- Comfy

- Nice design

- Recliner mechanism is well-known USA-made Leggett & Platt

- Price reasonable for the quality

- Long history and chances of getting cheated very minimum

- ISO certified

- GST and delivery charges absorbed

- Leather kit thrown in as freebie

- Friendly and knowledgeable salesperson. When we used technical terms for the leather quality and ask questions, she was able to understand and provide us with the info. Also the characteristics of the leather she described is correct as per our research. E.g. semi-aniline, finished leather etc..

Expected delivery is 24 Oct. Will post pics n update how was the service.

Edited by hasibee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I just bought sofa from Cellini too, fabric is micro-suede type. It can withstand water temporarily, u got to wipe the spill with tissue as it takes some time for the water to go through due to tight thread design. Delivery in Dec.

I postponed my delivery to Tues 28th as we have plans for the evening. Waited almost a month and my current sofa's leather is peeling all over.

can't wait for the new one to come. Will post pics soon :D

To all,

this is my 1st time post a commen and also just register as a member

My house just finish renovate and looking for some information about furniture on internet, and i found this website and read some of yours commen here.

So i decide to kepo a bit.

Sorry for i am not Singaporean.

I am Malaysian and currently stay at Muar, Johor.

Just share some experience only.

I read commen from "hasibee"

and i know she already purchase a Sofa from Cellini.

Well, Actually this problem also trouobe me for a quite time

Duno wat sofa should i buy

Leather or Fabric.

Finally i end up on buying Leather sofa from Lorenzo.

Lorenzo sofa are expensive but when got sales, it can up to 60%

I not sure how is the different between the price compare Singapore and Malaysia Lorenzo

The sofa i purchase are only RM2980 after 60% discount.

That mean the original price is around RM7500.

For me RM7500 is expensive but maybe convert to Singapore dollar just around $3400

For me the leather sofa feeling are really great.

At 1st, i also consider to buy a fabric L-shape sofa. because L-shape are more contemporary design.

But after i sit on the Lorenzo leather sofa, the feeling already make the choice for me and i already order and it take time maximum 45 days on delivery.

So, i think end of this month i can get my sofa.

I will upload some pic here just to share.

Thank you for all the comment here.

:)

Hi All,

I just bought a L-Shape sofa & dinng set from Furniture club, the sofa is a fabric sofa call ono, looks pretty good. I did alot of walking and it seem Furniture club do provide quite good range on furniture & price is relatively reasonable.

Cheers

Which is easier to maintain ?

Leather is easiest to maintain for regular "adult" use. easy to clean off crumbs, animal hair, dust, dirt, etc. However, if you have kids that spill/vomit/pee/etc. or animals that are the same or have sharp claws...stay away from leather

What are the Pros and Cons ?

Leather is easy to clean up day to day stuff. But the first spill (on untreated leather...like no stain guard) and it's in trouble. Plus, after a while, the stain guard goes with it. So, the leather will begin to crease, stain, rip, etc.

Fabric is hard to clean up, but it has more durability. If a hole gets poked in it, you have an easier time fixing it, and sometimes you won't even notice it!

What kind of problems you face with your leather or fabric sofa ?

I have a suede-like fabric, and I love it. No problems, as it is stain guarded. And it's a dark color, so it hides imperfections well. I had a leather couch, but my dog tore it up.

What would be your choice if you have to get a sofa ?

Fabric. Dark, suede-like or textured fabric.

What do you think of fabric sofas from Ikea ?

Haven't had that much experience with it, but I will say that they are inexpensive, and easy to replace if needed.

Hi

Recent started my hunt for Sofa too.

well this is what I have gather between leather or Fabric (price aside)

Con of leather Sofa: :(

Leather sofa are usually all sitched up, ie we can only wipe stain up asap when spill occur. but what happen if fluid stain seep through the gap whereby your hand are unreachable. (Gap are usually between the lumbar and the seat pan)

if select a genuine leather then heat trap is less of an issue when seated for a period of time.

Many people says less maintenace for leather but if u were to wipe it once a week / month would u consider low or high?

Pro of leather :)

Leather sofa has more class when u look at it

In term of stain resistance is better then fabric sofa

Con of fabric sofa: :(

Fabric tends to absorb fluid including our sweat when seat for long.

