Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pb2

Should I Engage An Id Or A Contractor?

Hi,

I bought a resale flat in the north-east area. The house is in a good condition. I don't intend to do much except to fix up the lower half of the kitchen cabinet, changing of the toilet doors, painting of the entire house (5-room), and changing of the lights.

Should I engage an ID or a contractor? Any recommendations for a contractor? I seen many threads about IDs, but how about contractor?

I don't intend to do any significant design. Probably going to use just one colour for the entire house. Any recommendation for the toilet doors? Which is the trend or the more popular type of doors? pb/bi-fold/frosted glass doors? How about the house colour? I like to make the room bright, so i like pale and smoothing colours.

Thanks!

pb2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

think if you dun wan much design and already know what you want, then contractor ba. contractors also gives some ideas along the way. they can share what they have been doing with other people and update you. :)

i wld say ID..

1. to take the headache of running after and coordinating amongst the various contractors off your hands.

2. if there are any problems or rectifications later on, u just go to one person.

3. more imptly, u dont need to have the headache of this taiji game where contractors will say they did their job properly but becos theother contractor came in to install this and that, they didnt take care and spoilt the this and that.

and since u already have an idea of what you want... an ID will be able to handle the rest of your queries and give u some advice.

a good and real ID is not cheap...

but generally what we call ID loosely are probably bigger contractor companies repackaged anyway

i wld say ID..

1. to take the headache of running after and coordinating amongst the various contractors off your hands.

2. if there are any problems or rectifications later on, u just go to one person.

3. more imptly, u dont need to have the headache of this taiji game where contractors will say they did their job properly but becos theother contractor came in to install this and that, they didnt take care and spoilt the this and that.

and since u already have an idea of what you want... an ID will be able to handle the rest of your queries and give u some advice.

a good and real ID is not cheap...

but generally what we call ID loosely are probably bigger contractor companies repackaged anyway

Nod. Thanks for your advice.

So I noticed the price difference between ID and contractor is quite wide. Amazing.

hi guys,

i bought a resale flat too...

i kind of know wat design i wan

still considering.... should i look for ID or Contractors???

and yar they have a huge price difference.. ;)

pros n cons too...

need some advice too :help:

do u guys have any good ID or contractors to recommend??

most imptly they must be responsible :dribble:

thanks for helping :good:

hi guys,

pros n cons too...

I'm currently talking to a contractor. First impression is good. If things work out, I will drop you a private message.

hi guys,

pros n cons too...

Hi.

I doing my flat soon also can also drop me ur contractor contact... coz wan to do some compare before i decided my contractor

Thks~!

Hi,my name is Kent from Living Art Design Gallery.Can u email your contact num to me.(vacaltion44@hotmail.com) .Our company have 3 showroom,u can bring yur floor plan and visit me.i will on the sport give u quatation.is free.i have a special package for u,and give u a good service.My handphone number is 90217820.thank you

Hi,my name is Kent from Living Art Design Gallery.Can u email your contact num to me.(vacaltion44@hotmail.com) .Our company have 3 showroom,u can bring yur floor plan and visit me.i will on the sport give u quatation.is free.i have a special package for u,and give u a good service.My handphone number is 90217820.thank you

Nod. Thanks for your advice.

So I noticed the price difference between ID and contractor is quite wide. Amazing.

is it.... can u give me a rough indication?

i was shopping ard couple of weeks back and was also debating btw contractor and id too.

at that time, the price diff was not a lot....which was why i went with ID in the end.

is it.... can u give me a rough indication?

i was shopping ard couple of weeks back and was also debating btw contractor and id too.

at that time, the price diff was not a lot....which was why i went with ID in the end.

To be honest, it really depends on what you want to do, and how honest the ID and contractor you met are. Of course, you have to do your own research, gather numerous quotes and compare them.

hi all,

actually how you tell the difference between id and contractor? :)

easy a! ID dress above average without steal tapeline, contractor dress below average with steal tapeline. hehe

contractors' workmanship is better than ID.

ID's flatter skills is better than contractor

contractor no design, but whatever design you pass to him they can do.

actually do not engage one ID who can only draw 3D from PC but also need to draw the diagram manually. a good trained ID should be able to draw manually, because it is a part of their professional training.

an ID who cannot draw diagram manually, which means he/her 半路出家

same as the top fashion designer, they only draw in 2D, then their assistant convert the 2D to 3D, i meet 1 senior ID from one branded company, he only draw 3D by pencil, then ask his assistant convert it into digital format, this is what I call professional~~~~

see some people in this forum complain that the ID only provide 3D hand drawing but no 3D PC drawing then feel the ID or the company is not professional and turn to other company. i feel that they just missed one good ID, maybe due to budget reason, the company cannot afford an assistant to convert 2D into 3D. but to me a so call ID if can only drag and drop model inside the software, change the size, surface texture, light effects and colors, he/she is nothing difference as an assistant, just read the magazine borrow idea from others an assistant level people with PC skills can call him/her self an ID liao~

:bangwall:

Edited by little_zeus

easy a! ID dress above average without steal tapeline, contractor dress below average with steal tapeline. hehe

contractors' workmanship is better than ID.

ID's flatter skills is better than contractor

contractor no design, but whatever design you pass to him they can do.

actually do not engage one ID who can only draw 3D from PC but also need to draw the diagram manually. a good trained ID should be able to draw manually, because it is a part of their professional training.

an ID who cannot draw diagram manually, which means he/her 半路出家

same as the top fashion designer, they only draw in 2D, then their assistant convert the 2D to 3D, i meet 1 senior ID from one branded company, he only draw 3D by pencil, then ask his assistant convert it into digital format, this is what I call professional~~~~

see some people in this forum complain that the ID only provide 3D hand drawing but no 3D PC drawing then feel the ID or the company is not professional and turn to other company. i feel that they just missed one good ID, maybe due to budget reason, the company cannot afford an assistant to convert 2D into 3D. but to me a so call ID if can only drag and drop model inside the software, change the size, surface texture, light effects and colors, he/she is nothing difference as an assistant, just read the magazine borrow idea from others an assistant level people with PC skills can call him/her self an ID liao~

:bangwall:

Actually i beg to differ on certain points u highlighted. Contractors dont necessary have better workmanship than IDs. Some ID firms have their own factory to produce their own carpentry, own workers, own materials etc.

For 3D drawings. I know that many IDs will pass the drawing to a third person to draw it on omputers. Certain IDs i met admit that they dont draw the 3 D on computer cause they r already 30 plus 40 plus... 'old' already where got energy learn. These IDs r usually the more experienced one if u wana put it positively....negatively.....u can say they dont bother to upgrade..

And yes i believe contractors can be hired at a much cheaper price. Maybe sme beg to differ, my opinion is that if u enter someone house,....one look u can tell is design by ID or not....as ID usually carry out a theme. Whereas DIY designing usually dont bring out the theme from non artistic ideas people. :yamseng:

Guest tommy_moby

my suggestion for your case. go for ID. save all the trouble. if you need ID, PM me. I gif u my ID's contact.