Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

wow nice pics :) your kitchen cabinet and solid top designs are exactly the same pick as mine :) copied from Defong's office concept i believe?

I suspect an ID cannot always be at one site.. since they might have more than one job on hand at a time. Important I feel is that there isn't lapse in quality will do.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow nice pics :) your kitchen cabinet and solid top designs are exactly the same pick as mine :) copied from Defong's office concept i believe?

I suspect an ID cannot always be at one site.. since they might have more than one job on hand at a time. Important I feel is that there isn't lapse in quality will do.

Yes, ID cannot always be at site but then when the things we had discussed are being passed down to another ID, then i might as well go through this ID instead of the initial one. Is a matter of principle where you start the project, you must follow up and end it yourself and not through another person. I am lucky that this ID he sends over keep me in touch with all the matter. I don't mind the hipcups during the process, just keep me informed will do. If this simple thing an ID cannot do it, then no matter how good his works are, he may not have recommendations from the people - words of mouth.

Hi Pendingkia, i would like to ask, is Jeremy always go to site or ask another person to take over? Seems like I have a problem on this whereby in the initial stage is him who take charge and then later stage, he sent someone over instead of himself to liaise with me. He had not been to my site since 6th August unless he had been to my site when i am not around. But then, there was no liaising part done by him since as he sent someone to take charge. How was he when he take charge of your flat?

Hi, for my reno, is Jeremy who did the liaising with me, but from what I understood, recently there are new guys who actually joined him in the company. Think most prob he actually pass down some of his projects on hand to these guys for follow up. For those who might not know, Jeremy is the boss of DeFONG, so think he might be too tied up with his work and got these new guys to help up and ensure that all customers' reno will be able to complete on time ba. From what i observed, I am pretty sure he is not the type of person who will just anyhow pass to other guys to do it and ignore your progress. At the end of the day, as the boss, he will still be the one to be responsible for customers' satisfaction. Like what breadman says, important that there isn't lapse in quality will do. Cheers :)

:)

canopy, maybe let them know of your preference. i'm sure they will do their best to cater to you.

quoting my experience with them, I was suppose to meet William to pick out tiles for my entire place. But William was caught up with a prior client which he had informed me. Somemore raining that day. To my surprise, he had asked Jeremy and another ID to come down and go through the process with me, and recommended options when my wife and I were having trouble deciding.

William turned up after the tile picking was completed. It wasn't an unhappy experience at all as he had sent someone in his stead to guide me through an otherwise daunting process. Thereafter, they even offered to bring me in their car to another place to scout for toilet accessories as it was raining and I ride a motorbike and send me back to my bike afterward.

Thumbs up for Defong so far :)

Hi, for my reno, is Jeremy who did the liaising with me, but from what I understood, recently there are new guys who actually joined him in the company. Think most prob he actually pass down some of his projects on hand to these guys for follow up. For those who might not know, Jeremy is the boss of DeFONG, so think he might be too tied up with his work and got these new guys to help up and ensure that all customers' reno will be able to complete on time ba. From what i observed, I am pretty sure he is not the type of person who will just anyhow pass to other guys to do it and ignore your progress. At the end of the day, as the boss, he will still be the one to be responsible for customers' satisfaction. Like what breadman says, important that there isn't lapse in quality will do. Cheers :)

rofl interesting nick bro. maybe i should rename to fajar-kia.. lol

Great discussion, I'll add De Fong to my list of IDs for my very first reno

PS: Btw, why it takes forever to post a new topic here? I posted one and never see it appear in the forum ...

Hi pendingkia, like i said in the previous post, i can consider myself quite lucky that the person Jeremy sent is quite decent in his work. What happen if he sent those CMI ones? Just want to stress that DeFong only has 3 IDs at the moment. There are things i just do not want to disclose here. Those who wish to get to know the company, can email me @ canopy82@hotmail.com. I wouldn't say this company cannot be the choice of many as his price is quite competitive. But nonetheless, those who want to get to know his character or his other partner(s), can email me.

P.S. For those who feel I am not his customer, I have my renovation photos with me.

:)

canopy, maybe let them know of your preference. i'm sure they will do their best to cater to you.

quoting my experience with them, I was suppose to meet William to pick out tiles for my entire place. But William was caught up with a prior client which he had informed me. Somemore raining that day. To my surprise, he had asked Jeremy and another ID to come down and go through the process with me, and recommended options when my wife and I were having trouble deciding.

William turned up after the tile picking was completed. It wasn't an unhappy experience at all as he had sent someone in his stead to guide me through an otherwise daunting process. Thereafter, they even offered to bring me in their car to another place to scout for toilet accessories as it was raining and I ride a motorbike and send me back to my bike afterward.

Thumbs up for Defong so far :)

Hi Breadman, this is only the beginning. I was feeling excited and had the same feeling as you. But do monitor yourself, but i feel william can do a good job for you so keep us posted. I wonder if project size matters? (in terms of $$$$) Anyway, other than painting and plaster/tiles works, the rest should be fine. Take note of those i had highlighted, esp paints. Plastering (if any) is a skilled work. Ensure the quality is there. Good luck!

thanks for the kind advice canopy.

perhaps you can post some pictures so we can know in more detail what areas to look out for.

but i do appreciate you sharing info with us :) hope it turns out well for you bro.

Sigh... My renovation has been dragging into the 9th week. Luckily i am not in a hurry to move in yet but still, a renovation should be done between 6 and 8 weeks.

Sigh... My renovation has been dragging into the 9th week. Luckily i am not in a hurry to move in yet but still, a renovation should be done between 6 and 8 weeks.

what caused such long delay? rectification works? or issit slow work?

is yours a resale flat, full renovation? still how come take so long? Defong has a lot of jobs on hand? find their quotes very competitive, but wonder if they have sufficient resources to complete jobs on time if many signs up because of their competitive quotes.

Well, initial stage was very fast and efficient. Major works like tiling, hacking, plastering and ceiling works were done within schedule but somehow after that, it was slow, slower and reach a stagnant phase. I don't know what happen too. No urgency at all. Anyway, I am holding the last payment until i see everything is done properly.

is yours a resale flat, full renovation? still how come take so long? Defong has a lot of jobs on hand? find their quotes very competitive, but wonder if they have sufficient resources to complete jobs on time if many signs up because of their competitive quotes.

Mine is a resale with basic works like hacking, tiling, washing, painting etc. No build-in wardrobes. My two rooms are empty. Mostly furniture i buy off-shelf. Carpentry works are only in kitchen and a few cabinets. Basically is a near empty house to work on. Yet, it has been dragging too long. Perhaps too many projects to handle and neglect the on-going ones. I am not sure.

Hi All,

I have also engaged DeFong to do my reno for my resale flat. The person in charge for my project is Jeremy. They have started hacking and doing tiling works. Will definitely update all their work quality. :-)