Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kunning

Cracked Door Frame

I've been fuming mad :curse: the last few days 'cos I discovered a crack in my main door frame.

Didn't see it earlier as I was distracted by some other reno issues. When I found out & asked the contractor, he admitted that the frame was alright on delivery but the crack was caused by his worker's drilling.

What upsetted me was that he was aware & didn't inform me immediately, and went on to do the tiling & everything else liked nothing has happened. I would think informing the client would be the decent professional thing to do! :furious: Had I been informed, I would have demanded for the frame to be replaced & delay the tiling.

The only response I have from him is that it could be repaired. Period. I've contemplated asking for a replacement of the frame but to do so at this stage would mean hacking away the tiles & skirting!!

Should I accept his suggestion of repairing the frame? But, I concerned if there will be any problem when the main door is installed later. Also worried sick if fengshui would be affected.

At my wits end! Could any kind souls advise please :help:

many thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

outsider POV, change. It's quite silly of the renovator to admit they caused the crack.

Edited by hihihi