Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

Bad Experience With Panggiap!

I just wanna share my super bad experience with panggiap and hope this serves as a warning to all fellow forummers. I engaged them to do a wrought iron metal gate as well as toilet windows. However, after signing the deal, the salesman Mr. Kee becomes totally uncontactable! He is never in office and never picks up his handphone. (many other customers experience the same thing). I needed to change the installation date and called him at his office to inform him (one of the rare occasion where i can get him on the phone). He agreed over the phone but the next day, his installers still came.

When i went up to check, i realise the design for my toilet window was not wat i wanted and i tried calling Mr. Kee to tell him but again no answer. So i called their office and to my astonishment, they tell me "sorry but your design is not allowed by hdb." My only thought then was, why din you tell me earlier?? (i ordered the windows few weeks back and have told Mr. Kee wat i want and he never mentioned anything about not allowed.) I called Panggiap and the guy called Andrew said his boss will call me back..but no one call me back after 2 days..and i was the one who kept calling them! 8|

In order to resolve this matter, i contacted Panggiap again and managed to talk to Mr. ANG who is the so-called BOSS of PANGGIAP! This is how my short conversation with him went:

Me: "hi, can i speak to Mr. Ang pls?"

Mr. ANG: "wat u wan?"

Me: "i am the owner of xxxx, Andrew said u'll call me back.."

Mr. ANG: "No time. wat you want cannot be done. if u wan to change measurements, you have to top up $$."

Me: "but i've contacted hdb and they said.." (he interrupted before i can finish wat i want to say)

Mr. ANG: "i follow wat hdb says..cannot be done means cannot..i dun care wat they say. if u wan to change must top up. i am in a meeting now, i call u back." (and he slam the phone on me.) :curse:

I din even get a chance to talk!! And note he said all these in a super unfriendly manner..i stunned there thinking..."wtf??" And i can't contact anyone since the coordinators have already went home. I sent Mr. Kee an sms immediately to cancel my order for the gate and told him i wan nothing more to do with Panggiap. How can they survive with such service attitude?? There isn't even any action to salvage this deal. I dun understand...anyway, if you intend to engage or is even considering, pls forget about it..otherwise you risk suffering the same fate as me or some of the other unhappy customers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

well i engaged panggiap for my window grilles

had rejected them initially but due to certain reasons had no choice but to use them

their workmanship is TERRIBLE!!!!

the grilles are so lose i can just shake it out of the frame!

thankfully my contractor is kind enough to hound panggiap on my behalf

the windows that were done by them? the handles broke one by one within months when they came down to replace the 2nd time, they broke another one themselves :furious: :furious:

best part is the worker said - it's like that one loh :fire: :fire:

well i engaged panggiap for my window grilles

had rejected them initially but due to certain reasons had no choice but to use them

their workmanship is TERRIBLE!!!!

the grilles are so lose i can just shake it out of the frame!

thankfully my contractor is kind enough to hound panggiap on my behalf

the windows that were done by them? the handles broke one by one within months when they came down to replace the 2nd time, they broke another one themselves :furious: :furious:

best part is the worker said - it's like that one loh :fire: :fire:

i really wonder how come they've not closed down yet with such service quality?? the installation guy who came to my place was quite nice but just that the salesman and boss's attitude suxs!! :bleah: so apple, wat happen to your grilles now?

after this incident, one of their staff called me back...apparantly PG's boss treat all customers like this..and there is poor communication between the sales and the installation side..thus results in all these problems. i will never consider their service again even if they offer me huge discounts or watever.

Very curious, did you guys pay up in full or deposit?

If in full, then better dont as we might encounter what the threadstarters bad experiences.

If deposit, then dont pay them the rest!

i really wonder how come they've not closed down yet with such service quality?? the installation guy who came to my place was quite nice but just that the salesman and boss's attitude suxs!! :bleah: so apple, wat happen to your grilles now?

after this incident, one of their staff called me back...apparantly PG's boss treat all customers like this..and there is poor communication between the sales and the installation side..thus results in all these problems. i will never consider their service again even if they offer me huge discounts or watever.

i'm pretty lucky coz my contractor dealt with them

initially i looked from them on my own capacity

but the salesman had the guts to be late first, then tell me he lost my address

i told him to don't bother coming, then his boss called me at night to say something like this

'erm you have pets at home right? if don't install grilles then anything happen to them not so good right?'

i mean, don't get my business so curse my pets :furious: :furious:

but in the end had to go back to them coz they are the only stockist of the grille design i want

went through my contractor to engage them

so my contractor told them to come down to replace those loose ones

the window handles also replaced :bleah:

i too had bad experience with panggiap. a pity i didn't see this thread before using them!

they were willing to customise the grille design i wanted. and used thinner metal (which they say is okay)

The list of complaints are long:

1. when grille is completed, the workmanship is so horrible that it was shocking. lines that are supposed to be straight are not. The triangle shapes are of different sizes (when they are supposed to be the same). And the welding parts are badly done with bulges.

2. one of the grilles is not customised according to specifications.

3. the grille frames are scratched. The exposed metal will then easily rust. we need to get them to return to respray

They are willing to change, but kept getting us to their factory to do QC for them! It is ridiculous and a whole waste of time.

mr ang, the boss, becomes totally silent after there are problems. And their installers kept insisting that this quality is already very 'fine'.

The only positive experience ihad with panggiap was with kim yoong, one of the sales execs. she was patient and handled the matter well.

i will not use panggiap again.

Hi all, be aware of this contractor called Ryan Yan from RY interior (see attached pic). Paid him 100% already since he is recommended by a friend and he appear sincere initially. he stopped work at about 10% with several reasonable defects such as installation deviate from design drawings, obvious scratches and wrong drilling of holes. he took several mths since last dec and still don't bother clear defects and keep pushing blame on us saying we pick on his work and his quote is very low priced he cant earn much.. come on , he quoted low that his own issue/mistake and he don't even bother to supervise his low skilled workers resulting in so many defects and wrong installation different from the original design given to him .moreover there are more defects we just closed one eye ask him clear those obvious ones. I heard he is also doing MCST work . Please do not engage him

Ryan Yan

RY interior

email:  ry_interior@yahoo.com.sg

HP : 81881551

Ryan Yan the crook.jpg

ry interior.jpg

I engaged Pang Giap to fabricate and install powder coated window grilles and iron gate. Below are this pics of the window grills and iron gate. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

Update August 2017:

I've removed all sharing feedback and actual pictures of window grills and iron gate by Pang Giap (PG). PG sent me a letter demanding me to remove the pictures and demanded payment from me to compensate for their loss in business and reputation with my previous sharing of photos of their products. I do not wish to have any more dealings with PG hence removing the pictures. 

There are other review of Pang Giap in this forum which was not written by me and hence unable to remove.

Below is the extract invoice as mentioned above."

***No negative comments nor posting of their products pictures**

invoice for compensation_masked_extract.JPG

Edited by violetty
Contractor threatens me and demand money for posting their product's picture on forum