Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CutePinkElephant

Cute Elephant House

Is she speaking well in Chinese? Give her more confident, let her watch more cartoons (OKTO channel) & let her mixed/play with kids who speak English. Childrens pick up languages very fast !

yes...childeren learn langguage very fast, if not wrong is before 6 or 7yo.

one of my friend, mommy speak hokkian, father speak france,grandma granpa speak chinese, maid speak bahasa,school speak english..... :good::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: 5 langguage in one time :notti: ....

and children is very unique, they know what language they need to use to speak to who ;)

She is very fluent with chinese, now her english slightly better as some of her classmate only english speaking so if she wants to play with them die die also needs to learn.

Luckily like u said children learn fast, now after 1 yrs she can speak some basic and understand more words already.

Tat why i keep telling her, must learn more than can teach daddy and play with her classmate. :dancingqueen:

chinese is very important too. if she good in chinese keep it on.... let her learn more in writing... cause not everyone can write in chinese, but most can write in english..... :notti:

how good if i can write in chinese :bangwall::bangwall: .... i only know how to write my name nia :notti:8|

Kids have to get started on Languages early as possible when they're very young so that they will recognise alot of words easily. Its what you call 'word' imprint. Thats why alot of schools make use of the memory skills to come out with excellent results for kids.

Phonetics is an example. Picture cards is also another way to do it. Word games like scrabble also helps & its ok to carry a dictionary to phrase alot of things. Kids learn through spelling first before forming sentences. That is why spelling is a important step & once mastered, its really easy to get them started on reading.

yeah u right bun, need to start early as possible. when they get older...its too lazy for them to learn already..

but which is important ya...english enrichment or chinese? :dunno::dunno:

Ah see... sure no problems one... :) Nowadays... PC have those storytelling thing that can watch and listen at the same time. So can get her to watch. then... after she watch a few times ah you ask her to tell you the story la! Sure can one. :)

Nice to see parents giving so much home support ;)

yes yes yes good idea...here i gv some website usually my girl use :sport-smiley-004:

http://www.vitaminix.tv/eng/educative.html

http://www.sesamestreet.org/home

http://www.wordworld.com/

http://www.nickjr.com/

http://www.morinagaplatinum.com/play/fun-s...mommy-love.aspx

will post more.... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Er.. :o:P all this is leave to my wife de, as she the teacher, me is just playmate :rofl:

most of the teaching i leave it to her as she know wats to do, me cant study myself well :bangwall::bangwall:

Recently just Fail my exam only :(

So better let my wife handle teaching part, and i stay as playmate better.

nice horrr...at home hv private teacher lerrr :good:

eh maybe u can try leapfrog one, its veryyyyy nice....last time i teach my gal about abc, i teach her from :sport-smiley-004: till :furious: she also cant remember, but i try to gv her watch leapfrog...and she can remember everythinggggggg :notti:

Keke but you need to upgrade yourself as a dad too. Most of us have at one point thought of our parents as "old fashioned" in a sense cos cannot relate to this and that until we have kids. That why we cannot make the same mistake again with our future kids too.

ya lor now kids cannot teach with oldfashion style liao :bangwall: everytime ask her this cannot that cannot , and she always ask WHY???and u need answer all her question de...... :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why must eat now? Why cannot later? Why I not hungry you ask me to eat? Why cannot eat in front of TV? lol but... really.. I think sometimes they really ask very intelligent questions... which adults might not think of. :)

IMHO,

If Chinese is the mother tongue & the only language being spoken in the house & everywhere, then english language have to be cultivated for kids in lessons since they don't lose out in chinese with it being spoken mainly.

Why must eat now? Why cannot later? Why I not hungry you ask me to eat? Why cannot eat in front of TV? lol but... really.. I think sometimes they really ask very intelligent questions... which adults might not think of. :)

ya lor....

why sun so hot?

why call an elephant, elephant?isit their mama gv them the name? :sport-smiley-004:

why car can use the road?because...blah blah blah...

WHY?? why we cannot?but car can? :bangwall:

hahah imagine they keep asking when u really busy :lol:8|

IMHO,

If Chinese is the mother tongue & the only language being spoken in the house & everywhere, then english language have to be cultivated for kids in lessons since they don't lose out in chinese with it being spoken mainly.

:bangwall: my mother tongue not chinese nor english ler :bangwall: means must go to 2 enrichment ar? :bangwall:

sometimes hor i will think stupid ler...

i think englis only A to Z

chinese dont know start from where and end at where...

so i think chinese is more important :lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:8|8|

stoopid thinking hor 8|

But English has a lot of rules and even more exceptions. More exposure to stories and all that will help her remember all the rules and stuff better. That's what I think...

But being bilingual, I've to agree that Chinese ain't easy either. LOL but I managed to memorise my way through O levels... :P

But English has a lot of rules and even more exceptions. More exposure to stories and all that will help her remember all the rules and stuff better. That's what I think...

But being bilingual, I've to agree that Chinese ain't easy either. LOL but I managed to memorise my way through O levels... :P

hmmmm but english they will teach when at primary till uni...ma....right bo hor? hahahaha 8|

hmmmm but english they will teach when at primary till uni...ma....right bo hor? hahahaha 8|

Chinese actually very easy de, just rem the stroke from where to where can le.

Like drawing, ask ur gal to draw than ask her to relate to something and bring in the chinese character than she can rem.

eg. home in chinese ask her to draw a house and bring the chinese character of jia 家, than tell her the top is the roof and roof cover over the ppl down below. something like tis to help her rem.

But for english than too bad i also lousy haha... dun know how to teach

Edited by stevetang

You see, kids tend to be more tuned in towards their environment ma. so what they take in is through the culture and environment, naturally it is more natural for them to speak in the most commonly spoken language at home right? This means that if they're strong in their mother tongue, it is a little different as they don't speak english as much as they'd like at home, mostly with their friends & outside. But its short form english or singlish if you pay more attention.

There is the small group of kids whom can switch languages effortlessly without having any bad grammar or pronounciation.

If you guys think back to your own learning education & the environment laat time as a student, what do you think?

Edited by BunBun

Like drawing, ask ur gal to draw than ask her to relate to something and bring in the chinese character than she can rem.

eg. home in chinese ask her to draw a house and bring the chinese character of jia 家, than tell her the top is the roof and roof cover over the ppl down below. something like tis to help her rem.

Ya last time I just memorise... :P heh heh

Ya last time I just memorise... :P heh heh

wahh...wake up so early ar? :notti:

yah lor this kind of teaching also very good. but my chinise is very jiatlat....without hanyu pinyin i dont know how to read liao even with hanyupinyin i also read wrong :bangwall:8|

once u not exercise u forget everything liao :bangwall:

You see, kids tend to be more tuned in towards their environment ma. so what they take in is through the culture and environment, naturally it is more natural for them to speak in the most commonly spoken language at home right? This means t

ention.

There is the small group of kids whom can switch languages effortlessly without having any bad grammar or pronounciation.

If you guys think back to your own learning education & the environment laat time as a student, what do you think?

heheh...me also memorise nia 8|

hahaha ya. to have breakfast then going back to work. Sigh :)

sat hv work ar? haizzz....so tired hor :bangwall:

Hi!!

Just wan to ask where u get those white hangers and pegs

Hi S&C, the hanger bought from ikea, its SUPER cheap and WORTH to buy,box also from ikea, the clip i bought from MUJI, and the white basket from mmarket shop only $2 :)

sat hv work ar? haizzz....so tired hor :bangwall:

Heh bo pian. Cos I took exam leave from work from Mon to Thur then on Fri when I got back to office I GOT A SHOCK at the pile on my table. So today went back to clear the pile. Was lonely there wor. lol

I liked the Ikea white stuff also. Haha think when my new house is up I will IKEA SPREE!

yes...childeren learn langguage very fast, if not wrong is before 6 or 7yo.

one of my friend, mommy speak hokkian, father speak france,grandma granpa speak chinese, maid speak bahasa,school speak english..... :good::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: 5 langguage in one time :notti: ....

and children is very unique, they know what language they need to use to speak to who ;)

Hi Cute,

I strongly agree with u. Like my gal, 6 yrs old this year, she speaks to me n hb in English & sometimes Mandarin but when she turn around to speak to her maternal grandmother, she speaks Mandarin and with her paternal grandmother she will also automatically change channel to Cantonese. Very cute one.

My gal is just like a parrot, she likes to echo what I talk and she still can tell me she copy-cat me. :bangwall: