Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miki

Species Home Furnishings

Bros Sooks,

I also got their package inclusive of L-Shape Mavis Sofa, Coffee Table, Dinning Table with 4 chair and TV Console.

It will be delivered on 2 Sept 2011 except for the coffee table which one lady called me and informed me the Coffee Table shipment was delayed to 15 Sept 2011. It is still ok for me as coffee table not so critical but i dont quite like that they do not provided sat delivery, only monday to friday... which I have to take leave to collect those furniture.

Will updated you on the delivery and product quality.

Regards

Desmond Kok

Same, my sister bought the package from them too and same problem.. coffee table late and when it comes they delivered the wrong one. SO my sister ask for a refund and they only refunded 500 bucks.

A year later the so call leather peeled.. and no choice my sister bought a new sofa this time round from casa-Italy and guess what the exact same model but this time round with 6mm leather at a cheaper price..

so its ur call...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Sooks,

I think you don’t need to be worry too much. Cos I’m also one of Species customer. I bought a sofa and a dining set form Kris. Already deliver up afew months back. They’re service not too bad and the sofa nicely done. Maybe you can look for her. As I mention above sometime forums can’t be trusted 100%. Cos I’m in car trade also got a lot of bad remark. As I say which trade got no bad remark? Even a 5 star hotel also got bad remark. Try not to listen too much from others. Just go from your heart which one you really like. Never try never know. Just like choosing your future love one. Ha! Happy Buying..:)

well, to keep this thread going, i would also like to share my experiences from reading all the post and replies here.

it seems to me that alot of posters in this thread have a very few or low post counts, some even solely created for the purpose of voicing their unhappiness, therefore am not sue if its genuine comments and reviews or just thread bashing. nonetheless, i've just placed order for one of their tv-consoles and dining tables and hopefully they do come through for me from their end of the bargain.

will update again when i take delivery of my items in Nov later this year.

cheers!

MeRf

Leslie has replied me and we are trying to work this out. I am not going to settle for another replacement of coffee table.

Edited by KLENE

I think you have to take firmer action then to write in this forum.....sad to say, but I think most people buying sofa will just walk around and at the sight of what they want, buy it. This forumn only have a tiny percentage of people looking for furniture.

I recent took a walk in graciousc living fair at expo.....a signifiant portions are occupied by shops having bad reps in this forum, but I can see most of them doing roaring trade....if this forum has made any impact, those shops would have shut down a long time ago...

To all who r going to buy from them pls reconsider ... They r now trying to chuk pattern to me... Let's see ...

Care to elaborate as to what went wrong with your furniture purchase?

To all who r going to buy from them pls reconsider ... They r now trying to chuk pattern to me... Let's see ...

wow, care to elaborate what happened and their course of action?

they are delivering my items tomorrow afternoon, i just pray and hope everything turns out fine and the furniture arrives swee swee... if not, am going straight to CASE liaoz. :furious:

just an update on my experience with them, they came to deliver my TV console and dining table last Saturday and they were quite prompt on time, said will deliver between 12-2pm and they arrived by 11:50am. both items arrived in good cosmetic and working condition thou there are some areas like paint un-eveness but are all either below the table or at the back of the console which ish hidden away from view so still not that bad.

overall quite satisfied with them on the delivery. however one thing i've noticed was that most of the forumer with issues here are about their Sofas which i've did not purchase from them, my items were sent by another company/factory and not Species Furnishing themselves. so i cant really guarantee if you would receive the same experience if the delivery was made by Species themselves.

Bad encounter with them

Paid $2800 for a dinning table and 2 seater sofa.

Merely 2 years,the sofa legs rusted and the leather cracked, tore and peeled. The sofa has been seeing low usage and has never been abused.

When I called, the company offered to re-upholster the sofa for $480 but they refuse to be specific what kind of leather they are going to re do the sofa.

I followed up again and they return with a call to reupholster for $150 and mentioned this $150 was an "insult" to them.

Again, they did not put in writing nor be specific what leather they will use. It is impossible for me to accept their offer with no details.

If you decide to patronise Species Furnishings, be sure you get them to write in the invoice whatever quality they claim.

I am contemplating having this sofa for sales. If you do not mind the condition, then do stay tune.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/1807585.html?1328940378

@ psylence, edisontan, gargamel...

i am facing a similar problem with my species couch - small cracks after 13-14 mths, now its a disaster

we spoke to their customer service to complain and the factory knows their "leather" was too thin and offer to re-upholster, but want to charge a high transport fee.

we feel that there should not be any transport fee since there wouldnt be such inconvenience if they had used quality material at the correct thickness in the first place..

appreciate if the other users who settled with species PM me about how they settled their disputes - reupholstering, refunds, new couch at discount, etc...

they only offered the service after we told them that we know there has been alot of online complains and another adverse publicity would affect their customers' confidence in them. it has taken us more than a month with constant calls to get them to respond. we are quite fed up with this poor quality and hassle, so decided to post this to update all to see.

does anyone want to bring up the matter collectively to CASE to get more momentum and awareness?

im attaching the bad condition of my couch - other new cracks are appearing, and can see the stage by stage deterioration

bulges

lines

cracks

bad

OK, first sign of trouble. Items scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Called to confirm delivery in the morning, lady answered and cannot seems to confirm, say will call back. No follow up. Called again same day 3pm, again, cannot confirm as the "delivery guy" is out...wth...

OK, first sign of trouble. Items scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Called to confirm delivery in the morning, lady answered and cannot seems to confirm, say will call back. No follow up. Called again same day 3pm, again, cannot confirm as the "delivery guy" is out...wth...

How is the delivery and items? Appreciate your feedback. thx