Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Where You All Buy Your Furniture?

I was at Furniture mall yesterday. I got a shoe rack from Star Furniture, the sales staff is very nice and she make u feel comfortable walking around in the shop. Then I went to Novena... The sales person is very helpful too, make me feel very comfortable and not pushy to ask me buy anything from them. I got a bookcase from Novena in the end. I also went to Lorenzo and wanted to get a side table, it is cash n carry and I found some chips on it.. The sales person said it is like that and they can touch up... Though she is quite friendly... I find it kinda shock that she said that... My wife don't want to get a defected item so we didn't get it in the end... The sales girl told me there is another bigger branch at Sims drive and asked me to go n see, there could have more pieces and can get perfect quality one...

By the way... Novena and Nova are 2 different companies right? I try to search for any review on Novena but couldn't find...

Anyway, both items will be delivered to my place tomorrow, hope they don't screw me up... :)

the following r reviews on NOVENA http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1212999044

seems like oso negative but its before 2008 review, so no updates since then...for me, if already place deposit & cnt refund after i saw such comments, i would go thru the comments and make sure that the bad stuffs will nt happen in my case by keep following up on the items...if lets say they tend to delay, i will follow up promptly to ensure they send over on time, if there is quality issue, of cos muz check very thoroughly b4 they left and i pay the rest of $... good luck to u, cos sometimes oso depend on luck, ;P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i personally had went down NOVA showroom look look, but they reali hav some kind of attidude when we checked wif them on some items and pricings (tink they know we juz checking out pattern and pricing, & nt yet decided to buy on the same day)..fyi, complaints frm other forumers as follows - :curse:http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1222063206

for me, i tink service is very impt, before we reali set up our mind to make the purchase...if the service is poor and we cnt feel the sincerety of the salespax, even if we like the item, we will nt buy...

its true tat we cnt rely too much on forum, if 3 or 4pax gave negative comments, or gt mixture comments, prob will nt pay too much attention. But if more than 10pax gave negative comments and we can reali feel the frustrations, of cos definitely will nt waste time gg down to try out...

forum reali benefit a lot to me, cos i reali learn a lot from the forumers, from head to tail on renovation work, design ideas, where to purchase gd & worthwhile furnitures, & now is the time i pass my "learning" back to the new ones since i reali went thru all the good stuffs without much frustrations, hehe...tink the unlucky forumers oso wana share their bad experience with the rest, hopefully others can benefit and will nt be next victim... :sport-smiley-018:

my top furniture shops are S&C FURNITURE DYNAMIC, VHIVE (study table & pedestrial & showcase), STAR FURNITURE (sofa, divan, etc)... :yamseng:

gotta have a comparision to justify any shop ma. thus simply suggested visiting nova after star furniture as its near there to save time,no point going down to bengtuan to know star furn is better.and found that there isnt any $399 sofa or $99 director chair for sale. tradehub21 has nova too and if wanna look at cellini, might as well go there too as the price is suprisingly better compared to the branch at IFC. take note i dont suggest to buy at anywhere at all if you notice. cos our taste and budget might differ from TS. The bigger idea is to let TS see the good,the bad and the unexpected. :deal:

i did that and was convinced furniture warehouse(star furniture's) are pretty much the place you should set the benchmark if looking for normal range furnishing like you would reco. moving up the bar with cellini and uvonna or even enzo/space/air durings sales. As for sevice standard in various places. know and understand that customers themselves plays a major part too in a good shopping experience. simple steps like walkin,smile,greet and state wat you are looking for. seen ppl walking into shops and tell the sales just look look(kan kan) of course no service lo. sometimes it really depends on how we kickstart the ball.

but dun wanna get into the topic of 'how to shop' and stick with the topic of 'where to shop'. :dancingqueen:

just felt there isnt a need to avoid any shop totally. can even go Red"fruit" at sk or imm to browse. do take note there is mentions that MrDecor at imm is infact bengtuan.. And if TS wanna give nova a miss.can always go brighton when at sungei kadut. but their stuffs a slightly a notch below star furniture's and nova's. thus didnt suggest it as comparison.

Not sure what kind of furniture you are looking for. In case, you are looking for CHEAP and GOOD and not so EX or BRANDED/DESIGNER stuffs AND you have ONE DAY FREE then it is worth to visit Sungei Kadut area. I have visited 30+ furniture shops, including all the popular one such as IKEA, NOVA, Novina, Beng Tuan, Morries, vHive, Casa Italy, Barang Barang, Courts, furniture online, Defu and so on. more than 30+, no kidding, I enjoyed those visits.

I found Sungei Kadut to be the most reasonable place... the only issue there is the nearest makan place is a bit far, near to the MRT track.

1. There are so many furniture shops, including most popular brands, one beside another.

2. In general, Sungei Kadut shops are more friendly and helpful, except RED APPLE. There is a **** and heaven difference in sales persons attitude. Many of the city shops that I visited was spoiled by the pushy, breathing over your neck and unfriendly sales staffs. Where as Sungei Kadut was a refreshing different, including Novina. Sales staffs are more ground to earth and does not mind (or at-least does not show off that openly on their face or action!!!) if you do not buy anything from them.

3. Prices are more realistic there, if not the cheapest. Bargain is still the norm. Generally GST and transport is waived off. Prices can be reduced to 5-20%... not like 30-50% on city shops.

4. No need to bother about quality, ultimately all the furnitures are either made in China or Malaysia.

5. Few shops that I can reco on Sungei Kadut are

a. Avanni Design (on the corner, purchased my wardrobes)

b. K&D .. (just beside IFC, not purchased anything but will revisit them again for more stuffs)

c. Novina .. (opp to Avanni, across the road. Much better than their city counterparts. I purchased one unplanned bed frame from them and got delivery already on promised date and time)

6. I had unpleasant experience on Red Apple only, but not much different than city showrooms.

Hope this helps

yeah sungei kadut area is great for funishing ideas. can drop by IFC to view stuffs on the higher side too. higher end stuffs are more of less there. if driving, take note to drive slowly when crossing the railway tracks thou.that track is a suspension killer. :sport-smiley-004:

ultimately, view the process as a chance to compromise/agree with each other if newly married, it gets tiring when you see it as a chore. you know,something like hold hands and snuggle up at the sofa you aim. sit at both ends of the dinning tables pretending you're having a candlelight meal. its makes the process for fun and creates memory for both of you everytime you look at your purchases in your new home later. haha. but the saleman's goosebumps sure drop whole floor de la. :dancingqueen:

I buy most of my furniture from IKEA or off the internet. There are a lot of websites out there with great furniture, and a lot quite inexpensively. Yeah, it may be a gamble because you can't try it out, but it's worth a try for a good buy!