Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redang

Our Love Sanctuary @ Strathmore Avenue Aka Forfar Heights

Hi all,

I decided to create a T-blog to chronicle every step of our journey towards creating our dream home!

We have been hunting for sometime for a resale home near my parents but the asking price was really excessive (over 100k COV - crazy agents and greedy homeowners). 8|:curse:

So we applied and successfully balloted for a 5 room flat at Queenstown during the Jan 2008 balloting exercise.

So far, we have been fairly lucky when we go balloting. First time we applied to HDB we got really good number - No 8 ballot number for Cityview DBSS - before deciding its not worth the hefty pricetag! Lucky didn't get that! :P

After missing out on a chance for Telok Blangah, we balloted for Queenstown and this time we got got a good number (No 19) and here we are!

Actually, we could have a choice of Tanglin Halt's high floors but my missus prefers here and I can see why! It's nice and quiet - though I think it will all change when the new Dawson developments come along.

Hope my neighbours on this forum can give me some advice and guidance to our new home. :bow::help:

Now hunting for IDs so hopefully I find one soon! :rolleyes::dancingqueen:

NewHome001.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Let me be the 1st to congratulate u!!

love the location cos one of my frens used to stay there

very windy his place

all the best for ur reno!

Thanks so much SmartFool :D - we are excited to get our first home :sport-smiley-004: but I'm clueless when it comes to reno so hope to hear from everyone to give me tips and ideas - especially when it comes to $$$$ :notti:

Congrat!!!

My aunt also stay there!

Very very windy!

Dont need to on the ceiling fans.

I am not sure whether your living room is facing the empty plot of land...cos it is very windy!

Good Luck!!!!

Congrat!!!

My aunt also stay there!

Very very windy!

I am not sure whether your living room is facing the empty plot of land...cos it is very windy!

Good Luck!!!!

congrats on ur new place!

Hi h4happy,

Congrats on your new place! :yamseng:

Just a comment on your layout plan, Bedroom 2 doorway is in bedroom 3? Are you planning to merge the 2 bedrooms, if not, seems abit troublesome to get into br2

Congrat!!!

My aunt also stay there!

Very very windy!

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks h4happy! Yes, its facing the empty land and it does seems to be windy when we visited the place.

Will need the luck. Now hunting for ID and should come down to our shortlist soon! :sport-smiley-018:

mwerkz: Think the luck is from my fiancee - she's my lucky star! She said she got a feeling that she will get the flat even back in January! :P

bubble-ling: Thanks for your best wishes!

Hi h4happy,

Congrats on your new place! :yamseng:

Just a comment on your layout plan, Bedroom 2 doorway is in bedroom 3? Are you planning to merge the 2 bedrooms, if not, seems abit troublesome to get into br2

Thanks RawR for your wishes!

Ya, its a little small but Bedroom 2 is going to be a study so guess it won't be too much of an issue for now.

Congrates on ur new home and looking forward to the pics! :P

spam chop :dancingqueen:

very interesting layout

any pix of your unit to share?

More pictures as requested :rolleyes: !

Bedroom 3

NewHome037.jpg

Bedroom 2

NewHome039.jpg

Living Room

NewHome029.jpg

So sad we can't be neighbors. We're at strathmore too, but LOW level :dunno: . Which level is yours? Which block?

Visit our blog for new updates: http://kfcsingapore.blogspot.com/

If you're looking for a cheap contractor, we can recommend our contractor to you. He's very nice, friendly and most importantly, we love the workmanship and feel very comfortable with them.

Else you can do your own research by meeting all recommended IDs and contractors that are recommended in this forum. Get some quotations and compare. Your feeling towards the IDs/contractors is also very important.

Can also contact me if you want to see our place. But reno is not done yet.

I can also give you a list of recommended IDs that I got from someone else in this forum. PM me if interested.

Thanks so much SmartFool :D - we are excited to get our first home :sport-smiley-004: but I'm clueless when it comes to reno so hope to hear from everyone to give me tips and ideas - especially when it comes to $$$$ :notti:

got alot of experts here to help u

dun worry :dancingqueen:

this forum very helpful so can check out for the items and places u can buy from :deal:

1st tip....buy toilet accessories from chicken brand....thought it is very expensive...you will not regret it. I regret buying from Poh Joo, my toile accessories already rust!! So, remember that!

2nd tip....dont buy ceiling fan from pdf (jalan besar), might got sound after slightly more that 3 months, ask them to come as it is under waranty, but must pay for their transportation charges of $40!!!

Good LUCK!