Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wjzkev

Sony X Series : Samsung 6-8 Series Comment

Hi All,

Comments pls.

currently am shopping ard for lcd 40min and have boildown to this 2 brands.

Fcators affecting purchase:

1) pricing - samsung is 1/2 the price of a x series

2) panel hear says sony panel are collaboration jobs and in the x series it is not the clear / ultra clear. which i saw the the effect on the samsung. Experts pls comment

3) mainly using for watching std tv programs (thus am worry abt the blurness aka pixelation) and using mainly for pc output

4) sepcs wise saw that samsung is more techy compare to sony

Besides the 6 series i am intertested in the 7/8 series.

i have never used a samsung product thus will ik to knwo how reliable it is. Benn using sony most of my life.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

go to those super stores and get them to do a demo for you to compare. I was at Taka best and the salesperson showed me a bluray disc demo. Sony was totally off for me. Samsung was abit blurry, and surprisingly, Philips panels were the best. I havent decided which to get cos Samsung's offers are pretty irresistable (with the free gifts promo)

Thanks Skim Milk for the reply (tot the thread died)

anyway i got the X series (offer is too good to be miss) and i prefer the old x design compare to the upcoming X (Of cos the new x will cos me and arm and leg).

if going for samsung i will have choose the 7,8,9 series becuase of the features, of course in terms of colour Samsung seems to be more dynamic but i not used to it. Personally i was targetting at the series 8.

Hint> go to mustafa u will get good discount, if u interested in sony i can intro the sales guy to you who can do wonder (ps, i no commision)

I am using series 6 Samsung 40 inch. It's pretty good thru.. definitely not as clear as CRT (I was using similar size for CRT..)

Good thingy that u don't need separate STB for receiving HD5 and those digital channels..

Not sure if you guys have heard about a electrical shop at bukit merah lane.

I bought a LCD 32" there and it is $100 cheaper then what I can find in HN or GAIN.

But the only thing is you need to pay cash.

Interested party PM me for contact.

The cheapest time to get is via those computer show.. can't beat anywhere...

there's a Panasonic raodshow in Suntec City now till Sunday.

Should go & take a look at the PY800H models. Its plasma TV & it sure beat the Samsungs or Sonys hands down in terms of pricing, specs details & the pix quality.

Cheers

Vince

there's a Panasonic raodshow in Suntec City now till Sunday.

Should go & take a look at the PY800H models. Its plasma TV & it sure beat the Samsungs or Sonys hands down in terms of pricing, specs details & the pix quality.

Cheers

Vince

but u can nv compare lcd with plasma. dey have their diff pros n cons. not fair to compair clarity btw lcd n plasma

Frankly, I am never a fan of korean stuff.. except LCD and LCD TV. So far.. it has performed very well..

Value for money.. bah.. plus usability quite good. The problem is probably the instruction manual. Haven't found them very useful

but u can nv compare lcd with plasma. dey have their diff pros n cons. not fair to compair clarity btw lcd n plasma

When we buy a TV, we always look for these usual suspects -

1) Clarity

2) price

3) Specs

4) Clarity

5) Electricity consumption

6) Size

7) Clarity

I used to be a LCD advocate but after owning both LCDs & plasma, I have to personally gives a big thumbs up to the Plasma.

Regards

Vince

Thanks Skim Milk for the reply (tot the thread died)

anyway i got the X series (offer is too good to be miss) and i prefer the old x design compare to the upcoming X (Of cos the new x will cos me and arm and leg).

if going for samsung i will have choose the 7,8,9 series becuase of the features, of course in terms of colour Samsung seems to be more dynamic but i not used to it. Personally i was targetting at the series 8.

Hint> go to mustafa u will get good discount, if u interested in sony i can intro the sales guy to you who can do wonder (ps, i no commision)

How much for the X Series?

I went to Mustafa - the X300 46" he quoted me was $4999 - with gifts

IT show was $3999 !

How much for the X Series?

I went to Mustafa - the X300 46" he quoted me was $4999 - with gifts

IT show was $3999 !

Sorry arhh but can i know do u get IT show for 1 whole mth? Mustatfa can open 24hrs for 1 whole month the price of 4999 i do not know there for at least weeks to 1 month.

I applogise if i sound harsh but cannot compare pc show to regular shop pricing. If you think the price at not good enuff maybe can try at neighbourhood stall (i doubt serious they can give u a good pricing).

On the other hand i can advise dun buy now wait for oct end pc show at changi maybe u can get better discount at the old X and New X

Bottom line: If u like it get it, dun wait and compare past pricing cos in the end cos u will regret either why u did not get in teh past or during show.Anyway not only PC show you get 3999 i learnt from another guy he got it at harvey norman warehse sale oso at abt this price.

Another place to target is Courts go for their warehse sales, there is other brands other than sony and as i mentioned before sony is brand only technology i still prefer Samsung. Why i mentioned mustafa is because

1) i get a good deal there (personal view)

2) i think is a good place for one a noob like me to view so many brands and compare at least.

So i hope to help those in confusion state like me here here

i bought my 2 sony x series 46" from harvey norman expo sales last month. Pricing is unbelievable until i was so worried whether the product is a defected batch or not.

Sony bravia x series SGD 3999 + 200 Isetan voucher + 100 NTUC voucher + 3 yrs sony warranty + 1 HDMI cable + wall mount kits (tilted) + free installation

The salesman told me that this batch is actually assembly in Malaysia , not those display in store which is come direct from Japan. All components is the same only workmanship from different country.

When i register the product online, the product code actually come with a " TH" behind. So i wonder may be this is a thailand set instead of MY.

I also bought my philips HTS 8140 sound bar from the sales.

All products had been delivered on time, but not mounted yet as my new house is still undergo renovation. hope all works fine. hahaha

i bought my 2 sony x series 46" from harvey norman expo sales last month. Pricing is unbelievable until i was so worried whether the product is a defected batch or not.

Sony bravia x series SGD 3999 + 200 Isetan voucher + 100 NTUC voucher + 3 yrs sony warranty + 1 HDMI cable + wall mount kits (tilted) + free installation

The salesman told me that this batch is actually assembly in Malaysia , not those display in store which is come direct from Japan. All components is the same only workmanship from different country.

When i register the product online, the product code actually come with a " TH" behind. So i wonder may be this is a thailand set instead of MY.

I also bought my philips HTS 8140 sound bar from the sales.

All products had been delivered on time, but not mounted yet as my new house is still undergo renovation. hope all works fine. hahaha

and you bought two sets? :jawdrop: