Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Hdb Sep 2008 Balloting Exercise

The one in Oct is a Half Yearly Balloting. i just called HDB. The officer said that we can ballot as many times as we like as long as we have not booked a flat. HTHs.. Luckily it's not like what TYM said.. Phew.. :D

can one lar .. hdb wont reject any $10 donations :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
can one lar .. hdb wont reject any $10 donations :dancingqueen:

You can apply as many time as you want because they dun mind extra pocket money into their bonuses and salary increments. Last time many ppl do that to increase the chances of having a smaller ballot number when the right unit appears. Now since HDB has changed the rules in regards to the chances and 1st timer eligibility, i guess you got to choose properly and then decide if u wanna ballot for it. Because your no. of chances will be reduced everytime you reject to choose a unit when ur appt comes (unless you very confident you will always get no. 2000 & above ah).

Hope this helps...

:dancingqueen:

You can apply as many time as you want because they dun mind extra pocket money into their bonuses and salary increments. Last time many ppl do that to increase the chances of having a smaller ballot number when the right unit appears. Now since HDB has changed the rules in regards to the chances and 1st timer eligibility, i guess you got to choose properly and then decide if u wanna ballot for it. Because your no. of chances will be reduced everytime you reject to choose a unit when ur appt comes (unless you very confident you will always get no. 2000 & above ah).

Hope this helps...

understand

but a bit xin hui yi leng liao ..

wah , the application is now 4463 for 992 units..btw, why is The Pinnalce @ Duxton called S1, S2 Apartment? Seem like normal 4 room to me leh

S1 are equivalent to our 4 room whereas S2 are to our 5 rooms. Price wise i cant deny its abit on the high side and with its the prime location, i cant help but to b envious of those who got it when it launched intially cos easily they know that their house value was up by approx 160k even when they havent get their keys. 3 words of advice from some pple i know when getting a property.. Location, location n still, L.O.C.A.T.I.O.N :yamseng:

Edited by FD1976

S1 are equivalent to our 4 room whereas S2 are to our 5 rooms. Price wise i cant deny its abit on the high side and with its the prime location, i cant help but to b envious of those who got it when it launched intially cos easily they know that their house value was up by approx 160k even when they havent get their keys. 3 words of advice from some pple i know when getting a property.. Location, location n still, L.O.C.A.T.I.O.N :yamseng:

what a pity, i also went to see the showflat there in year 2004, but at that time, i thought the price is expensive, and i didnt have enough savings...

but i remember all units are booked at that time, the available units this time are from those who withdrew their booking, i think they regret liao...

Hope this helps...

Pai seh for giving wrong info. All along I tot cannot.

what a pity, i also went to see the showflat there in year 2004, but at that time, i thought the price is expensive, and i didnt have enough savings...

but i remember all units are booked at that time, the available units this time are from those who withdrew their booking, i think they regret liao...

So lesson learnt that those who can afford to make downpayment THEN might not b able hold it till NOW due to various unknown reasons... so b wise on the piece of land that u can afford to sleep on..

imagine paying $2k+ for the monthly instalment for Duxton, so much right? earn combined income of $8k also must top up a few hundred cash

I think those who can come up with CASH+CPF for duxton wldnt b too bother by it and guess HDB c that this group of pple r those POTENTIALLY high earners who cld b pte property holders sooner or later.. so why not they grab them now.. But i do wonder hv HDB ever approve any loan of 800k with this combined income criteria thingy.. is a 800k loan still affordable for most common of us out here?

I dont know how to survive in singapore already. I thought I could buy a new 4 to 5 room HDB flat and just live there till I die, but now I think I should die first, get insurance money then let my family buy.

270k for a 3 room flat in Queenstown. Really ah! Resale price that high over there? That amount is the same price for a 5 rm in Jurong leh, near yung ching. What is going on man singapore. When did it become so out of common people's reach?

Just a few months ago, saw a bukit batok 5 rm HDB re-released flat going for 265k, was so happy. Now I think I go peddle me arse in geylang.

SPEAKERS CORNER HERE I COME!

I dont know how to survive in singapore already. I thought I could buy a new 4 to 5 room HDB flat and just live there till I die, but now I think I should die first, get insurance money then let my family buy.

270k for a 3 room flat in Queenstown. Really ah! Resale price that high over there? That amount is the same price for a 5 rm in Jurong leh, near yung ching. What is going on man singapore. When did it become so out of common people's reach?

Just a few months ago, saw a bukit batok 5 rm HDB re-released flat going for 265k, was so happy. Now I think I go peddle me arse in geylang.

SPEAKERS CORNER HERE I COME!

i am cursing now :bangwall: as i had rejected a chance last april to select the flat at JW cause my mum was complaining to far for her to go next time....

now looking at the situation look like i am going to get married and stay in family hse until situation are better which look long long long ... :furious:

I still can't get over the fact that they are selling the SUPER TINY 5room flats at Kallang at $490k and above. That's higher than the price of some EAs in the east. I pity the future generation. Gone were the days when the flats are affordable. I wanted to wait for the Walk in Selection initially but I'm glad I didn't. I reckon the price would be the same as that of the market. In the end, me and future hubby got a resale EA and needed to pay only $6k cash. I'd rather have the space than a beautiful landscape outside my home. Afterall, you stay in the house, no? :-)

and they dare say its public housing. Like wa lau, 490k...want us to save for retirement but then zap it all away when we buy a tiny house. Like W T F lor....

to be fair on the HDB prices in the "prime" areas such as queenstown and bt merah, they have always been higher than others. Now with newer flats available in this area (eg. 5-10 yrs old, when it used to be 20+ yrs old at least), of the course the prices of these places cost more.

by the way my parents paid more than 200k on a 5 room in queenstown back in 1995. area was 121sqm. my cousin had just paid i think abt 150k only on a 5 room in admiralty and the area was 13+sqm... see the difference? you pay more, you also get more in resale value, it's fair!

Edited by makemefly

i'm a first time applicant.applied for the sept balloting and there's one more on the way in oct for 4 room and bigger flat under the sale of half yearly.what wld be the chances of the first timers ? do they split under etnic group ? sept balloting result wld be in nov end... and oct sale results wld be in oct end...

the oct half yearly sale comprises places like sengkang ponggol and hougang.

hope i ld get either from the sept sale or oct sale ....