Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

So silent, no one want to help u with cleaning, pinky. zz . Haha.

Count me in count me in aiya last night din log in lah so din see the replies :P

anyway me not good in patching holes wor only good in making holes on the wall hahahahaha :P

See See... GOT HOR. lol Thank you but I do feel better today. But the people from Creation Air haven't come back with a proper answer yet. I'll post up pictures tomorrow.

thanks pink.

can ask uncle soon's workers to help la. they will be much faster in actions (i mean clearing up)

haha They sure are quick in clearing up. :P Cleared my dustbin too...

Aiyo so poor thing actually my wife also got such problems with her hands always crack and bleed see doc le also no use :(

anyway dun fret ya ? take care of yourself 1st :)

mmm think she should have the same problem as me. It worsens towards the end of the year so ask her to take care too? You have to do more housework!! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
See See... GOT HOR. lol Thank you but I do feel better today. But the people from Creation Air haven't come back with a proper answer yet. I'll post up pictures tomorrow.

haha They sure are quick in clearing up. :P Cleared my dustbin too...

mmm think she should have the same problem as me. It worsens towards the end of the year so ask her to take care too? You have to do more housework!! :)

Have le my wife only wash clothes last time the rest all done by me de leh :curse:

especially the mopping as my wife hate doing that hahahaha :dancingqueen:

Have le my wife only wash clothes last time the rest all done by me de leh :curse:

especially the mopping as my wife hate doing that hahahaha :dancingqueen:

Wah so good. haha I still do some stuff at home la. BUt light stuff. :) Washing clothes isn't good for her hands too... :P

Wah so good. haha I still do some stuff at home la. BUt light stuff. :) Washing clothes isn't good for her hands too... :P

eh just throw into the WM and turn a few knob wor like that also cannot ah ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

eh just throw into the WM and turn a few knob wor like that also cannot ah ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Lol. Woman Vs Man.... :unsure:

Lol. Woman Vs Man.... :unsure:

Oh. hahhahaha Things are different in my house so I often forget that most people would just throw into the W/M. My mom will soak the clothing then wash them before putting them into the W/M to spin.

:)

Oh. hahhahaha Things are different in my house so I often forget that most people would just throw into the W/M. My mom will soak the clothing then wash them before putting them into the W/M to spin.

:)

ya lah thats one of the easiest job le leh difficult is the hanging part nia mah

if that one also i do hor, she will be at home shake leg le leh :curse:

Pet... poor thing. I hope your rash is healing?

I guessed it's a big headache seeing all the holes and dust in your lovely house, but think of it the brighter way... next time the weather goes cranky you have an aircon in your room to enjoy! :)

Hi Pet,

Hope you are back in the pink of health.

Thanks Reiki!

Pet... poor thing. I hope your rash is healing?

I guessed it's a big headache seeing all the holes and dust in your lovely house, but think of it the brighter way... next time the weather goes cranky you have an aircon in your room to enjoy! :)

mm yup the only consolation I guess. At least I can plan for having people over during December since the living can be cool now. :) Rash is still bad cos it's worsened by the *end of the year* syndrome. My skin always gets worse at the end of the year thanks to the cool monsoon wind. :)

creationair3.jpg

Can you see the aircon outdoor unit on the other side of the window? If you look carefully... you'll notice that it's the whole partition that has been removed and not put back.

creationair2.jpg

The corner that had been taken out to connect the pipe. This is not tile. It's made of the same material as the partition. The tiles that were damaged are in another room but since they will be covered by the wardrobe I'm not going to bother.

creationair1.jpg

I decided to update. And also update on their service which has been satisfactory so far I guess.

As you all know, the installation carried on the next day. Initially it could have been finished in one day which was important to me as I have sensitive skin. But the main worker disappeared at 4pm on the 1st day and only came back two hours later when it started raining so he couldn't go out onto the outdoor unit.

The major problems came on the second day. Before you carry on, I'd like to say that we didn't mistreat them and bought them breakfast, lunch and tea + drinks.

1) He removed the fancoil in my sister's room on the 1st day but left the trunking there. We assumed he was going to do it on the 2nd day so we didn't say anything. But on the 2nd day when we asked him to remove... he refused. I was stunned. He was going to leave the trunking (which extends to the middle of the room) there???!!! My dad nagged at him and he finally removed. AND in the process, damaging some of the skirting in my sister's room. The thing is... the trunking was above the skirting. How did the skirting get damaged? But the damage will be behind her wardrobe so I'm not going to care about that.

2) In the second picture, do you see the elbow bend he used to connect the two pipes? It wasn't there at first. YES they left it as two DISCONNECTED pipes. The main worker (the chinese one) was the one who asked the Indian one to do it but he didn't do it and the main worker didn't check. AND they decided to turn on the air con to test. So they turned it on and we went around to all the fancoils to check... only to go back to the MBR to see a HUGE puddle of water. We DASHED to get rags as the puddle was around my mom's wardrobe. Even a clueless girl like me knows that the two pipes have to be connected.

