Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

How Do You Choose A Housing Agent?

The moment you let go some news that you are selling your flat, agents would start calling you or knocking on your door asking them to give them exclusive rights. Somemore must give them 2% selling commission (before new HDB guideline got implemented), if not, they are not motivated. They would give a lot of excuses like that they have spent a lot on newspaper advertistments, a lot of time spent in marketing your unit etc. The moment you tell another agent that you have given exclusive rights to a agent, he/she would definitely not bringing potential buyers to your unit becos they are not willing to co-broke. Furthermore, a lot of agents like to bring PRs (Indians, Chinese) up to flats not to promote your unit, but to compare and say that their advertised units are better. Your unit becomes a showflat (ghost unit)for others to make comparison. A lot of viewers do not mean your unit is good or attractive. It would only be good if there are black and white offers coming in (with cheque). Verbal offers do not mean anything.

if u don't sign the exclusive, all the agents will want to sell your flat as soon as they can do it so that they can get the commission and this is surely going to push ur price down.

if u sign exclusive,, you may still get lousy agents who just want to sell fast and let go at low price but there's also good ones who can make use of the exclusive period to get the best deal within this period.

so, getting an exclusive is important.

i m not an agent, so not selling the services here. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi...............,

I Choose a Real Estate Agent by following these steps.

1 Ask for recommendations from people who have just sold a home in your area, or call a local real estate office and speak to the manager; ask the manager to recommend an agent who specializes in your type of property and community.

2 Invite the agent to your home for an introductory meeting. Since you will be spending a lot of time with this person, it's a good idea to establish trust and a solid working relationship early on.

3 Put together an information sheet that lists your home's features and best qualities, especially those that people might otherwise overlook. Give this to the agent, who can use the information to write an attractive listing to help sell your home.

4 Ask the agent how he or she would establish a price and promote your home.

5 If you are unsatisfied with the agent's plan or personality, graciously thank the agent for taking the time to meet with you, and repeat the process with another agent.

6 If you are happy with the agent, make a commitment to yourself to stick with him or her; it can be time-consuming to jump from agent to agent.

I agree that engaging a good agent is really imporatant...many people / other agents mentioned to me that my place is very sellable but it has been 6 months and still not sold. Mine is on high floor (10th storey) facing hill...near Safra Mount Faber and 15 mins drive to Shenton/Raffles..I too think that it is sellable..i'm not asking for COV...just valuation will do. But i heard that my agent actually turn away potential buyers who made offer wihtout consulting me. Sigh...i am currently paying both sides (new house + old house) and is given 6 months by HDB to sell. Exclusive Authorisation to sell signed but will expiry soon. I guess I will not renew it so that I can lookout for other agents...

Anyone out there any good suggestion?

Thks.

yes, it doesn't matter if it's a male or female. as long as good.

if u let the one agent handle ur case, he'll be able to get the best price for u. (that is if he is a good one). but if u get help from many agents, they may just try to sell/help u buy the flat asp so u may not be getting the best price. prob not, as they'll want to close the deal fast.

I agree that engaging a good agent is really imporatant...many people / other agents mentioned to me that my place is very sellable but it has been 6 months and still not sold. Mine is on high floor (10th storey) facing hill...near Safra Mount Faber and 15 mins drive to Shenton/Raffles..I too think that it is sellable..i'm not asking for COV...just valuation will do. But i heard that my agent actually turn away potential buyers who made offer wihtout consulting me. Sigh...i am currently paying both sides (new house + old house) and is given 6 months by HDB to sell. Exclusive Authorisation to sell signed but will expiry soon. I guess I will not renew it so that I can lookout for other agents...

Thks.

aiyo, your agent seems really unprofessional. Do you think you might want to sell by yourself if your are not too busy at work? Can advertise "owner selling", and you dun have to pay commission. On HDB website, there are guidelines on how to do transactions without agents. you will have to deal with alot of phone calls esp during wkend, and alot of "window"-shoppers". Give it a try, after the EA expires.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thks.

Do pm me if you need any agent. My agent is very pro...

In making your decision to work with an agent, there are certain questions you should ask when evaluating a potential agent. The first question you should ask is whether the agent is a REALTOR . You should then ask:

Does the agent have an active real estate license in good standing?

Is real estate their full-time career?

What real estate designations does the agent hold?