Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chixchix

Which Wallpaper Quotation ?

Hi all ,anyone of you has installed Wallpaper in your home ? Please give me some advise.. I would like to put up wallpaper, for my dining wall which is 126 inches in length.

Some Interior designers I asked, they charged me about $800 at least and asked me to plaster my wall since my wall is a patchy.

..well today 1 guy from Lamis Interior Decoration came over, he showed me lovely designs and quoted me $300 including installation. He said he offered direct factory price.

Now I am confused ,should I go for interior designers to do up the wall paper and pay more, or should I just go with the cheaper price.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

me interested to find out if anyone has comments on Lamis too... Wallpapers are always one of the 'higher' costs of beautifying the place. :bangwall:

Guest our-home

Hi, just to share some info.

We went to SunRin Design (AMK Ind Pk) to make our curtains and they also do wallpaper.

Initially we got a quote to do a feature wall, 2m (w) x 2.2m (h). Costs $150 (one roll of wallpaper) + $200 for labour = $350.

Saw so many different designs/types of wallpaper with different pricing, quite difficult to compare - just like curtain fabrics.

SunRin decorator also mentioned that wall surface has to be smooth first.

In the end we decided to KIV that idea.

Perhaps you can ask to see some of Lamis works and ask him if your wall texture is ok for wallpaper? So no need to spend extra on plastering.

I know one forummer DIYed wallpaper in her home ...

When I got Weiken in ..they told me have to plaster my wall.. but when I asked another Wallpaper guy to do it ..and I asked him ,,,how obvious its going to be...he said not much ..so i thought ok ..lets take the challenge...

anyways ,, i feel that if your wall is patchy .people who generally walk into your house will be more fascinated by your wallpaper rather than to go see,,whether your wall is aptchy or stragith..so i went ahead with this guy ..from Senjenco..and I am happy with the results.. I cant even tell tht my wall is not even..

interesting, i also like wallpaper. i saw a wall paper that looked like a brick wall. we were at singapore expo today and there was a home furnishing fair there. there was a company doing wall papers today. can't recall the company name,but looked not bad.

hi

i have 2 roll of wallpaper left over from my reno. want to sell anyone interested

1 roll is brick design

1 roll is this :

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28329

you can try to DIY as i also have the mixture to make the glue as well

Its not difficult to put on If you are doing a wall without electric socket or funny shape corner,as less cutting n triming.

email me for more detail: socksingapore@yahoo.com.sg