Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

What is the reason that you can't hack the wall? Can you build a floor-to-ceiling shoe cabinet cum divider to 'replace' that wall? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ya that's what we wanted. but...

the electrical box is on that wall. If we shift the box, we have to rewire the whole house. If we rewire then all the cornices have to be hacked. then if we hack have to plaster... urghh a lot of $$ involved...

Cos if dun rewire and just join... then might cause a lot "tripping" next time. sigh

My Initial reaction was to hack the wall which faces the door. the smaller one and build a full height shoe cabinet... but also $$. haiz. sians sia.

Edited by pinkpetter

How about posting a photo of the wall then we can see the location of the electrical box. Renovation is a balance between your style and budget. :D

mmm ya got one contractor quote me $1300 for whole house up to 5 colour + door + pipes.... What you think? let them do wor?

last time I ever painted my own place before... 3 times this size and we managed. Cos it was all white anyway so not tough. But I've never sandpapered/painted doors. Not sure what kind of job I will do. *stressed*

if u do flooring on ur reno better let them do the painting also lor....if not hor u will very headache de....and not save u too much$ .....

let them smooth the wall first, so next time or next year u want to diy it will be easier :notti:

problem.jpg

This is the problem ba.

I can't take a photo wor.. cos cannot get back into the house at the moment until final inspection. mmm

hmmm put opp sink possible or not?

Actually now my biggest concern is the shoes. My mom is super concern about it. We can place a shoe rack outside for the cheap shoes but the exp shoes still need to go somewhere.. and she's very concerned about it. Sigh. Her headache... becomes mine.

Is it possible to hack just the portion between the electrical box and main door or the portion below the box making the wall look like an arc?

Looking at your floorplan, the passageway is wider than the main door so you should be able to fit a shoe cabinet along the wall. Alternatively, custom-made a flatter cabinet whereby the shoes are placed at an angle. I think a floor to ceiling cabinet should hold all your family members shoes unless your mum is like Imelda Marcos...haha :D

We tot of that too TBS. but my bro has size 14 Nikes... and slanted wun fit. And if we custom to his size then there will be very few racks. We did ask if we can hack below the box but apparently it's too long and the arc might sink eventually..

I was given another suggestion.. to hack but the tie up the box first. then erect the shoe cabinet and place the box against it... or inside it. *how do-able is that I dunno*

haiz.

I only slept 2 hours last night cos of this.

heheh if I have a hubby definitely him. :) This house is for my parents, me, my sis and my bro. :) So probably bug my bro to do it. but everyone help la. :) A little DIYing in the house... makes it feel like home ba :)

OK! Will take note! Thank you!!!!!!!

Oops, sorry for the mistake~ 8|

Yep, some DIY definitely makes it feel more like home. :D

Anyway for the shoe rack, maybe you don't need to hack the whole wall? Just the lower portion for the shoe rack and leave the electrical box untouched? Just a suggestion nia~

Oops, sorry for the mistake~ 8|

Yep, some DIY definitely makes it feel more like home. :D

Anyway for the shoe rack, maybe you don't need to hack the whole wall? Just the lower portion for the shoe rack and leave the electrical box untouched? Just a suggestion nia~

Mmm Since you and TBS both suggest I shall try to put this idea through and see what they say. See do-able or not. *headache* thanks guys!

Don't worry too much lah, just bring your ID/contractor and electrician to your new place and let them provide you with as many alternatives as possible. Your brother must be really tall...with size 14 shoes. He can place his shoes outside cos its unlikely they will be stolen.

How about having 3-4 flat lower racks at the bottom to let your bro and dad place their shoes. Instead of placing them straight in, can put their shoes at 90 degrees (side ways). The upper racks will be tilted and reserve for the ladies.

Thank you!!! I have a small question.. Simei got shop sell paint?

Yes. Eastpoint basement.

Would recommend you to pay someone to do it. Its not easy painting a house. I used to work before many years ago part time as painter.. lol..