console shd b more of an assurance.

non-suspended console no need to clean the underneath, save water, save effort, save the earth! :dancingqueen:

just that it wil be a favourite haunt for ur spiders and lizards and alot of dust :o

i onli noe that the nxt reno i will not do feature wall... i think Tv console is gd enuff n economical... :)

so fast regret liao? :notti:

i onli noe that the nxt reno i will not do feature wall... i think Tv console is gd enuff n economical... :)

then how are u gonna conceal ur wiring and cables??

perpentual: your tv console is ply wood with black laminate?. I am looking at doing one like yours but white with open shelves like yours, can you share your cost and dimensions. Thanks

Dove, I also did feature wall, 7 ft for TV console and 6 ft for the 'wall'...

Its quite cheap...

renopics019.jpg

Cheap mah? LOL! I think not... market rate maybe. Mine is about 1300 :)