Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hasibee

Leather Sofa Vs Fabric Sofa

I have found that leather is more durable, unless you have pets, but it is also cold. Pet's nails scratch the leather, making holes and scrapes. Cloth is good, but it needs cleaning, however you can put different covers on cloth sofa too. I think go to the stores and sit, lay and then decide which you like better.

Good Luck :)

Linda

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
after removing fabric covers for washing..anyone has problem putting it back???

I heard horror stories of unable to put back the cover after washing

i bought my fabric sofa from seahorse Hecom in 2006. as there wasnt much colors to choose from, i chose a dark & light color covers.

unfortunately 1 of the dark color cover zip practically snap when i tried to change the cover & the light color cover(beige color with some brown lines) seems to 'look' abit dirty even though i had wash it every mthly.

i wanted to go back to seahorse to do new covers for the sofa but my hubby said might as well buy a new sofa next year cos we found out the interior sponge also started to turn yellow.

i doubt i will go back to seahorse to buy fabric sofa.

Anyone heard of smooth leather?? the salesman told me it is not 100% real leather but it is a mixture.. they call it treated leather.. water resistance ( he pour coffee and wipe it off on a white sofa) and fire resistance ( he try to burn it with his lighter).

The leather is very smooth and comfortable..but i am not sure it will trap heat as i only sit on the sofa for 15 mins..

The salesman also mention that real leather need to maintain like using leather solution to wipe it etc.. this sort of treated leather just use clean cloth and wipe can liao..

any comments?

Anyone heard of smooth leather?? the salesman told me it is not 100% real leather but it is a mixture.. they call it treated leather.. water resistance ( he pour coffee and wipe it off on a white sofa) and fire resistance ( he try to burn it with his lighter).

The leather is very smooth and comfortable..but i am not sure it will trap heat as i only sit on the sofa for 15 mins..

The salesman also mention that real leather need to maintain like using leather solution to wipe it etc.. this sort of treated leather just use clean cloth and wipe can liao..

any comments?

hi,

did u manage to buy this leather seat?

any comments?

When a material is water proof means that it will also trap heat. Most likely smooth leather is not really real leather maybe fake.

The lighter test is a trick. If he can light the flame and hold it on the same spot and if it doesnt burn tell me.

I can do the same test on my hand.

The trick is to keep moving the flame so that the heat doesnt build up on the same spot. That way it never burn.

Real leather and fake leather can be clean by just water and clean cloth.

so far i only heard of reborn leather.. it is a recycle leather.. duno good anot?

anyway can enlighten how many kind of leather sofa? i know even if real leather also have different grades?

hi guys, the sofa i brought 5years back is starting to crack, any shop doing refurnishing of the skin?

It would be cheaper to get a new sofa.

Ive been using genuine leather sofa (Not PU leather) Purchased from Univonna in May2008 & comes with a 5 year no question asked exchange guarantee. So far so good. It does get hot sometimes but this is Spore so having the aircon will solve this problem. As for spilling drinks on the sofa, sometimes accidents do happen. Leather will no have this problem as a clean cloth can wipe away the stains.

Cheers

cheaper to look for a new sofa then re-cushioned an existing one?

Lifespan of Genuine Leather is about 6-8 years. Some people use it longer with maintenance. Also, your sofa foam and frame is already used for 5 years.

So it would be better to buy a new sofa than to reupholster. Having said that if you have imported Italian set, it might be a different story.

hi all, so if full leather one can't tell with naked eye if it's really full & will

crack in couple years, what bout half leather? what brands are good?

possible to get for 3 seater around $2k ? many thanks :D