Fabric may smell if it is unable to wash,

Maintenace will depends (Sofa with removable cover or sofa without)

Complicated shape of fabric sofa cannot have removable cover

Pro Farbic type :)

Theses days more and more fabric sofa design are able to remove its cover for washing

Removing covers are made easier these day as well with more zipper or velcro.

They can have patterned design to match your house theme and of course different texture feel too

U can change cover to another color if u buy extra covers to have a new looks to your living room

I, myself landed with farbic sofa, order from s&r furniture in AMK Ave 1.

Above is just my perception comments for reference.

:yamseng:

For fabric, if you are worried about spills, apparently 3m scotchguard can minimise the seepage for fabric sofas. Using Ikea ecktorp sofa now and it is very comfortable. However, its stuffing (feathers) manages to escape once in a while.

For fabric, if you are worried about spills, apparently 3m scotchguard can minimise the seepage for fabric sofas. Using Ikea ecktorp sofa now and it is very comfortable. However, its stuffing (feathers) manages to escape once in a while.

I am considering a 3 seater EKTORP sofa too! Can u tell me if it is easy to remove & put back? The Ikea salesperson told me it might be hard to put back as it will shrink slightly after wash. I am concern about how much time it will take me to change the covers versus buying a leather sofa. how often do u change the covers? is it hot in a non aircon environment?

thanks for your advise in advance!

Hi

Recent started my hunt for Sofa too.

well this is what I have gather between leather or Fabric (price aside)

Con of leather Sofa: :(

Leather sofa are usually all sitched up, ie we can only wipe stain up asap when spill occur. but what happen if fluid stain seep through the gap whereby your hand are unreachable. (Gap are usually between the lumbar and the seat pan)

if select a genuine leather then heat trap is less of an issue when seated for a period of time.

Many people says less maintenace for leather but if u were to wipe it once a week / month would u consider low or high?

Pro of leather :)

Leather sofa has more class when u look at it

In term of stain resistance is better then fabric sofa

Con of fabric sofa: :(

Fabric tends to absorb fluid including our sweat when seat for long.

Fabric may smell if it is unable to wash,

Maintenace will depends (Sofa with removable cover or sofa without)

Complicated shape of fabric sofa cannot have removable cover

Pro Farbic type :)

Theses days more and more fabric sofa design are able to remove its cover for washing

Removing covers are made easier these day as well with more zipper or velcro.

They can have patterned design to match your house theme and of course different texture feel too

U can change cover to another color if u buy extra covers to have a new looks to your living room

I, myself landed with farbic sofa, order from s&r furniture in AMK Ave 1.

Above is just my perception comments for reference.

:yamseng:

Guys, I'm new here. This is an interesting topic and especially relevant for me!

My fabric sofa cover recently ripped and the seat cushion/foam has been getting really saggy. So I thought it's probably a great time to shop for a new sofa.

Searched a few shops mentioned in this post and have more or less decided to get a leather sofa this time round as we are expecting our 1st baby come Jan 09 and thought leather will be better able to withstand the oncoming abuse! We are prepared to spend 2.5K but seriously wondering if this budget is enough to get us a GENUINE leather sofa? We actually have our eyes set on a calf-hide sofa that we saw at LUSH in Balestier area. It's priced at 3K odd but with OCBC credit card, there's a 35% discount so quite attractive lor!

Only thing is, how do we know if it's REALLY genuine leather? So far there's only the sales assistance word that it is. He even assured me it's TOP GRADE leather! I kinda find it hard to believe that TOP GRADE Aniline leather can be THIS cheap? (Sigh...too expensive, we complain! Too cheap, we suspect something wrong!!! :P ) The reason why we so concerned is because we are kinda scared by some of the comments here about Non-genuine leather being hot and sweaty to the skin. Dun wanna spend a few thousand bucks only to be uncomfortable and end up sitting on the floor!

Be really glad for any comments or advice from the community here! Thanks guys!

I started looking for sofa recently as my trusted 6-year old fabric sofa from OM Living is due for retirement. I have looked around quite a number of shops and realised that recliner sofas are very common. However, I am rather concerned about the safety aspect since I have two kids at home. I am worried that one might put hand or even head in between the leg rest part resulting in serious injury. Any advice on this please?

Thanks TYM for the suggestion. I will check it out this weekend.

I current sofa is leather and i bought from Sea Horse for $800: 3 seater n one lounge (L shape). The sales man told me it's genuine leather. I thought it was a good deal. But it's only 2 yrs only now and it's all cracked up and the layers are peeling.

We don't have kids at home. From the peel, I can tell that it's definitely not full genuine leather. Got conned by the salesperson... Like some say, you get what you paid for.

So this time we increased our budget, really want to research and make sure we are not conned again. I can definitely tell u, it's impossible to get genuine full leather sofa for 1K. If u can get, that must be bycast leather or PU (synthetic leather). U can only get a recliner maybe... that's too nowadays difficult to find one under 1K.

We reccee a few shops yesterday. Went to Castilla, full leather 5 seater (4 of them is recliner), high back, inclusive of delivery + gst + leather cleaner kit , was quoted $4200. It was a good deal but it wasn't so soft and comfy to sit it. Also the recliner mechanism isn't so smooth.

Checked out Cellini, full leather, 5 seater (4 of them recliner), high back , inclusive of gst+deliver+ leather cleaner kit = $3670. The leather was comfy n soft, recliner mechanism was smooth too. without recliner, cheapest we could find at both places were around $2900+.

We gonna check out the rest of the suggested places this weekend. I think my 3K budget also not enough, must top up a big more :(

i think leather easier to maintain, just need to wipe with a plain wet cloth once a week to remove the dust or dust off with feather duster. Once every few months just apply leather kit.

Fabric is cheaper but need to really take care from spills, dust can set in, must air the cushion in the sun at least once a month to make sure no smell, was cushion cover... just thinking of the work makes me tired... i don't think i have the time lor...

hi

we bought n use our lorenzo geniune leather sofa for 9 yrs n the leather is as gd, tho we seldom polish. hwevr, a few of the stainless steel legs were broken during hse movg even b4 the sofa left our hse... dunno who's fault.. :dunno: mayb its the wear n tear, bt consider quite lasting oredi for 9 yrs.. leathers are truly warmer n we need 2 'on' the ceiling fan wenever we sat on the sofa.

nw for our new home, we'v chosen micro-fibre sofa (nt removable) instead cos hope it wnt be as warm n sticky wen we'r on our shorts or singlets :yamseng: heard micro-fibre is easier to maintain than other fabric.. it's water resistant. cost $500 as we dun intend 2 use it for a very long time, compared to lorenzo at $2k+.

dpnds on ur budget n lifestyle oso.. whthr u lookg at long or short term.. i still think no need to spend so much on sofa.. it's juz my opinion tho.. :D

Guys, I'm new here. This is an interesting topic and especially relevant for me!

My fabric sofa cover recently ripped and the seat cushion/foam has been getting really saggy. So I thought it's probably a great time to shop for a new sofa.

Searched a few shops mentioned in this post and have more or less decided to get a leather sofa this time round as we are expecting our 1st baby come Jan 09 and thought leather will be better able to withstand the oncoming abuse! We are prepared to spend 2.5K but seriously wondering if this budget is enough to get us a GENUINE leather sofa? We actually have our eyes set on a calf-hide sofa that we saw at LUSH in Balestier area. It's priced at 3K odd but with OCBC credit card, there's a 35% discount so quite attractive lor!

Only thing is, how do we know if it's REALLY genuine leather? So far there's only the sales assistance word that it is. He even assured me it's TOP GRADE leather! I kinda find it hard to believe that TOP GRADE Aniline leather can be THIS cheap? (Sigh...too expensive, we complain! Too cheap, we suspect something wrong!!! :P ) The reason why we so concerned is because we are kinda scared by some of the comments here about Non-genuine leather being hot and sweaty to the skin. Dun wanna spend a few thousand bucks only to be uncomfortable and end up sitting on the floor!

Be really glad for any comments or advice from the community here! Thanks guys!

Hi all! Would like to say that we finally decided to get the leather sofa from LUSH and the service was very good and professional! The sofa arrived within 8 weeks as promised and the delivery people were very friendly and accommodating too!

We are glad to announce that the leather did not feel hot and clammy as we had feared. Instead, the calf leather is really soft and cooling to the skin! Unlike our previous "micro fibre" piece, the leather cover kinda adjust to our body temperature and feels very......well, I can't find a more appropriate word than "cooling"!!

We're really glad we went for a leather piece afterall! And can I just add that the smell of brand new leather is simply heavenly!!! :D