3) At the expo, I explained to Mr Lau that Uncle Soon had put up a partition to make the wall flat during renovation. I was promised that the wall will be repaired nicely. *美美*were the words used. Look at the pictures and decide for yourself. The worker refused to repair it. He said that it's not part of his job scope and he doesn't do this kind of work. But since I've already informed the company and it was promised to me, shouldn't the worker sent be prepared to do this work? I'm not asking for much... I just want the wall to be patched back. I can paint it myself, which was what I told the man at the Expo.

Why did we let him go when the place was left like that? We didn't have a choice. The office was closed on Sunday and we can't possibly hold him hostage in our home. So we had to leave it as it is when he insisted that it is not part of his job.

4) After everything was over and I was a bit calmer..... being able to move my eyes away from the big hole... I now realise that the trunking is slanted. Sigh. But nevermind la. I doubt anyone's going to stare at it like I do.

After sending the complaint email early on Monday morning (5.30am), I didn't hear from them during the day. Oh yes, in the email, I specifically insisted that I refused to hear Ms Kiwi's voice again. Afraid that they do not check emails, I smsed Mr Lau, the guy at the expo, that I'd sent an email. He called back almost immediately to ask me to give him a summary. I did it quite hysterically, I have to admit and I admire him for staying calm throughout the call.

He got the contractor (the workers that day) to call me back, which actually irritated me quite a bit, but I guess it's SOP. So I repeated myself. I think everyone knows.... it's BAD to ask disgruntled customers to repeat because it only makes them much angrier. But at least someone was paying attention.

Then it was all quiet for Tue and Wed. I gave them 3 days to respond.

On Thursday, they started to call me. I have to say that they were quite diligent in doing that, since I had two-three missed calls on Thurs and Fri. Sadly, work has been so hectic for me that I didn't see my phone till 7pm every day. So the fact that the problem is not resolved is not completely their fault. They did try to contact me.

So on Sat, I smsed Mr Lau again to tell him I would be free to pick calls on Monday (today) and it would be my only day to pick calls. So this morning.. at 9.45am a lady called and I'm happy this time it's a Ms Stephanie who actually listens. AND she read up before she called. That's more like service.

They are going to call their technician (supervisor) to come and inspect and do whatever necessary... whatever that means. But like I've said previously, my parents and I aren't exactly happy. We can't afford to clean up all over again though this time it's just their room. My hands and feet were useless for a few days and I just managed to patch back most of the "holes" on my fingers. Ms Stephanie did promise that the people will help me vacuum AND mop the floor when they were done.

Should I agree?

Edited by pinkpetter

Wah lao who the **** open the aircon hole like that de ? :curse: :curse:

look very unprofessional leh worst thing is that the worker refuses to patch back for you ? wah lao

Pet i think your sis skirting hor you must highlight to them also leh dun let them off so easily

anyway hope you can solve your problem as soon as possible :)

Wah lao who the **** open the aircon hole like that de ? :curse: :curse:

look very unprofessional leh worst thing is that the worker refuses to patch back for you ? wah lao

Pet i think your sis skirting hor you must highlight to them also leh dun let them off so easily

anyway hope you can solve your problem as soon as possible :)

That's exactly what I thought! I thought he could just cut a hole in the centre *neatly* and put it back again, plastering the sides. But when he was cutting I wasn't at home. Only my dad was and I guess he was watching the other worker *no idea*. I went out to buy lunch for them and when I came back the whole partition was out already. I'm thinking if everything was cut neatly the partition could actually be salvaged.

mmm but if I tell them to patch up the skirting then there would be two rooms dirty. What I hate is that... even though the work is done in one room only the dust gets all over the house when people walk about. Inevitable.

I think the air-con installment is unacceptable. Must fight for your right okie!

YES SIR!

But they have been quite nice so far... the office people so I'm not too mean to them.

I'm thinking of just asking for compensation then getting contractor to do.. might as well. Then I save a Saturday staying at home to clean like mad.

*thinking*

That's exactly what I thought! I thought he could just cut a hole in the centre *neatly* and put it back again, plastering the sides. But when he was cutting I wasn't at home. Only my dad was and I guess he was watching the other worker *no idea*. I went out to buy lunch for them and when I came back the whole partition was out already. I'm thinking if everything was cut neatly the partition could actually be salvaged.

mmm but if I tell them to patch up the skirting then there would be two rooms dirty. What I hate is that... even though the work is done in one room only the dust gets all over the house when people walk about. Inevitable.

YES SIR!

But they have been quite nice so far... the office people so I'm not too mean to them.

I'm thinking of just asking for compensation then getting contractor to do.. might as well. Then I save a Saturday staying at home to clean like mad.

*thinking*

eh seriously i doubt they will give you compensation lor hahahaha

wah you guys so nice to them ah still buy makan to them and yet they did this kind of sloppy job :curse: :curse: