Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miki

Species Home Furnishings

Hi, did you managed to receive the goods as scheduled? Any issue as what was mentioned on the delivery portion? Was the goods delivered in good condition? Gettting worried after reading all the posts here as i've also taken a package with them yesterday and delivery in May.

Rgds,

Delivery on time and very early. But i dun really have the time to eyeball all the details as my house is still in a mess. Just a simple check and all wrap back to the plastic.

The delivery guys were kind enough to wait and did not show any signs of frustration because when they deliver, my house was not cleaned up yet!

All the paper covers were still on the floor. My ID rushed down and did a simple clean and sweep.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Delivery on time and very early. But i dun really have the time to eyeball all the details as my house is still in a mess. Just a simple check and all wrap back to the plastic.

The delivery guys were kind enough to wait and did not show any signs of frustration because when they deliver, my house was not cleaned up yet!

All the paper covers were still on the floor. My ID rushed down and did a simple clean and sweep.

Hi glad to know your goods delivery was a positive one. Hope I'll also have a positive experience. Thks

Anyone recently have experience buying furniture from Species Home Furnishing???

Bought a package of sofa, dinning table, TV console and coffee table from them...

But thinking to cancel the deal after reading quite a numbers of bad review over at Renotalk forum...

Am thinking to buy Lorenzo sofa instead as it seems a safer choice...

Please share your experience...

Leather dries out, and it does peel and flake. you need to keep leather moisturised - it is skin after all. Do you polish your leather boots? this adds a soft wax, and keeps the leather soft, flexible and waterproof. It also stops the layer of colour from flaking off.

there are many products out there, and they don't cost too much. My lounge is already flaking badly, so I just give it a hit with boot polish/dubin every so often.

Infact , I purchased a whole leather living room set from Lorenza on 2010.What i have is a leather reclining sofa , 3 and 2 seaters leather sofa , all the same brand & material which cost me about $5800.

We have had no problems until this past week. Our furniture is PEELING, yes peeling. The salesman assured me that it was 100% leather wherever our bodies touched. I wasn't aware that leather was supposed to PEEL, it just flakes off. It looks

horrible and it's only 9 months old.

I then called the Lorenza Store where I purchased the furniture and asked to speak to the manager, they asked why and I explained my problem to them. They then said that I would have to let a customer service person know and they would take care of my problem.

Few weeks later , they sent a service man over to see.He is friendly and very insightful. He said that my PAINT was PEELING off of my leather. I wasn't aware that leather was painted. When I showed him other pieces of leather furniture that I own that haven't ever peeled (but show wear) he let me know that furniture isn't made the same way it used to be. He said that in the past things had better quality and held up better.

At the end , i was charges about $1500 for reupholstery the sofa.

To be honest , i think $280 is a very reasonable charges for reupholstery.

Nowadays , product not like 10 years ago lo...Last time television 10-15 years then need to change one.Now 3 years only must prepare a new one.

In fact only two kind of shop do not have any review here.

1) Newly Opened Shop becoz they started new like a few months then they wont have people trying their product or services.

2) No bussiness Shop becoz nobody buy from them where they got any review.Low sales = no complaints.

To be frank lo...even 6 stars hotel in SG aso have bad reviews and remarks.Why people still stay at them ?

Even taxi and mrt also many people complaint then do we still take taxi and mrt ?

Haha..this is the culture of SG people ba...For furnitures shop reviews....seems like all the shop in SG been reviews on this forum lo....Every shops aso got bad reviews before ba...then which shop to buy from ?

:):):):horse:

In fact only two kind of shop do not have any review here.

1) Newly Opened Shop becoz they started new like a few months then they wont have people trying their product or services.

2) No bussiness Shop becoz nobody buy from them where they got any review.Low sales = no complaints.

To be frank lo...even 6 stars hotel in SG aso have bad reviews and remarks.Why people still stay at them ?

Even taxi and mrt also many people complaint then do we still take taxi and mrt ?

Haha..this is the culture of SG people ba...For furnitures shop reviews....seems like all the shop in SG been reviews on this forum lo....Every shops aso got bad reviews before ba...then which shop to buy from ?

:):):):horse:

This is not true, there are some very good furniture retailers in Singapore, therefore they don't have any negative reviews here, here's a list of retailers that sell furniture that don't have complaints on this website:

1. LeMercier's

2. Marquis

3. Lifestorey

4. Domicil

5. HTL

6. Proof Living

7. Natuzzi

8. John Erdos

9. XZQT

10. Space

11. Molecule

12. Star

13. Mondi

I could go on, in every industry there are good companies and bad companies. Your would notice that if you are willing to spend a little bit more money you get better service and better product. You also notice that IKEA doesn't have bad reviews because they sell cheap products, consumers know that cheap products come with compromise on quality.

There is cheap, there is good, there is no such thing as cheap and good.

Hi OM999,

Thanks for your feedback...

But I am still not too sure whether should I stick with the deal I got with Species...

You heard anything about them?

I think you don’t need to worry. Just recently I bought a down feather fabric sofa from Species and a set of dining. Everything now have been deliver up, they’re service not too bad and the sofa nicely done. Actually I wanted to buy from Wynn when they are at the expo , as I heard from others that Wynn is just a few months old only. So I change my mind.

As mention above I think is quit true..NO review No business..!! Ha! And SG full of complaints. For me right…Hmmm...I don’t like to buy thing buy till so stress..As long I like the design n comfort plus the one who serve me is helpful and friendly I’m fine with that.

went to view species sofa at furniture mall last weekend.

their quality quite good but was disappointed over the price.

in the end went to a factory outlet and got the sofa i want at a irresistable price.

sofa hunter can pm me for the contact.

Hi all,

I just place an order with Species at last week expo... the bad feedback worry me alot.. I have place deposit of $2988 for $5988 package.

I really agreed with you guys is that their salesman are really hard sale.. I was like not allow to leave the booth and the lady serving me is somehow like keep bad mouthing other brand or company product which me and my wife dont quite like. She keep telling us how good their furniture are, but i really have to agreed that their furnitures look classy...with a XXXX price.

I really dunno how and what i should do now... stay with it and wait for all the furnitures to deliver to us then start to complain ??? or should we cancel the order ??

Any one advise me ?

Regards

Desmond

Hi all,

I just place an order with Species at last week expo... the bad feedback worry me alot.. I have place deposit of $2988 for $5988 package.

I really agreed with you guys is that their salesman are really hard sale.. I was like not allow to leave the booth and the lady serving me is somehow like keep bad mouthing other brand or company product which me and my wife dont quite like. She keep telling us how good their furniture are, but i really have to agreed that their furnitures look classy...with a XXXX price.

I really dunno how and what i should do now... stay with it and wait for all the furnitures to deliver to us then start to complain ??? or should we cancel the order ??

Any one advise me ?

Regards

Desmond

Chances are that they won't cancel the order, best you can do is negotiate to buy only the amount of the deposit.

Chances are that they won't cancel the order, best you can do is negotiate to buy only the amount of the deposit.

Hey Desmond,

Actually you don’t need to be worry. Cos I’m also one of the Species customer I brought few months ago. And had been send already. But ask yourself, first of all do you like their stuffs? Do you know sometime forums can’t be trusted 100%. Some maybe in the same trade. And which trade got no bad remark? I’m in car trade also got a lot of bad and good remark. I have a friend have an bad experience. The salesman say until so good but end up deliver the different thing up. If you worry why don’t you ask them to write down on the invoice that they promise you. So that you will be in peace of mind. That wat I do the last time. Hope that you have a happy buying la..

Hey Desmond,

Actually you don’t need to be worry. Cos I’m also one of the Species customer I brought few months ago. And had been send already. But ask yourself, first of all do you like their stuffs? Do you know sometime forums can’t be trusted 100%. Some maybe in the same trade. And which trade got no bad remark? I’m in car trade also got a lot of bad and good remark. I have a friend have an bad experience. The salesman say until so good but end up deliver the different thing up. If you worry why don’t you ask them to write down on the invoice that they promise you. So that you will be in peace of mind. That wat I do the last time. Hope that you have a happy buying la..

Honestly, I feel that forums are a good place for people to share their opinions. While forums cannot be trusted 100%, its definitely more CREDIBLE than salesman talk or ads by the furniture companies. I personally have been con-ed by many sales people. Hence, I would prefer to buy my furniture from more reputable companies or those that have been established for a longer period of time. Furniture companies or salesman that are out to deceive people - I doubt they will be around for a long time...

Dear All,

Thank you for all your advise..

Any one of you did purchase the same package as what i purchase ?

I think the sofa is good but the package seem very expensive as $5,988 can buy alot of stuff.

Sofa + Coffee Table + TV Console + Dining Table + 4 dining chairs = $5,988.00

If the sofa cost $2,688 then the remaining of the 4 items cost $3,300 ? Way to expensive i guess.

