Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

These r some pics of my newly renovated house. Though yet to furnish, already looks too attractive. Really looking forward to moving in. A big thanks to my ID Kevin Tan for his insight tips here n there. And of course the reasonable price and thesuperb standard of worksmanship finishing. ReALLY glad i choose deFong n Kevin.

Just merely completed my 3 room flat reno with Defong, shld count it as an unpleasant experience.

At first when engaging the co, they were quite prompt in follow up with the discussion, site visiting and choosing of materials. Also will be patience and very nice when I need to reduce the items to be done, as I had limited budget.

but when during the middle of the reno process, things went sour, like other cases u seen about Defong, they began to slow down, perhaps they were busy with other reno projects. When I asked them how long for them to finish the reno, they said soon, but I made further queries, they then said still got this and that haven't do.

And their workers seem didn't coordinate well with the contractor, items like wall tiles (cracked due to laying of the wirings) and plaster wall (damaged just like that, don't know why) which were done by them, were damage by other workers of their team, but the contractor seemed unaware of the damages, until I need to alert the contractor, isn't that funny?

Other things like painting was not done to the way we told the contractor, the door frame colour was not the one we desired (and we let it go), these were rectified.

The team took quite awhile to touch up the damages or items not well done.

Now is about the payment, I would strongly recommend that to think twice about engaging them if your budget is just enough for the reno, additional costs of course are unpredictable, but they are not so patience about how you tell them the budget is abit high for you, ask them to give some allowance like a couple of months more to pay them back, end up they said they will impose a penalty of $300-500, which they are lenient enough to quote $300 only, and nothing about penalty or late payment is mentioned in the contract. After much arguement, they decided to remove the penalty amount.

In the first place, I already told them my budget was $17K, and the reno was adjusted to meet the budget, later on they told me it was increased to $21K due to the additional work done for the reno. I was alright with this increase in the reno cost, but I need some more months to complete the payments, my wife and I are (and still are for the next three years) "fully packed" with other loan repayments when we bought this flat. Contractor said okay, that's how it came out with the penalty cost. Now they want us to pay the remaining $2900 by September, and is a **** out of us. Sometime don't know they lack of some common sense or what, last month I have already given payment when I got the bonus, one week after that they still asked me can give the next payment by the end of the month. Oh please, I only have one payday a month, gave them my bonus, I have to wait till the next payday man.

By Dec this year, when I will get my bonus, I will change my metal door gate. Why? Because the metal door gate they installed, its screw hole is facing outside, this mean whoever want to break in, can jolly well remove the whole gate and just enter like that, LOL. I compared the gates of my neighbours, didn't see any gate with screw hole revealing out, mine is the first one. Brilliant.

And I really tired of liaising with this Defong Interior Design. Like the forummer said, if do a reno again next time, definitely won't find Defong again, never.

Edited by mrwesley

I am thinking of engaging willaim to renov my house.

Wykoh, any photo can share? How is theirnworkmanship?

Sorry, pandalene. Quite busy to log in. My flat by Kelvin almost completed. Just did a brief walk through last week. Overall seems ok. will try to post some pictures.