Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chixchix

Shaggy Rugs

hii all those of you who have or are intending to buy a shaggy rug... how much do you think is reasonable to pay for one ... I am at a lost, I need to get one fast.

Red Apple IMM it was selling at $ 699 ,,,at IFC .. they were selling at $1299 for super shaggy ..thats 2m by 3m..... at Lorenzo in IFC ,they were being sold at $499... i liked the one that was going at $ 1299 ,..wch I managed to bargain till $ 900 but still I walked out of the shop cos I dont know whether it was worth to pay $ 900 for a super shaggy rug.

Please help..i hope to get some replies here ! :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wat size are you looking at? where is the rugs manufactured from? I have a friend brought from ifc, he says quality very good...not sure which shop he brought it from. I guess it is一分钱一分货. It all depends on your budget.....

Meridan : you try to ask ur frd can..where he bought from ..i saw one shop,2nd floor at IFC ..very nice ..the china lady charging me,, $900 for 2m by 3m shaggy rig..but I dunno if it was worth to pay that much.

Smartfool : where is OM ??

i'm not really sure if the ones i bought are shaggy- they are kinda the shorter hair kind (hubby has sensitive nose =p) of carpets.

but i bought mine from Courts (upper bukit timah) and they had 20% discount.

one was 1.6 by 2.3m for around $100 and 1.2 by 1.6m for around $56. (after discount)

feels soft and comfortable for now... and when i pull the hair it doesn't shed... hope it stays that way.

Edited by flyingballoons

Meridan : you try to ask ur frd can..where he bought from ..i saw one shop,2nd floor at IFC ..very nice ..the china lady charging me,, $900 for 2m by 3m shaggy rig..but I dunno if it was worth to pay that much.

Smartfool : where is OM ??

Hi chixchix, my friend bought from IFC, 2nd floor, Home Themes. My friend said the rug is from belgium and quality good.....maybe it is the same shop that you went?

hey yah hahahhaa.. gosh ..i am growing old and forgetful.. yeah 1 PRC lady attended to me ..thats why she told me the Pearly shaggy and Super Shaggy is $1288 ...I bargain till $ 900 .. then I was confused whether it was really worth paying this much for a carpet...

hihi i also went to IFC Home themes before.. interested in their rugs as well...

hey chixchix, may i know the size of the rug that u have bargained to $900??

my frd ever told me to diy one.. she say she went to lush and they do it themselves also.. like a net below then tie the 'fur' using a 'stick'..

anyone ever diy b4?? can share how much is the price of diy one for wat sizes... i am thinking is it worth the trouble or not...

oh that one was big.. 2m by 3m ..but smaller one she was asking 699 i think.. in IMM ..red apple got nice shaggy rugs also.. $699 .. and I saw in the papers the other day ..they are haveing 30% off all carpets now..

u might wan to try to go JB Angsana to get the shaggy rugs. i saw one (forgot size but somewhat substantially big) that sells for RM$899.

Oh does Courts sell ?? I asked at Jurong Point courts but was told that they dont sell carpets..or rugs. :( ...shaggy carpets are like dog's fur..very soft.

Hey chixchix,

i bought my carpets from Courts (upper bukit timah)

you can take a look!

selection is not the most fantastic but I could find what i want. not sure what kind of designs u are looking for but i was looking for quite plain ones and they have it. Reasonable prices I feel. :)

Edited by flyingballoons