Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shark

Sp Services Testing Required For Re-wiring Work?

hi...wondering that if the wiring of a hdb flat is re-wiring, the whole flat, does hdb require a testing to be done and certified by sp services?

have you done this certification for your place if you have done re-wiring of the whole place?

if so, what kind of things they test? easy to pass?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

optional for the test.

basically very easy, the guy just come and test some switches, test if short will trip the breaker. So easy, chop chop finish.

hi...wondering that if the wiring of a hdb flat is re-wiring, the whole flat, does hdb require a testing to be done and certified by sp services?

have you done this certification for your place if you have done re-wiring of the whole place?

if so, what kind of things they test? easy to pass?

optional, unnecessary.

actually..i m selling my place..and hdb request me to do so now...i m surprise it is not common..and upon renovation, i wasn't even told i need to do this testing. so i feel rather surprise and unhappy that i wasn't told to do so...and negligence on my part to check hdb website. sigh... i hope all ok when electrician come and test...but my reno done few years back...and if need to rectify anything..i will have big headache!

or is it my hdb inspection more 'particular'!

ya lor..i've asked around....macam nobody know...so i think my particular hdb inspector must be quite 'detail'. sigh....

so you did rewiring the whole place? and sold off already with no testing require? did you conceal the wiring? cos mine is conceal under false ceiling and partition.

ya lor..i've asked around....macam nobody know...so i think my particular hdb inspector must be quite 'detail'. sigh....

so you did rewiring the whole place? and sold off already with no testing require? did you conceal the wiring? cos mine is conceal under false ceiling and partition.

Ya, we rewired the whole place and some were conceal under false ceiling/L-box. Like I say, really do not remember any inspection of sort after reno and when selling.

My guess is you kena the kind of "newbie" and wanna be "garang" kind ah. In These sectors there are those whom just took over the position and wanna show he/she can perform to that standard so must go by the book loh.

Even my place just finish reno also never inspect by sp services. got re-wiring, conceal.

:dunno: