Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

All Id's have there particular style, big set ups are different from small. But again big ones come with a price and some time no surety of good workmanship.

I do not agree with this. Received the quotation, went down to meet. Few weeks later decide to see showflat, afterwhich keep avioding ..tell me this and that ?? This is professionalism. No showflat to show, just tell me no showflat; Small renovation budget (abt $27k), dun wan to do business, just tell me so. What's so difficult? Call and call, waited and waited... feel like a fool. What has this got to do with small or big company? Are you telling me this is acceptable practice if the company is small??

• Like 1

No one has to agree with another. It's up to you to choose which ID you want and in some cases, the ID's to choose which client they want. You will agree with me, that not all clients are easy to handle. There are many ways to say NO also, one is to say at the face and other one is delay. I am not sure, why you had this kind of experience with Defong. Let me give you a tip, if you want your reno with new ID to be pleasent, "treat your ID with some respect. Let them be the boss and share your concerns and view points". Aviod bossiness, demanding and learn proper communication, pateince and more patience. Stand for your rights (also your quotes), yet be accomdating to some minor mistakes (which is bound to happen).

There are many ID's who will do the sweettalk before they sign, and after that give you a Super H*LL of experince. Read the forums, there are plenty of horror stories. Atleast, i didn;t find defong to be off that. Oh, yes, some times i have to call him also a few times, but its understandable, as they are doing multiple projects and also have a family. But, he is very responsible, understood, what i wanted and delievered with no problems. We are happy and thank God for pretty good experince of rennovation.

I wish you all the best, with your new ID and his renovation and hope your experience will be pleasent one like mine with defong.

Btw, which new ID firm, did you choose?

Edited by cohiers

No one has to agree with another. It's up to you to choose which ID you want and in some cases, the ID's to choose which client they want. You will agree with me, that not all clients are easy to handle.

There are many ID's who will do the sweettalk before the sign, and after that give you a Super H*LL of experince. Atleast, i didn;t find defong to be off that. He is resposible, and i had a pretty good experince. Oh, yes, i too had some times have to call him a few times, but its understandable, as they are doing multiple projects and also have a family.

There are many ways to say NO also, one is to say at the face and other one is delay, like your case.

I wish you all the best, with the new ID and his renovation and hope your experience will be pleasent like mine.

So delay and delay , sms dun reply, call dun return ... etc. .. to you is a acceptable way for turning out someone huh? To me, this is basic manner.

• Like 1

So delay and delay , sms dun reply, call dun return ... etc. .. to you is a acceptable way for turning out someone huh? To me, this is basic manner.

In some extreme cases, i would say, it may be acceptable to turn off someone in this way.

How can i speak of your expeince with Defong. Why he turned you down, only he knows?

But i didn't have a similar experince with Defong, mine experince is a good one.

Edited by cohiers

• Like 1

Stay cool guys. Bear in mind dat everyone is entitled to his own opinion n it's quite subjective due to e diff. level of service provided by possibly diff. IDs. I too encounter b4 IDs not rtn my calls or emails, I juz practice my consumer rights to take them off my list :P

So end of e day, take opinion n feedbacks read in e forum w/ a pinch of salt n exercise ur own judgement when selecting a ID or contractor. Cheers! :D

All Id's have there particular style, big set ups are different from small. But again big ones come with a price and some time no surety of good workmanship.

I do not agree with this. Received the quotation, went down to meet. Few weeks later decide to see showflat, afterwhich keep avioding ..tell me this and that ?? This is professionalism. No showflat to show, just tell me no showflat; Small renovation budget (abt $27k), dun wan to do business, just tell me so. What's so difficult? Call and call, waited and waited... feel like a fool. What has this got to do with small or big company? Are you telling me this is acceptable practice if the company is small??

kksg is right on the ball regard defong. Should have taken your advice man. My mistake gave him the benefit. Though he is gentelmanly, he never kept the word. Very bad experience, frustrating and disappointing few month of reno process. He corrected the mistakes, SO WHAT?

In my opinion he selects and serves some homes better, to get reviews.

DONT BE ANOTHER VICTIM.

• Like 1

kksg is right on the ball regard defong. Should have taken your advice man. My mistake gave him the benefit. Though he is gentelmanly, he never kept the word. Very bad experience, frustrating and disappointing few month of reno process. He corrected the mistakes, SO WHAT?

In my opinion he selects and serves some homes better, to get reviews.

DONT BE ANOTHER VICTIM.

Hi Lucky896,

Can elaborate on your experience with Defong, thanks.

• Like 1

prolin... in the end, choosen him?

Hi Big Orange,

I had met up with Jeremy yesterday. Find him to be quite good and he also give some ideas on our renovation and was very frank on what can or cannot be done. He also explained to me on whether HDB regulation is being abide in the reno and if we want anything more than that, we will be going against the regulation. Of course price is also a main factor for me and the price that I got is also quite reasonable.

However, I have not signed with him yet as I still need to make some minor adjustment to my renovation. Most probably will be signing with him. Will update more on my next meeting (which should also be the day where I going to sign with him).

Any other comments from other people who have any major issues with him before I commit? Please advise.

Many thanks.

i have not justify for him when i doing my reno.. no time for blog. maybe u can start one.. just wack the truth... it better for guys here.. right?

Have started my renovation by Defong for 2 weeks. Now left the carpentry part and some minor issues.

So far so good, not much major issues except some hiccups which I believe will be quite common for all renovation. Have also spoke to Jeremy on those little errors and he had also promised to rectify for me. I had actually wanted to post some photos of my house but don't have the cable in my office, however I will post a few photos after everything is being done up. With the carpentry still outstanding, hope that things will turn out well as this is usually where most problem will be.

Jeremy has also got another colleague 'Frank' to overlook the whole project. I must honestly say Frank is a talent. He gives lots of creative ideas in doing up the house and listen to what we really want before adding in his ideas which is supposingly what an ID should do rather than pushing his idea into you just to up the price. Thumbs up for both Jeremy and Frank till now.

Up to date, I still have not regret engaging Defong as my ID. Reasonable pricing with good workmanship. Hope they will hand over to me by next week as promised.

Photos to be updated soon...

Edited by prolin_g

WOW, it's been a while i visited renotalk... so much updates on defong...Prolin you have made the good choice...No worries on his carpentry work... to me it's the best part... and you are right on the commanlity of hic-ups on the reno...as long it is minor and rectifiable... no worries... surely Jeremy will go all the way on this....looking forward to your photos.

Fiinally the good work of defong/jeremy is growing.... seems like he is hiring more to his team. Very happy for Jeremy and Defong.... As emphasized by me before, he is one of the best in my experience in the market.... best in prize, easy to deal with, responsible and delivers what he has promised... It's almost one year on in my new flat... so far no issues... kudos to defong.

to those still undecided... do seriously consider him. If you choose him you will save $$$$$ and you will be more than satisfied with your reno. To me he is the best.

Edited by cohiers

I have actually moved in for nearly 2 months already but unable to post due to no internet. I am happy with Defong overall service and workmanship but please remember that there will be some hiccups here and there as I believe no reno will be 100% perfect but as long as the reno firm is willing to rectify, then it should be ok with me. I will not be posting my photos here but if you are interested, can PM me your email and I will send it to you.

Cheers

I have done 4 renovations. I am sourcing for my next renovation now.

Well, the same one goes for small one too. The ID has to be sincere and said what they promised. So set a hard and high standard when you first met. Those that can't meet the criteria will fall back. You have to be firm and yet reasonable.

Let me give you a tip, if you want your reno with new ID to be pleasent, "treat your ID with some respect. Let them be the boss and share your concerns and view points". Aviod bossiness, demanding and learn proper communication, pateince and more patience. Stand for your rights (also your quotes), yet be accomdating to some minor mistakes (which is bound to happen).

Sorry brother. ID and clients are 2 ways communication. But ultimately, clients are paying the IDs. So when my boss pay my salary every month, am I suppose to be the boss??

Yes, treat ID with respect. But respect needs to be earned.

Lastly, you are the pay master, you are going to stay in the house for many years. ID at most need to be patience and share the pain for a few days. If they meet the standards, there won't be any pain for anyone of us.

My second ID, I engaged was bad. I got him in 2003. The last I heard, he has busted himself out of job due to his bad temper and ego!!!

Edited by negarawan