Is maybe true that chances are that they won't cancel the order, hope they are able to negotiate for the sofa with the deposit $2,988..

I believe $3,000 can buy Coffee Table + TV Console + Dining Table + 4 Dining Chairs easily.

Is really a hard decision....

Regards

Desmond

What did you choose for package $ 5988 for Species? Can you pick the more expensive sofa?

I think I want to cry after reading all the bad reviews here about Species. We were served by Sam, a typical Ah BENG. He was pleasant but pushy and I guess we got sweet-talk into it. No one's fault here but our own doing!

I guess we should always be wary of shops that do not have the prices indicated on each furniture.

I paid deposit $ 1800 only yesterday for a package $ 6988. There was a clause added that we can get our refund back if we decide not to get the package from them. THen on Sunday, That's exactly what I plan to do. CANCEL IT.

It included

TV console, TV Rack, Sofa, Lighting, 6 chairs. I did not take the dinning table because we are going to buy a dinning table from FC. How come FC and Species are the same company? Species told us that thier furniture are made in Malaysia and FC in China.

Assuming the TV console & table is $ 1000 each because we are getting the heaviest duty looking which I cant even move them myself....6 chairs at $ 200 each....that's only $ 3200....

The sofa and lighting cost $ 3788....

The sofa we intended to pick is the one 2.8m in dark dream color. This is the L-3 seater at the showroom at Furniture Mall at Plaza Hotel.

Was told it cost $ 4000 plus just the sofa alone.

I dont know what to tell my husband now.

$#%&(&)*(*^%^$#%#@$

Dear All,

Thank you for all your advise..

Any one of you did purchase the same package as what i purchase ?

I think the sofa is good but the package seem very expensive as $5,988 can buy alot of stuff.

Sofa + Coffee Table + TV Console + Dining Table + 4 dining chairs = $5,988.00

If the sofa cost $2,688 then the remaining of the 4 items cost $3,300 ? Way to expensive i guess.

Is maybe true that chances are that they won't cancel the order, hope they are able to negotiate for the sofa with the deposit $2,988..

I believe $3,000 can buy Coffee Table + TV Console + Dining Table + 4 Dining Chairs easily.

Is really a hard decision....

Regards

Desmond

hello I meant my comment to you. I am very interested to know what you pay for...please see my comment earlier.

What did you choose for package $ 5988 for Species? Can you pick the more expensive sofa?

I think I want to cry after reading all the bad reviews here about Species. We were served by Sam, a typical Ah BENG. He was pleasant but pushy and I guess we got sweet-talk into it. No one's fault here but our own doing!

I guess we should always be wary of shops that do not have the prices indicated on each furniture.

I paid deposit $ 1800 only yesterday for a package $ 6988. There was a clause added that we can get our refund back if we decide not to get the package from them. THen on Sunday, That's exactly what I plan to do. CANCEL IT.

It included

TV console, TV Rack, Sofa, Lighting, 6 chairs. I did not take the dinning table because we are going to buy a dinning table from FC. How come FC and Species are the same company? Species told us that thier furniture are made in Malaysia and FC in China.

Assuming the TV console & table is $ 1000 each because we are getting the heaviest duty looking which I cant even move them myself....6 chairs at $ 200 each....that's only $ 3200....

The sofa and lighting cost $ 3788....

The sofa we intended to pick is the one 2.8m in dark dream color. This is the L-3 seater at the showroom at Furniture Mall at Plaza Hotel.

Was told it cost $ 4000 plus just the sofa alone.

I dont know what to tell my husband now.

$#%&(&)*(*^%^$#%#@$

We like what we saw at Species. Our concerns are really about the cost of sofa and lighting. We had wanted to justify that we are paying the right prices for the package. So we spent the whole Sat checking out lighting prices and comparing sofa sets at different companies. We cant find similar/identical sofas and lighting lamp comparing to what we like at Species. Besides it is difficult to compare sofa quality. The lighting lamp we like at Species is also rather unique and nice.

In the end, we still prefer the leather sofa set & lighting lamp at Species. So we went back to Species at The Plaza FM and this time, we spoke with Sam again to understand/clarify the quality of each item we are getting. Sam gave us a thorough explaination and he also gave us a few good tips on our home decor. We are quite pleased with the overall service provided by Sam and actually ended up buying more items. Our items will be delivered end of July. Hopefully we get the quality as promise and which we had paid in FULL already.